Vancouver, BC Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
damn weather!
hopefully its more cooperative in the near future.
i guess its downtime for the AMG till the snow clears.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by jikjak
damn weather!
hopefully its more cooperative in the near future.
i guess its downtime for the AMG till the snow clears.
The best laid plans of mice and men...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
The best laid plans of mice and men...
Hope we can meet up another time soon!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
yes i hope so too. i was looking forward to this meet all week! maybe there will be no snow next weekend, or else we are going to have to arrange an AWD/offroad meet instead.
well at least the snow makes it a good time to send in the ecu for a reflash and take advantage of the RRS for the time being.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Dilemma time...do I put on the snows or not?? My S4 should be out of the repair shop by end of the week, so essentially, I can just drive that in the crappy winter weather. Is there even a point in taking the C63 out of the garage when it's snowing?

Last edited by SebringSilver; 12-14-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
if there is snow built up on the roads, then theres really no point. you are just gonna slide and activate the traction control whenever u step on the gas. its drivable today though. i tried taking my car out after i got home earlier and it was ok since the roads were pretty much just wet. i was in C mode though and i wasnt able to step hard on the gas at all.

i wouldnt bother with snows for the amg though. just use a different car thats better suited for the limited amount of snow that we get here.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
if there is snow built up on the roads, then theres really no point. you are just gonna slide and activate the traction control whenever u step on the gas. its drivable today though. i tried taking my car out after i got home earlier and it was ok since the roads were pretty much just wet. i was in C mode though and i wasnt able to step hard on the gas at all.

i wouldnt bother with snows for the amg though. just use a different car thats better suited for the limited amount of snow that we get here.
Damn, I saw a brand spanking new black GL today on the road, and even though I've always been a staunch critic of SUVs in general, I have to admit I like the way that thing looks. I also test drove the Range Rover Sport Limited Edition a couple of weekends ago...that is also a sweet ride.

Life is so hard sometimes.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
ya the GL is nice, if they made an AMG version of it id be all over that. i didnt really like the the ML or the cayenne turbo so i ended up going with the range rover sport s/c and its quite a lot of fun. its pretty amazing what it can do off-road and its a lot of fun doing that as well! i dont like the big one though, it drives like a boat. i used to be anti suv as well but it comes in handy as a second ride.

man i still love the C63, its a great package for a good price. cant wait to order one once my gf is ready to get a car.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
ya the GL is nice, if they made an AMG version of it id be all over that. i didnt really like the the ML or the cayenne turbo so i ended up going with the range rover sport s/c and its quite a lot of fun. its pretty amazing what it can do off-road and its a lot of fun doing that as well! i dont like the big one though, it drives like a boat. i used to be anti suv as well but it comes in handy as a second ride.

man i still love the C63, its a great package for a good price. cant wait to order one once my gf is ready to get a car.
Your girlfriend is 15?

Edit: Oh, I think I get it...you mean when she's ready to get her NEXT car, yes?

BTW, how's it looking for a meet next weekend?

Last edited by SebringSilver; 12-14-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
haha shes not 15, she just doesnt have her own car yet and she doesnt drive too often. she does want to get one in the near future though, so ill help her get into the C63 if i dont get one myself before that happens.

well it should be sunny the next few days, but forecast is predicting snow for the weekend. maybe we should have a weekday meet?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
haha shes not 15, she just doesnt have her own car yet and she doesnt drive too often. she does want to get one in the near future though, so ill help her get into the C63 if i dont get one myself before that happens.

well it should be sunny the next few days, but forecast is predicting snow for the weekend. maybe we should have a weekday meet?
A weekday meet??? You might be surprised, but I think you'll get plenty of takers on that. I don't think anyone on this thread has a job...except me!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
I can't do it before Jan. 5th
Going to Big White for 3 days this weekend, then I'm going back to Taiwan right after that.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
A weekday meet??? You might be surprised, but I think you'll get plenty of takers on that. I don't think anyone on this thread has a job...except me!
You are not the only one have a JOB!! I am with you David, but I can make it this weekend. If the weather is good!!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
lol i wish i didnt have to work either. life would be much more fun!
i was just proposing a weekday meet since the weather looks good for the weekdays but it may snow again on the weekend. i dont mind leaving early to have some amg fun!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
i was just proposing a weekday meet since the weather looks good for the weekdays but it may snow again on the weekend. i dont mind leaving early to have some amg fun!
That is a good idea!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by RW C55
I can't do it before Jan. 5th
Going to Big White for 3 days this weekend, then I'm going back to Taiwan right after that.
Whoa, sounds like fun. Enjoy!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by lee7758
You are not the only one have a JOB!! I am with you David, but I can make it this weekend. If the weather is good!!
Unfortunately, it looks like the weather for this upcoming weekend is going to be crap.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
LOL

I'm also looking for any excuse to have some fun with my car. I drove out to New Westminster today and took the East/West Connector and boy that is a fun drive.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
oh nice! u shoulda let me know! i could have joined u in the afternoon! hehe
i actually have to head out to new west to grab a bunch of surefire flashlights from the army surplus store out there.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I will do that, T.

Meanwhile, some of the guys in the C Class forum are putting together this charity drive for the children's hospital. Check it out. I'm going to go.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...vancouver.html
Old 12-15-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Thanks for your support SebringSilver.

PS, would anyone be interested in a MB drive, im thinking all MB's welcome and go for a rip to Sqamish or Whistler when the weather gets better. Maybe grab a bit and drive back. I love that drive and a band of MB's would look so good!

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 PM

I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW

PS, would anyone be interested in a MB drive, im thinking all MB's welcome and go for a rip to Sqamish or Whistler when the weather gets better. Maybe grab a bit and drive back. I love that drive and a band of MB's would look so good!

I think that would be an awesome idea, but probably not till late spring early summer...the roads before the snowfall was terrible with all the blasting holes and construction...hopefully they'll repave some stretches...bent 2 rims (minor) last summer going up to whistler. ...yah, roads are pretty crappy right now.....

A cruise down the chuckanut (spelling) would be another idea too..
Old 12-15-2008, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW

Hey, no problem. I hope more people will turn up to donate toys for the kids.

As for the MB meet, we kind of just did that, actually. About a week ago a bunch of us drove out to Whytecliff along Marine Drive and then came back on the Upper Levels. A drive up to Squamish/Whistler would be fantastic, but as Supafly says, the weather would have to be pretty darn predictable for any of us to risk it...unless you don't mind us driving other cars better suited to the snowy climate.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
I will do that, T.

Meanwhile, some of the guys in the C Class forum are putting together this charity drive for the children's hospital. Check it out. I'm going to go.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...vancouver.html
that sounds like a plan!
i should be able to make it for that as well!
i hope it doesnt snow again.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
that sounds like a plan!
i should be able to make it for that as well!
i hope it doesnt snow again.
Thanks bro!! look forword to meeting you too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vancouver, BC Meet