Thoughts: C63 vs CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
I wonder how much of ericpd's 316 post came from this topic
Does it matter which car is better or anything? Can't believe this topic is still going on. Okay congrats ericpd you got your cts-v and we got our c63. We get the picture you love your car as much as we love ours. But honestly, the stuff you're posting...on mbworld...it's like if I went to to the m3 boards and said how good the c63 was. You're looking for something to happen. And I highly doubt that you make commission from GM to keep trying to sell us a cts-v
I don't know. I can just say that most of my posts are over on the W203 board. I started coming here looking to you guys to give up the inside stuff on the C63,... so I'd know what to talking about and what to look for when I walked onto the dealership showroom floor. Then it slowly changed into 'which one should I get',... morphing further into 'please talk me out of the Caddy', then finally into defending myself as to not being either crazy or a selling. Which neither of which I consider myself.

Nah man,... I ain't lookin' for nuttin' to happen. Just chewing da rag on the state of things with our cars and between our cars with other enthusiasts. Nothin' beyond that. Why? What are you lookin' to happen. I mean, what is it that could happen. Not sure I get your Q! But if you're trying to suggest that I registered for the sole purpose of poking between the bones of your collective rib cage with a sharp dagger,.... well nothing could be further from the truth. In addition to scrutinizing my post count,.... check my 'membership date'. Looks like I joined well over a year before you, during a time when most of us had no clue what the W204 would even look like. Hell, I'm closer to my 3rd anniversary than I am to my 2nd. Only 300 posts in 2 plus years, hell if anything, that's confirmation that I don't come with an agenda for trolling,... which is what I'm beginning to feel is the point your comment was trying to establish. If trolling was my mission, I would have amassed thousands of posts by this time,... prolly with a few bans to my name. And as for my post count,... don't know about your screen, but my screen shows 320. Still not a lot compared to some of our more senior members.

Not tryin' to sell anything,... just fellowshipping!

Last edited by ericpd; 11-10-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 PM

cts-v. 10.32@136mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQj-K52DlHA
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Razorecko
I have to admit I always liked the Caddy but somehow the C63 caught me more but with prices tanking I'd say the Caddy looks a hell more attractive...and not to forget the lower costs to maintain and mod
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
cts-v vs C63?

This is a no brainer...a C class is the bottom line for Benz...I wouldnt buy one unless the car was $25k maybe...they are already high 30's at auctions.....it is a freaking rental car...everything about the car is cheap...they are going to be building the C class in Alabama in 2 years...lol........but a CTS is a bargain for under $50k now...better build...more options..and more power...and this is opinion is coming from a guy who drives 65's regularly....65's are the best Benz offers...period...s class or cl class...a 65 is the king---but the cts is the prince

Last edited by retardedmunk; 12-02-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
This is a no brainer...a C class is the bottom line for Benz...I wouldnt buy one unless the car was $25k maybe...they are already high 30's at auctions.....it is a freaking rental car...everything about the car is cheap...they are going to be building the C class in Alabama in 2 years...lol........but a CTS is a bargain for under $50k now...better build...more options..and more power...and this is opinion is coming from a guy who drives 65's regularly....65's are the best Benz offers...period...s class or cl class...a 65 is the king---but the cts is the prince
God there's a lot of testosterone on this thread.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'95 S500 '93 500 SEL
C-Klasse going to be built in Alabama in 2 years time!??! I thought Benz only built there SUV's (except for the G Wagon) and R in 'bama?

Is this ture?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by retardedmunk

That's funny that you mentioned the C Class as a rental car because i just came back from NY and had a CTS as a rental car

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html...uaranteed.html

What a piece of crap...the doors sounded like they were the thickness of a beer can everytime you closed it, and anyone that accepts a Cobalt interior in a "Cadillac" gets what's coming to them...and the exhaust note was reminiscent and heart-pounding as a '88 Bonneville SSE.....

I wonder how much that $50K CTS will be at auction next spring when Budget Rental Car drops it's CTS Fleet on the auction block at the same time...hmmmm

Have fun trading it in next year for a $12k credit
Old 12-02-2009, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
i'm surprised this thread hasn't got moved yet or closed.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 PM

WOW! I missed that one Razor. I think Hennessey has seen the end of his influence. Between the Doctor and W4W, the V is getting stronger and stronger,... and still holding on to it's reliability.

Just tell me Burning Bush, why on earth would someone want to close this thread? For AMG fans like myself, this thread is like waking up to freshly brewed coffee after a deep sleep. Smells so good,... and does wonders for shaking out the cobwebs making straight thinking much easier.

¡Que el mejor coche gana!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Razorecko
on nos thereby irrelevant.

CTS V is a nice ride though and a big step fwd for GM...

-Rob
Old 12-05-2009, 04:41 AM

2005 E55
You'll regret the CTS-V, it's has little in terms of quality and passion. I just bought an ML350 after trading in my SRT8 Jeep. What a difference, the Jeep is Junk! I washed and detailed the ML and took note of each and every detail of the ML and how well built it is. The door seals, the hinges, the quality of the paint, the materials used inside and out, the list goes on and on and makes my pride and passion of ownership what it is...perfect. Buy the AMG and know you have a wickedly fast car with quality and heritage. I know it's a weak comparison but you get the point.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:36 PM

transferred is correct. If that 10 run was with a squirt of nos, then it's a little off to the left. However,... bring your best non-nos C63 and put it up against Caddy's best non-nos V, and the story ends the same way with the V way out in front. And we're just talkin' straight line where the C63 does it's best. Add some bends and twists, and God forbid, a few bends where the road drops out from underneath of you and it's not even a contest,... the V takes it hands down. But wait,... now if you go all the way, say like to DTM specs, the V wouldn't stand a chance. The V's best option in such an environment would be to dail 911 as fast as it can.

Last edited by ericpd; 12-05-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by sy1616
You'll regret the CTS-V, it's has little in terms of quality and passion. I just bought an ML350 after trading in my SRT8 Jeep. What a difference, the Jeep is Junk! I washed and detailed the ML and took note of each and every detail of the ML and how well built it is. The door seals, the hinges, the quality of the paint, the materials used inside and out, the list goes on and on and makes my pride and passion of ownership what it is...perfect. Buy the AMG and know you have a wickedly fast car with quality and heritage. I know it's a weak comparison but you get the point.
Regret isn't a word I've even thought about during my time in the V. And as far as passion, well the V is the bench mark when 'passion' is the only parameter. No other 4 door sedan under 90k generates as much passion as the V,... none gets a louder "WOW" out of you after standing on the long skinny pedal closet to the driveshaft hump. None elicits a louder "DAMN" when going through the twisties at speed with little to no passion killing understeer, but with plenty of passion generating pedal steering (too much and it's called tail happy oversteer, just the right amount and it's called pedal steering). Now the jury is still out in terms of quality,... but what is obvious is the fact that the historical relationship between 'Cadillac' and 'quality' no longer exists. Like you, I went over my V with very discerning eyes the first couple days of ownership. And having the benefit of AMG offerings, I was able to reference objectively the build quality of the V. It's definitely on par with the build quality of the C Class cars. In some areas,... even better.

I have Black Raven, which is pretty much plain metallic black. However, the application is flawless and the texture is as deep as can be expected for such a plain paint option. However, have you seen Caddy's White Diamond Tri-coat paint option? Or their Thunder Gray ChromaFlair option? MB's Metallic Obsidian Black falls somewhere in between Caddy's Raven Black and their Tri-Coat and ChromaFlair paint options. My C32 is Obsidian Black BTW, so I've made the comparison in my driveway.

As far as interior appointment and touch-n-feel,... I gotta give it to the V. We all already know about ride comfort and handling,... don't we? <Close your eyes and imagine hearing Louis Black saying that last sentence.>

Last edited by ericpd; 12-06-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:45 AM

16 C63S
I went through the same drill to include M3s. Came down to the deal, MB took $11K of sticker (this was in August, probably peak if auto industries misery). Cad and BMW couldn't or wouldn't match the numbers. Now I am convinced I made the right choice. Really can't go wrong. If you do go with the CTS, make sure they throw in the free gold chain and white patent leather shoes...
Old 12-06-2009, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Leon Bacon
I went through the same drill to include M3s. Came down to the deal, MB took $11K of sticker (this was in August, probably peak if auto industries misery). Cad and BMW couldn't or wouldn't match the numbers. Now I am convinced I made the right choice. Really can't go wrong. If you do go with the CTS, make sure they throw in the free gold chain and white patent leather shoes...
Why would they give the buyer what he's sure to have already??

Old 12-06-2009, 10:20 AM

...make sure they throw in the free gold chain and white patent leather shoes...
Ah man, it ain't that bad. Honest! Used to be,... but not anymore. But you're right, I bought my V around the same period (April in my case), and MB was doing some serious discounting. I was lucky though,... my dealer sold both MB's and Caddy's off of the same lot. So I just stepped back and let the two Sales Mangers have at it,... the Caddy guy's numbers won out.

Look,... no matter which one of these two cars you walk away with, you're gonna have a fine high performance prestigious coche! One does some stuff better than the other, while the other does other stuff better than the one! Just depends on what stuff you wanna get done!

Last edited by ericpd; 12-06-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 AM

2004 SVT Cobra
Originally Posted by transferred
on nos thereby irrelevant.

CTS V is a nice ride though and a big step fwd for GM...

-Rob
That car that went 10.32 also made several non-N2O runs the same day, with the best pass a 10.81.

Originally Posted by sy1616
You'll regret the CTS-V, it's has little in terms of quality and passion.

Last edited by gnxs; 12-08-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Be sure to watch SPEED CHANNEL tonight @ 9:30 I believe. They're doing the CTS-V Challenge. You hard core Benz Fans might rather see a soap opera though, as MB has no dog in the fight. But for those of you who missed the 'brand *****' bus,... might be an interesting watch. Hope it's done better than all the YouTube vids floating around.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 PM

VW Eos
Looking at new 2009 CTS-V, have sales price question

You paid a little over 58K - did that include the $2600 gas guzzler tax?
Old 01-17-2010, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by drtowind
You paid a little over 58K - did that include the $2600 gas guzzler tax?
It included everything except tax & tags. But those days are over. You aín't gonna find a well equipped or loaded V for less than 64k today! Givie up the Recaro seats and you save around 3.5k.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:19 AM

VW Eos
The current CTS-V program:

Thanks for the reply. They are currently offering either a $6000 cash discount or $1000 off and 0% financing for 72 months.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
It included everything except tax & tags. But those days are over. You aín't gonna find a well equipped or loaded V for less than 64k today! Givie up the Recaro seats and you save around 3.5k.
Gotta have the Recaros though.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:40 AM

Hey Leon,... got any family ties to Catonsville?