250km later....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:27 AM
GMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63 AMG PP
250km later....

This car is just awesome! I am lost for words. EVERY drive is a journey. I look forward to it and it gets my adrenaline pumping throughout the body. It will either freak or stun passengers....and I haven't yet fully opened it up (still following the break in rules...which is getting harder by the day). I just don't want to stop driving.

Some people say the C gearbox mode is very tame. However, I find tame means quite a beast so watch out. Okay i did put it in S mode 3 times so far, for a short time, but during the brief experience with S I realized one thing.... It's like letting an angry, caged animal loose. It just wants to pounce on everything in sight. It pushes you into driving it much faster...so much so that even after break-in, for my own sanity and health, I will leave it in C for most of my usual weekly commute and savor S for the weekends!

I've noticed that the exhaust gets noticeably louder when the car is much warmer/hotter. So no sneaking in and out of the house when my main exiting road is on a sharp incline. My neighbor asked me if I was trying to go full throttle up the hill from our house and I told her 'sorry, I was trying to be quiet and gently touch the accelerator'. The good thing was that she liked the sound and was okay with it. I also woke my wife up early on Monday morning when the car did it's special cold-wake-up roar. When I went back home that day, she told me it sounded like a Lion being rudely woken up from its slumber. She was so impressed/thrilled that she wanted me to hear it, the way she heard it, the next day.

The ride is firm but comfortable. You would think that those two words are incompatible but that's the way I feel from the driver's seat. You feel the bumps but it feels like the car is fully riding over the bump not just hammering away or skimming over the top. So you get a feeling of the car having incredible grip and feel of the road. The whole vehicle feels very solid, like it's carved out of a single block of metal. Additionally, you don't feel like you have a V8 in the front, weight wise. It is not nose heavy at all! This all makes the experience that much more brilliant. The brakes seem to be more than up to the task too. You can really feel the braking force. AMG did a brilliant job on this one!!!

I'll post new pics soon.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Great to see you thoroughly enjoying the new car. Wait till you've gotten past the break-in period...everything will be amplified even more.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
hell yeah!!! the AMG engineers have done great on this piece of machinery haven't they? hehe when was your last post when u got the car? must've been a week already. 250km on a daily commute isn't bad.. and yes.. it is ever so tempting to put it into Sports mode.

at least your neighbour and wifey appreciates the notes coming out of the exhaust pipes

when you go past your breaking in period.. find a tunnel, bring your windows down, switch into Sports mode and hear your sexy beast roar!!! hehe that's what i did last weekend and man, i was so surprised how good it felt to hear her roar...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Damn guys, after reading this I want to go home on drive the car. Unfortunately we are getting HAMMERED by snow and ice the last 2 days so the beast is in the garage and the TL is out doing his thing in the snow. I can’t wait for spring, I have only been able to drive the beast a handful of time in the last couple of months.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Ape
Damn guys, after reading this I want to go home on drive the car. Unfortunately we are getting HAMMERED by snow and ice the last 2 days so the beast is in the garage and the TL is out doing his thing in the snow. I can’t wait for spring, I have only been able to drive the beast a handful of time in the last couple of months.
Same here, using all the other cars at home during these crappy months, only had the car out on the very dry and crisp days(very few), but everytime it has had my hair standing again, I miss driving it every day, spring cant some soon enough, oh well, when the weather gets better I will appreciate the car even more. Now its time to start the car!!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:46 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Ape
I use Odyssey with Bridgestone blizzak snowtires...
Old 01-29-2009, 01:27 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP

Originally Posted by yazid
hell yeah!!! the AMG engineers have done great on this piece of machinery haven't they? hehe when was your last post when u got the car? must've been a week already. 250km on a daily commute isn't bad.. and yes.. it is ever so tempting to put it into Sports mode.

at least your neighbour and wifey appreciates the notes coming out of the exhaust pipes

when you go past your breaking in period.. find a tunnel, bring your windows down, switch into Sports mode and hear your sexy beast roar!!! hehe that's what i did last weekend and man, i was so surprised how good it felt to hear her roar...
Actually only started using it last Saturday afternoon. I'm doing a lot of, not-really-necessary, journeys just to keep on driving it.

Now I need to find a reason to go out during lunch hours.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
It is a masterpiece! The sound...the look....the mid range punch....even the seats!....it all comes together for a driving experience that far surpasses my expectation.

PS Living in Florida is a nice plus in between the hurricanes.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by GMW
Actually only started using it last Saturday afternoon. I'm doing a lot of, not-really-necessary, journeys just to keep on driving it.

Now I need to find a reason to go out during lunch hours.
I purposely left things off the grocery list my wife would give me, and I'm not talking one item, a bunch, lots of grocery runs here!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I purposely left things off the grocery list my wife would give me, and I'm not talking one item, a bunch, lots of grocery runs here!
I did think about trying that but my wife would not be too happy if a 'vital' ingredient for her next meal was going to be delayed....however.... maybe if I can leave the non-food items behind......
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Congrats, I hope you have much more enjoyable miles left!