BMW M5 VS CTS-V VS C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
My statement was not arrogant nor aggresive after hhughes1 posted: "Bottom line is without that concern, MB would be putting out a stock C63 that would best the CTS-V in every performance criteria". The guy was trying to say that the only reason the C63 isn't king is b/c they hold back their cars on purpose. He is saying that the CTSV performs better than the C63 only b/c MB allowed it to happen on purpose...cuz if they actually tried it would easily beat it.

I love cars - all cars. Just don't like it when people bash a good car by saying stuff like this.
Ok, thats cool.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I'm not arguing this fact at all. This fact is the one reason why I've been coming to this site since the C63 was announced. If I didn't have a baby I wouldn't have bought the Cayenne and would probably be sitting in a nice white C63.

I was just saying to hhughes1 that a simple retune isn't going to make the C63 unbeatable...especially since the CTSV will undoubtedly have another 30-50hp of untapped potential as well for little money.
I think you missed my original post #2 in the thread that starts with " 3 great cars for sure" Like wise I am a car nut and I appreciate brand diversity and how it forces all manufacturers to raise their game. However this is a MB forum and I will continue to whine about the missing ponies at least until I have a chance to get it rectified by one of the code masters like MHP
Old 12-06-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by hhughes1
I think you missed my original post #2 in the thread that starts with " 3 great cars for sure" Like wise I am a car nut and I appreciate brand diversity and how it forces all manufacturers to raise their game. However this is a MB forum and I will continue to whine about the missing ponies at least until I have a chance to get it rectified by one of the code masters like MHP
I look forward to the continuing progress they're making on these cars!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by 1st amg
All I know is that you will get more "curb appeal" with a tri-star Benz symbol on a car than a cadillac, sorry caddy, but you dont have the same stigma that Benz carries....
Um, I'm pretty sure that you meant "status", not "stigma".