City/Daily drivers....expenses?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti FX35
City/Daily drivers....expenses?

Just curious about miles people expect to get out of the car before they purchase tires and brakes. I know this will vary depending on roads and how hard you push the car. I think I read somewhere here that a guy bought tires after 5K.....not sure if he was tracking the car.

I don't expect to hit 10K per year in Southern California so yearly maintenance will work for me....tires and brakes.....not sure. Your thoughts?

BTW, yes....I can afford the car.....just setting expectations for a non-track car.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by captjay
Just curious about miles people expect to get out of the car before they purchase tires and brakes. I know this will vary depending on roads and how hard you push the car. I think I read somewhere here that a guy bought tires after 5K.....not sure if he was tracking the car.

I don't expect to hit 10K per year in Southern California so yearly maintenance will work for me....tires and brakes.....not sure. Your thoughts?

BTW, yes....I can afford the car.....just setting expectations for a non-track car.
I am going to be changing rear tires soon. About 6K miles on the car now, and mostly ALL highway miles. Brakes are still new!!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Infiniti FX35
Really?

Originally Posted by shaker
I am going to be changing rear tires soon. About 6K miles on the car now, and mostly ALL highway miles. Brakes are still new!!
6K?

Are you saying you will be buying tires every 6K? If so, that is incredible. BTW, I drove the car today and the CA said the tires are good for 20K miles. Are you using stock tires? My guess is he learned that in "CA school"
Old 11-09-2008, 08:44 PM

AMG C63
Cap
thats not that incredible I had 80 Wear rating and those were gone in 4000 miles. THose were Michilen Pilot Sport Cups on my GT3. These are wear rating 280 so they should be good for I am guessing 8-15K miles. Some where in there.
other wear items would be the brakes but I dont know yet on these depending on how hard we use them. That would include track days or no track days and how many miles. 10k miles in SoCal a year and you should have brakes for a good 30K or more. But that depends. I am in SoCal too and well see.
High Desert
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
the guys that have the true 030 brakes are going to crap an egg when they find out how much the brake rotors are.