Sponsored by:

Buttons in console area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Buttons in console area?

Does anyone know what various buttons go in the center console area where the rear sunshade one is located? I'm considering locating the on/off switch for my Laser Interceptor there and thought it would be cool to use a factory button if there is one that would work to provide on/off and have a integrated light to indicate if it was on.

TIA,

Mike
Old 01-07-2009, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 350 Obsidian Black
looks like that center switch cluster is only available as a unit. Meaning you can't just add switches to it you need to replace the complete panel. from seat heater switch to seat heater switch if you have it.

But for reference the switches that are included in that section are: Roller blind, Parktronic, Advanved Agility Package (dynamic suspension), and I guess an additional blank for any future additions.

Problem is you will only be able to get a switch panel to include the roller blind since that is all that is available in the US.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
I'm sure you can order a euro version with the added button(s) from Steve at MBenzNL. Just throwing this out there - on the W203 with a little work you can grind down the tabs behind a blank button and it will become functional I believe. At that point I think you would have to find a point on the PCB to solder on your wires off the switch. Not sure if they changed this in the W204 removing the actual switch from the blank buttons.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Replacing the entire panel would probably be a bit more money than I care to spend. I'll lok at the existing one to see if the blanks can be made functional. Otherwise I'll be sticking with my power/kill swith located under the dash where it is currently installed.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 220 CDI
I'm also looking to use some OEM switches for my LI but the thing is you can use only switches which operate on ''on-off'' mode. if you understand what I'm talking about.

For example you want to use your Parking help switch. When you press it parking aid is off right ?

You have to figure out is it possible for LI to be ON when your switch is set to OFF mode.

Some ideas ?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by qship5
Replacing the entire panel would probably be a bit more money than I care to spend. I'll lok at the existing one to see if the blanks can be made functional. Otherwise I'll be sticking with my power/kill swith located under the dash where it is currently installed.

Thanks,

Mike
could you just wire it to the blind switch... so when you turn it off, the blinds will go up... turn it on.. the blinds will go down? this might work for me since i almost never use them

i'd like to see your set up of the LI... i'm getting interested but would want a fairly clean install inside and out.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 GLS450, 20 GLS450
Check with you MB Mechanic. I'm sure he can find a solution for you.

Cliff - Laser Interceptor