iPod Connection in C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
iPod Connection in C63

Hi Guys,

Just wondering, does an iPod connection on the C63 show the tracks on the Sat Nav screen, or just in the instrument cluster ?

Also, The "card" in the dash, does it take 32gb SD cards and does that show tracks in the Sta Nav Screen ?

I am in the UK - picking it up next week

Thanks

A
Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM

2009 C63 AMG / 2009 Nissan GT-R / 1988 Ferrari 328 / 1977 Maserati Bora
The search tool is your friend, friend. Welcome to the forum.

I'll let others answer the "card in dash" questions, but as the for the iPod. No you can only see the tracks from the lcd in the speedo cluster.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:25 AM

C63
The card takes a PCMIA card (I have an 08 US car). Why they chose this I have no idea. Function wise it's pretty neat but dated. I fail to believe a SD card slot would have been that much more expensive. The tracks will show up on the Nav Screen, but no song info.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by jtdominate
The card takes a PCMIA card (I have an 08 US car). Why they chose this I have no idea. Function wise it's pretty neat but dated. I fail to believe a SD card slot would have been that much more expensive. The tracks will show up on the Nav Screen, but no song info.
I agree about the PCM-CIA but on the upside I picked up the PCM-CIA adapter for compact flash cards for ten bucks. I used that to upload my Outlook contacts into the car.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Originally Posted by jtdominate
Not sure I understand this comment. I have a 32GB CF card in an adapter with loads of mp3 files on it and I see song info on the COMAND display when playing them as well as when browsing the folders determining what to play.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM

C63
Maybe it's the way my MP3's are tagged but I don't see song title or artist name, only track #. I drag songs from iTunes to the SD card. Most are ripped from the CD so maybe that's why. Maybe tracks with DRM are tagged with name, artist info???

I have an 07 Audi A3 and it has two SD card slots behind the Navi. A much better and easier to access setup. The Audi system doesn't have a hard drive. But I almost find that feature useless given how many songs an SD card can hold. I use a 2GB with no problem. My F430 has an SD card slot but it'll only recognize a 1B. Anything larger the radio won't recognize.

I had to get a small repair done on the C63 and my manual turned up missing from the car. Anyway ordered a new one from the dealer and it was different from the manual that came with the 08. The dealer said it was an updated manual. I noticed there is nothing in the 09 manual about the card slot.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Not sure if it has to do with teh tagging of the mp3 files or not. I just dragged the mp3 files from my server harddrive to the CF card using explorer. The files were already set up in folders based on Artist then Album below that, with the songs in the album folders. I used a 16GB CF card via a PCMCIA adapter I had laying around from an old Epson photo printer. The COMAND reads the card and when I browse I see artists listed and then by selecting an artist with the controller I see the albums for that artist. Once I drill down into the album folder I see the songs all listed. When playing I see the song name displayed in the COMAND screen. The system does take a little while to read the card when first selecting it as the source, but after that it is quite fast to search through it and select music.