Sponsored by:

the IS-F you hate pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
It's cute when they change tactics and start playing the martyr.
"you reap what you sow"- how profound

Old 11-25-2008, 07:59 PM

03 C32 AMG
Cant we all just get along lol.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 8speeed
Yep, by simply posting pictures of my car. What a shame!
Ahhh come on we are not stupid (that’s why we bought mercs) you wanted this to happen. Look at the title of your original post. You did not come on here to make friends and talk cars….

“The IS-F you hate pics”…. Jeez cut the BS and top being so pretentious.

So you spent 70K on the worst car in it league? Is that our fault? Numbers don’t lie. You should have had a friendlier intro.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 PM

"you reap what you sow"- how profound
The stereotype stays true…
Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Derspeed
This is my favorite comparison video for these three cars. It's very interesting.

http://www.carzi.com/2008/10/28/bmw-...us-is-f-video/

Sorry if it's been posted previously.
awesome review ...spot on on many views that I look at these three cars.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
Ahhh come on we are not stupid (that’s why we bought mercs) you wanted this to happen. Look at the title of your original post. You did not come on here to make friends and talk cars….

“The IS-F you hate pics”…. Jeez cut the BS and top being so pretentious.

So you spent 70K on the worst car in it league? Is that our fault? Numbers don’t lie. You should have had a friendlier intro.

Sorry.....wrong again. Come on guys, is this the best you're throwing at me? M3 and RS4 can't come close to 12.3's 1/4 mile or 4.2 0-60. And lexus is ranked #1 by JD Power yet again in reliability. I owned an Audi B7 S4 and it spent most of its life in the shop....and the new M3 is already having recalls due to transmission issues! Too bad I spent 58k, not 70k for a car rolling on 18s that gets 12 mpg..........Yawn
And if you guys are soooo happy with your car and think that it's the fastest car in the world (Did I actually see a C63 vs CTS-V thread???)WTF...why is everyone getting their car re-tuned????

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/b...lutch-gearbox/

"Worst car in it league"????? Do you get out often?
Attached Thumbnails the IS-F you hate pics-threadgoing4st.jpg  
Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Why dont you go on the Toyota or Lexus thread LOSER, did they tell you to get lost as well? I think everyone should just ignore this moron as his total intentions from day one was to stir the pot....we are better than that. What kind of goof comes on here and posts pictures of his ugly duckling toyota....the kind that has no class, would love to see you talk to people in real life sitatuations, probably a little coward with a tail between his legs who says "yes sir" to everybody....oh wait, the kind that buys a toyota. But I do have to say, you did a primo job on offending people here.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FrankW
awesome review ...spot on on many views that I look at these three cars.

Great video......three guys drving on a wet road never going over 60 mph because they will turn goats into road kill?

And another european cretin who doesn't get the 8 speed auto slushbox. It's called 21 mpg average bro....and no gas guzzler tax because on the freeway when you're cruising at 70 mph guess what gear you're in???? That's right, 8th gear at 1700 rpms! And when you're on the track, guess how many gears you need??? 5 at the most and that's how many you can use. The way I see it, it's the best of both worlds! If eight gears is two too many than what is 7 in the AMG?

That video was pathetic!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
people -- STOP FEEDING THE TROLL! It'll run away on its own. This is a forum for Mercedes, not hating/loving the Corolla from Lexus.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Sorry.....wrong again. Come on guys, is this the best you're throwing at me? M3 and RS4 can't come close to 12.3's 1/4 mile or 4.2 0-60. And lexus is ranked #1 by JD Power yet again in reliability. I owned an Audi B7 S4 and it spent most of its life in the shop....and the new M3 is already having recalls due to transmission issues! Too bad I spent 58k, not 70k for a car rolling on 18s that gets 12 mpg..........Yawn
And if you guys are soooo happy with your car and think that it's the fastest car in the world (Did I actually see a C63 vs CTS-V thread???)WTF...why is everyone getting their car re-tuned????

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/b...lutch-gearbox/

"Worst car in it league"????? Do you get out often?

Gas mileage? Please, if you can’t afford to fill it up don’t drive it.

Where are you getting those numbers...? Seem to be the old Japanese trick; boost the numbers a much as you can so “appear” better than the Germans.

And of course JD is all over it. It is a Toyota for god sake!

Oh you are so right 8 speed your car is purely amazing. Way better than any other competitor. That’s why every review of the three puts it on the top.

Hope this helps your complex. Sucks wasting 70k caused it.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM

'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Originally Posted by impr
I thought I was a bad troll, but your whole statement about the electronically limited top speed really showcased your intentions. In the interests of wasting time I'll engage in your little foray.

Granted I'm not much of a fan of the intelligence levels of a few of the posters on mbworld, but to come in claiming that "someone who speaks high performance" with regards to disconnected exhaust tips, then in the same breath use the disconnected exhausts in some deluded argument as to why the electronically limited m3 and c63 hit speeds of 155 showcases how dense you are.

That being said, my issue with the exhaust setup wasn't with the fact that they're disconnected, but that it's so blatantly obvious, and done in a manner which in my subjective opinion does not appeal to my aesthetic tastes. Obviously there are scores of cars with faux connected/disconnected exhaust tips but the manner in which they're done is far more subtle and they do not tout it as a performance feature when confronted with criticism on the subject. Whereas on the IS-F to have a 'unique' design element such as the stacked exhausts and to have the system disconnected, especially obvious when viewed from the rear just screams tackiness to me.

But yes, obviously disconnected exhaust systems clearly provide all the necessary downforce to allow the IS-F to hit the vaunted 172mph mark that clearly neither of its german rivals can attain. Nevermind using rear diffusers or underbody aerodynamics, ferrari should've known adding that gap between the exhausts is obviously superior to any other aerodynamic treatment, with it perhaps they will be able to reach 500mph on their f1 cars.

Additionally, regarding your knock on the 19'' wheels not being standard in the c63: In my personal opinion 19'' wheels is the furthest I'd go with regards to performance applications. Any more than that and it becomes purely for appearance and I tend to like my cars more on the sporty side. In addition, the 18'' standard wheels,for myself , have a cohesive design that I feel not only fits with the car but is one of the few wheel designs on the market that give me a hard time when finding a suitable aftermarket replacement.

Of course my views on the wheels is my own personal preference which brings me to the point of personal opinions. Thinking about your situation logically, you are obviously on a message board which is focused primarily on the Mercedes c63. Now I understand enthusiasts always like visiting other forums to gather information about the competition or cars they just like, but clearly, people who have already bought the c63 had their reasons as to why they purchased it over the IS-F or M3, and no amount of lip service to your personal choice will be likely to change their opinions. Stirring up arguments by bashing the competition and frankly, questionable technical statements regarding the IS-F's superior aerodynamic prowess is tantamount to trolling.

Before you say, that I am equivocally miming your behavior, I admit I do troll to kill time, but the difference is I don't go around to other car forums and tout my car as the fastest and greatest thing and talk about disconnected exhausts as if its some feature which should be touted as technically superior. Before you know it people will be saying how the synthesized sounds in electric cars provides vastly superior performance tuning because engineers no longer have to take into account mechanical acoustics.
I actually joined this site just because of this thread as I would like to point out that the majority of IS F owners are not like this. This made it onto our site at CL sadly. I also have an 08 IS F and strongly considered a C63. I personally think it's a great car, but like you said we each have our own reasons for choosing what we did. Had the C63 actually been available, I'd honestly say it would have probably come down to a coin flip.

As to the "fake" quad exhausts, I have actually received nothing but compliments on them. Most people (albeit not car enthusiasts) think they look cool, regardless of the functionality.

I will be interested to read more on this site, especially considering that now that the C63 is more readily available, maybe I can have both in the garage.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Reading through all that, it becomes tempting to generalize and think that IS-F drivers are, by and large, in denial and suffering from acute bouts of envy. However, I'm sure those traits are only applicable to some of them.

Great post, by the way.
I hope you realize that this is more accurate.

I'd be willing to debate the merits of both cars, each has it's postives and negatives (see my other posts), but we all made the choices in our best interests. They, IMO, are both great cars and we are all lucky to have such fine machines.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
Gas mileage? Please, if you can’t afford to fill it up don’t drive it.

Where are you getting those numbers...? Seem to be the old Japanese trick; boost the numbers a much as you can so “appear” better than the Germans.

And of course JD is all over it. It is a Toyota for god sake!

Oh you are so right 8 speed your car is purely amazing. Way better than any other competitor. That’s why every review of the three puts it on the top.

Hope this helps your complex. Sucks wasting 70k caused it.

Dude you drive a five year old car.....who can't afford what?

LOL......maybe you should let your "chic" drive that old piece as well!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 PM

2008 m5
hey 8speed, how do you like the steering wheel? it seemed a little thin to me after experiencing the m3 and c63. am i off base on this?

i liked the is-f and LOVE the idea of a car that doesn't need constant repairs like my past mercs. mb has been putting out some real crap.

i just wish they'd work out a fold down rear seat on the is-f....
Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 PM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
If gimmicks are your thing the IS-F is the car for you. Its cheaply done inside, trying too hard on the outside. Not good enough Lexus, try harder next time.

One thing I do have fun with though is blasting by IS-F's when I am in my M3 or C63
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by gsmps
If gimmicks are your thing the IS-F is the car for you. Its cheaply done inside, trying too hard on the outside. Not good enough Lexus, try harder next time.

One thing I do have fun with though is blasting by IS-F's when I am in my M3 or C63
No offense, but the interior of the C63 doesn't come close to the IS F and that is a point that has been made in most reviews. Even my wife, a non-car enthusiast, pointed it out as looking cheap when we were car shopping. The exterior is a subjective thing, your opinion, to which you are entiled. But it really is a fantastic car....not saying it's better, but it's still a great car.

P.S. You may blow by it in your C63, but a M3 sedan will not blow by it in a straight line
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned

Dude, your M3 is a 13 second car at best and the only thing you will be passing on the freeway is your "other" car er C63 when it has to pull over to get gas because it only gets 12 mpg!!!!

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oyQS...eature=related

here's what I think about your little 4 liter!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Dude, your M3 is a 13 second car at best and the only thing you will be passing on the freeway is your "other" car er C63 when it has to pull over to get gas because it only gets 12 mpg!!!!

LOL

Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63

LOL

Last time i was at the strip an IS-F was running 13.3's 13.4's in any event VVV
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 PM

While I am not here to defend 8speed....and will be the first to admit he is a jackass....some of the posts on this site are utterly dissappointing. I would think that there would be a little more class.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM

C63
too bad, my car's top speed is limited at 174mph, its all PP's fault.

IS-F does look sharp and aggressive, but I like C63 better.

I would consider C63/M3, but not an IS-F, sorry.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 PM

08 e90 m3/09 c63/ 06 cls55 /
Unfortunately, it seems that most people here have fallen for 8speed's amateur trolling.

CDNRockies, I am absolutely sure that most IS-F drivers are not like 8speed as I have a few friends who were early adopters of the lexus'. As for the some of responses in this thread, I again have to point out the first sentence of the second paragraph in my initial post within the thread. I guess like 8speed does not represent all is-f drivers the infantile banter from some here does not necessarily represent all the c63 drivers in the world either .

Having now glistened over my objection to his questionable statements regarding aerodynamics earlier without answer, some have fed the troll into monsterous proportions. He has taken on the visage of a equivocal GTR/Vette fanboy. Unfortunately, I don't proclaim to be here to stop the troll rather, it is a nice waste of time while waiting for my food to bake in the oven.

8speed may not be a teenager but his demeanor and generally childish responses to equally childish insults is a showcase if this one individual's intentions to get under some people's skin.

The very fact that 8speed feels that the very professional staff at Drivers Republic are 'cretin' reviewers and know nothing about cars showcases how little he knows on the subject of cars outside of magazine and internet blog bench racing. For the record the staff at Driver's Republic feature some of the European automotive journalism industry's vets who worked at a variety of reputable publications, and their testing procedures are some of the most interesting and technically sound comparisons. The sad thing is the internet enables youth these days to think that their voice is tantamount to gospel.

For a brief side by side comparison see:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/car47377fa80ea8e.html

Obviously the IS-F and C63 are very similar, with one car beating out another on different tracks, and separated by subjective qualities such as feel, appearance and real world drivability. As amazing as it may seem, some prefer (maybe for the wrong reasons ) either cars.

In regards to the cts-v being amazingly fast(regarding your other post), no one would deny it is, but other factors come into play such as, personal preference. The cts-v is undoubtedly markedly faster than the c63 on the ring, but would you mind linking your source information for a '30 second slower on the 'ring ' c63 laptime?

Last edited by impr; 11-25-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I hope you realize that this is more accurate.

I'd be willing to debate the merits of both cars, each has it's postives and negatives (see my other posts), but we all made the choices in our best interests. They, IMO, are both great cars and we are all lucky to have such fine machines.
If you want to debate the merits of the cars themselves, you might as well do that on a new thread. This one was tainted from the very first post.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:17 PM

C63

LOL

I need to make a video of my honda odyssey spanking my friend's m3. and then, i will post it on m3post.com, sit tight and wait for replies
Old 11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
....some of the posts on this site are utterly dissappointing. I would think that there would be a little more class.
I'm not sure what the objective of your comment is. Just an observation? There are 100,000 users on this board and millions of posts. If you're talking in general, yes of course there will be comments that will disappoint. Did I mention there are 100,000 users on this board? If your comment was specific to this thread, then while I certainly will never support name-calling or personal attacks from anyone, coming to a MBZ board with the sole objective to instigate and start flame wars with another brand...you can't seriously be surprised with how people would respond. So I'm not sure who is more confused...you or me?

Needless to say, I have very little tolerance for this behavior. I have sent warnings where they are due.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the IS-F you hate pics