Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 or S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 or S550

I know I know...2 VERY different cars. I'm looking to get a lease with 25k miles a year. I've posted here before about my situation.

Went to the dealer today to look at both of the cars.

C63 - 36 Months - $1315/Month
S550 - 36 Months - $1700/Month

On the S-Class they are giving me "ambassador" pricing since I know the dealer.

My commute is 46 miles each way...sometimes sitting in heavy traffic.

Based on prices, comfort, gas, etc...What is going to be my best option?

Opinions?

Thanks!

-Kyle
Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
I personally think that's a really good price on the S class. The S class will be a lot more comfortable ride than the C63 if you were based on comfort. I'm not too sure about gas? but I think the S class will consume less gas. My mom has the S550 and I gotta say it's a really comfortable car, not only for the passengers but for the driver as well. The only thing I hate about S class and 7 series is I hate driving long and wide cars. But other than that I think it's a really comfortable car. I'm sorry, but if it was me I would choose the C63 only reason is because it's not as wide/long....that's how much I hate driving big cars.
But don't get me wrong, I love the new S class.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12 CLS63
If I were you, I wouldn't lease given the current market, you can buy a lightly used '08 instead. I'd go for the c63 if you don't need to carry rear passengers often.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by KyleE
I know I know...2 VERY different cars. I'm looking to get a lease with 25k miles a year. I've posted here before about my situation.

Went to the dealer today to look at both of the cars.

C63 - 36 Months - $1315/Month
S550 - 36 Months - $1700/Month

On the S-Class they are giving me "ambassador" pricing since I know the dealer.

My commute is 46 miles each way...sometimes sitting in heavy traffic.

Based on prices, comfort, gas, etc...What is going to be my best option?

Opinions?

Thanks!

-Kyle
Hi Kyle. I know I weighed in on your prior C63 lease exploration.

I'm just not getting why you seem to be so intent on leasing these higher-end Mercedes.

Leasing can be a good option for some people. We discussed those before.

You have a nearly 100 mile daily commute (sometimes in heavy traffic) -- dude...the C63 will rob you blind in gas. Add an extra $330 per month for gas to get to work @ 14 mpg. The S550 is better, but not much on mileage.

I don't know your financial situation and I don't want to know. I think you have to ask yourself if you can really afford either of these cars. By afford, I don't mean you have enough money every month to make the car payment. I mean by afford that you have (in this economy) at least 9 months of living expenses banked in cash, you have at least 25% equity in your home, no debt other than your mortgage, investing at least 10% of your salary in a retirement plan, and a stable job that you're confident you'll have for at least 36 months (very important especially if you lock into a 3-year lease). If you've got all this, than pick whichever car works better for your needs--only you can know that. This way, at least we took the lease versus buy off the table.

Although leasing either of these 2 cars is not smart, in my opinion, if you meet the above financial criteria, my non-professional, for entertainment only advice is again, pick whichever you like better. Don't show us the monthly lease payments, just tell us how the cars differ and which one you like better.