Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For. The. Win.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Does our car have some weird rear offset?

I've noticed that no one has the typical 3inch ++ rear lip associated with HRE wheels.

Last edited by arctichaze; 04-15-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Drive4Ever
looks good! but the step lip make the wheels look small
+1

Nice wheels, but I HATE a lip on this car... The HRE MONO's look best!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Thanks man. I'm finishing my 4th set of tires now @ 14.5k miles.

As far as the rims go, the funny thing is they weren't my first choice, either. But I went with dude at HRE's advice and now that I've had them on the car for a bit, I've really grown to love them. Since I put them on, I finished the trim blackout and it really shows them off better. I'll post new pics at some point.

The truth is that my first priority was light weight. And the fact that they have Ti fasteners, drool... ...drool more.

And now they're about to drop the carbons on us. Another 3lbs lighter/wheel? Yer'effing kidding me. I should have waited...
love the wheels!

can u tell me the offsets of ur wheels?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by jtc55
love the wheels!

can u tell me the offsets of ur wheels?
Thanks! I'm not sure, Matt from HRE came and measured everything and did some special offsets to push them out as far as possible. I'll check with Brad at work tomorrow and see if I can't get you an answer...

Originally Posted by -michael-
Can you please answer my question?
Why did you go 255 on the front? (I think you are the only member with this set up)
How does it feel?
Yes.
Because I like wide tires.
Sticky.

Just kidding. I actually wanted to go with 8.5" rims and 245s, but I got pressure from above at work and a less than subtle reminder about employee pricing, so I went with what the bosses, uhm... "recommended" for me.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 04-17-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 AM

2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
Thanks for the answers. I think it is a very agressive set up. Way to go! BTW Wheels look great, very serious and mean. Classy on the outside yet low weight and strength on the inside.
Have you thought of Dymags? I mean, if you have employee pricing, it could have been a really great mod (weight, design and price) Just my thoughts.
You are running special H&R coilovers, right? How do they differ from the regular ones? Is there height adjustment?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM

none
Originally Posted by -michael-
Thanks for the answers. I think it is a very agressive set up. Way to go! BTW Wheels look great, very serious and mean. Classy on the outside yet low weight and strength on the inside.
Have you thought of Dymags? I mean, if you have employee pricing, it could have been a really great mod (weight, design and price) Just my thoughts.
You are running special H&R coilovers, right? How do they differ from the regular ones? Is there height adjustment?
Glad to help out.

Yeah, I'm trying to work a deal for the carbon HREs. We'll see how that goes...

And as far as the H&Rs, they're not really special, per se, they're just an early production item. The first ones we've installed through the shop. There is height adjustment (1.25" F&R), but these were sent with springs that lower it more than I wanted. Apparently I got the Euro springs. I'm trying to get the US version while it's at the body shop.

Also, this is something I didn't know: Springs settle. If it looks perfect right out the door, it won't last. Mine settled almost .75" (again, the euro thing...) and are now a little too low for my tastes. But that's just a simple adjustment away from perfection.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 04-19-2009 at 04:07 PM.