Sponsored by:

More tickets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Anyone else experience increase in tickets with this car?
Knock on wood, not so far. Last one I got was in my 911. When he pulled me over his comment was "I'm giving you a ticket for improper lane change. I was chasing you through traffic, but I couldn't keep up with you to pace you for speeding."
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Knock on wood, not so far. Last one I got was in my 911. When he pulled me over his comment was "I'm giving you a ticket for improper lane change. I was chasing you through traffic, but I couldn't keep up with you to pace you for speeding."
LOL.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 PM

04 CLK 500, 07 GSX-R 750, S 550, 09 Jeep GC
In the last 2 weeks I've received 2 speeding tickets. One for 80 in 55 and other for 65 in 45. In the second, I was hauling a$$ at night down a state route and passed a cop who was driving in the other direction. He zapped me with instant on before I had a chance.

Pleading not guilty and hoping judge reduces the charges (2 different districts).

Anyone else experience increase in tickets with this car?
you could have got out of the second ticket right then and there. you did say "he was heading in the other direction"! buy the time he turns around and accelerates to your old speed. you should have put atleast 1/2 mile on him.

after all, you are in a C63.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:44 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CLK Masters
you could have got out of the second ticket right then and there. you did say "he was heading in the other direction"! buy the time he turns around and accelerates to your old speed. you should have put atleast 1/2 mile on him.

after all, you are in a C63.
I tried that once way back in my college years -- on a motorcycle. Sure, he was no longer in sight, but ~5 miles down the road was a roadblock of police cars waiting for me. He simply radio'd ahead. That sucked.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Running from the cops is usually not a good idea. Here's a good story of one such attempt. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/632467-post23.html
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM

2009 C63 AMG
So I got a referral for an attorney. For $500 per ticket he claims he'll be able to likely get each of them reduced to a fine with no points. Given my insurance will increase over a 3-year period in the amount greater than $1,000 if convicted of these 2 speeding violations, I see this as a potential savings. Either way, it sucks.

So I'm in C mode now -- I'll be in C mode for a while. My wonderful Kleemann mods will have to remain dormant until such time that my bad luck runs out, or I figure out how to judiciously speed without getting caught (if there is such a thing).

I really do think it's bad luck, coupled with a higher police presence shooting radar. As per my sig, all of my other cars were not what one would call sleepers. The turbo esprit was especially fast and what I would consider to be a cop magnet. In all those years ~10 of cars going back to the E36 M3, I've not had 1 speeding ticket. Must be the C63 curse. (yeah, yeah, I know the car does not drive itself).

Last edited by taylorcoleman; 03-02-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I got a parking ticket.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Enforcement is a revenue source to most towns.
Lower tax receipts mean they need more revenue from somewhere else.

It's only gonna' get worse.
+1.

Where I work, cops are now hanging around at 5:30pm to catch not just speeders, but issue "no front plate" and "window tint" tickets. I got one a few weeks ago (not in my C63)

Pure revenue collection for our fubar'd oversized lazy and dumb government. Bend over! You guys in Benzes can afford to carry the load, can't you??

thanks for letting me rant a bit

edit/add: I was pulled over in my C63 the VERY FIRST TIME I redlined it, just after break-in. Talk about a buzzkill. He let me go. But every time I prepare to punch it, I tend to look around to see who's watching. The car is loud and fast and even though it's grey, it will attract attention.

Last edited by Hans Delbruck; 03-02-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4matic
i was running yesterday in a local park. i sh*t-you-not a cop was hiding behind a bush, and he got someone as i ran by. it was funny bc he had to take the bike path, the same one i was running on, to get back to the road to catch the guy.

end of the month + budget cuts = cops hiding in bushes to catch speeders
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM

'09 C63 ///AMG
So I got a referral for an attorney. For $500 per ticket he claims he'll be able to likely get each of them reduced to a fine with no points. Given my insurance will increase over a 3-year period in the amount greater than $1,000 if convicted of these 2 speeding violations, I see this as a potential savings. Either way, it sucks.

So I'm in C mode now -- I'll be in C mode for a while. My wonderful Kleemann mods will have to remain dormant until such time that my bad luck runs out, or I figure out how to judiciously speed without getting caught (if there is such a thing).

I really do think it's bad luck, coupled with a higher police presence shooting radar. As per my sig, all of my other cars were not what one would call sleepers. The turbo esprit was especially fast and what I would consider to be a cop magnet. In all those years ~10 of cars going back to the E36 M3, I've not had 1 speeding ticket. Must be the C63 curse. (yeah, yeah, I know the car does not drive itself).
Insurance companies do not care if you ended up getting points or not. As long as you are found guilty for the speeding ticket (or whatever traffic violation), your insurance company will raise your premiums. The points only goes towards your driving record. First hand experience....
Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
At a minimum elect to take it to court. If the officer is unable to attend(it does happen occasionaly) you are off the hook. In Florida, traffic court is presided over by an official several rungs down the ladder rather than a true "judge". I have seen them offer "pay fine and no points" to every person willing to plea once they realized that the officer was present.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Originally Posted by iLc63
Insurance companies do not care if you ended up getting points or not. As long as you are found guilty for the speeding ticket (or whatever traffic violation), your insurance company will raise your premiums. The points only goes towards your driving record. First hand experience....
Without points showing up on your DMV record how will the insuranace company ever know about the ticket. Your attorney can have the records sealed so no one but law enforcement has access to it.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by iLc63
Yes, good point. I think this makes sense because I pulled my driving record & found my prior speeding conviction. It just says points assessed, but does not indicate points. It does clearly indication the violation, however. So, I think the only way around this is to ask the judge to issue a different citation that is not a moving violation?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by qship5
Running from the cops is usually not a good idea. Here's a good story of one such attempt. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/632467-post23.html
Ouch. Any idea what car he was in?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 PM

09 C63 K2
I have been clocked at 18 km/h above 50 and at the court it was reduced to 10.
Some insurance companies (StateFarm) make a big deal out of it, increasing premium almost twice. Other insurance companies does not take this to consideration if it is just only one ticket.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
get a lawyer. $500 is on the upper end of traffic ticket attorneys.

search the internet for traffic lawyers in that courts jurisdiction. look for their background and pay attn to who was a former DA in that specific jurisdiction. A guy who was a former DA for 15 yrs before going into priv practice likely knows all the cops and all the judges, reviews your case with them before it even goes to court, gets them to accept 7 over and no points or improper use of a motor vehicle or whatever else BS low-level ticket, and youre done.

unless its a minor ticket, dont ever leave it up to luck, get the right attorney.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rory breaker
get a lawyer. $500 is on the upper end of traffic ticket attorneys.

search the internet for traffic lawyers in that courts jurisdiction. look for their background and pay attn to who was a former DA in that specific jurisdiction. A guy who was a former DA for 15 yrs before going into priv practice likely knows all the cops and all the judges, reviews your case with them before it even goes to court, gets them to accept 7 over and no points or improper use of a motor vehicle or whatever else BS low-level ticket, and youre done.

unless its a minor ticket, dont ever leave it up to luck, get the right attorney.
Thanks Rory, appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, thought $500 was a little high. I met with him yesterday, but he seems very well connected with one of the 2 judges that I'll be in front of. He's also been practicing in this area for over 33 years. He was also recommended to me from my MB dealer, so although I did not do much independent diligence, he seems capable. He mostly does criminal cases (non-traffic), so perhaps him representing me for speeding will be in my favor since most of his appearances are for other things.

But another member here made a good observation. Even if I get both tickets reduced to a moving violation with no points, this will still show on my driver's record. I ran my PA driver's record yesterday and noted the speeding ticket I received last June. I believe that unless the judge accepts a violation w/ a fine that is non-moving violation related, my insurance will still see speeding violations. Do you have any experience on that issue?

Thank you.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Taylor,
What is the attorneys name/what firm is he with?

More than likely if he is successful in defending you, you should plead guilty to 5 mph over and agree to pay the fine. The violation will still show up on your driving record, but you get no points and your insurance should not go up. Over the last 5 years I have had 4 tickets for anywhere from 10-30 over and gotten them all reduced to 5 over, with no bump in insurance premiums.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by lauer87
Taylor,
What is the attorneys name/what firm is he with?

More than likely if he is successful in defending you, you should plead guilty to 5 mph over and agree to pay the fine. The violation will still show up on your driving record, but you get no points and your insurance should not go up. Over the last 5 years I have had 4 tickets for anywhere from 10-30 over and gotten them all reduced to 5 over, with no bump in insurance premiums.
Much appreciated, thank you! I will send you a PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:05 PM

09 C63 K2
In Ontario we can chech our driver's records and see the same violations as insurance companies:
https://www.soetrans.serviceontario....annel/?lang=en
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I know all the speed traps around where I usually drive. When I enter unknown zone I watch out. About couple months ago I got pulled over for tailgating. I told the cop I work for the US government and showed my ID. Well he let me go.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM

09' C63 AMG
I’ve gotten worse, but got off with no points... nothing. Just invest in a good traffic lawyer... You should get familiar with the roads where you live, there are always certain places to speed and NOT speed, occasionally that will back fire, but for the most part you can get away with 95% of your speeding if done smartly
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM

2010 C63
I tried that once way back in my college years -- on a motorcycle. Sure, he was no longer in sight, but ~5 miles down the road was a roadblock of police cars waiting for me. He simply radio'd ahead. That sucked.
You might outrun a Ford, but you can't outrun a Motorola!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
The ticket distribution in Central Florida has just been insane over the past few months. I can recall months going by without seeing someone being pulled over and now even county and city agencies are pulling over dozens of cars at a time on the interstate and expressways. My question is whether the "grace period" has been lowered as well? What is the lowest "over posted" that you have been written up for and I don't mean I was going 15 over and he wrote me for 9.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
@taylorcoleman

how'd it go?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More tickets?