Sponsored by:

Im torn...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
Im torn...

Ive been looking at a C63 for a real long time now, one im looking at is 68k and got dealership down to 63k for it.

Im leasing and the best they can do is 1200/m at zero down 36m lease.

Now I strolled into a BMW dealership just for fun, and here is what i found out.

I equipped an M3 to 63k MSRP...and asked the guy what the best lease price is on that. He told me 900/m...

Thats without even trying to haggle the price down.

What am I to do? This is not a "is a C63 better than an M3" thread. I know the C63 is better an that is the car id rather have...

but I dont know if I can justify a 10k premium over the life of the lease for the same priced C63.

Bottom line is I like the M3, love the C63, but is that worth 10k over the M3?

AHHHH Help me.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Switching from an STi to an auto, are you sure about this one?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
"Love" is a very hard thing to substitute, "like" is challenging, when you like someone you find yourself constantly trying to convince yourself that you made the right choice and you will learn to love her.....but when you love the right girl, it is easy, no contant second guessing yourself and life is just easier. So tough call, but I pefer life to be easier and I like to sleep at night, not second guessing myself all day long.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
It's 4:17am here, you guys wake up early over there in Ontario.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Here's a decent rule-of-thumb that has helped me, "buy what you love, but what you can afford. Affordability won't bring you love".

Here's what I mean:
* if you can afford the C63, and you love it, then get it.
* if you can better afford the M3, but don't love it, don't expect to love it because it's so much more affordable than the C63

Search for one of my earliest posts regarding me being smitten by the M3 financing rates--taking that deal, then 2 months later losing $8K on a trade-in for what I really wanted: the C63.

Then again (for fairness), some people are more attracted to a deal than they are to what they're actually buying. So you may possibly be the type of person who would rather have a terrific financing deal on an M3.

So in conclusion, know which type of person you are and buy accordingly.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Here's a decent rule-of-thumb that has helped me, "buy what you love, but what you can afford. Affordability won't bring you love".

Here's what I mean:
* if you can better afford the M3, but don't love it, don't expect to love it because it's so much more affordable than the C63

Search for one of my earliest posts regarding me being smitten by the M3 financing rates--taking that deal, then 2 months later losing $8K on a trade-in for what I really wanted: the C63.

Then again (for fairness), some people are more attracted to a deal than they are to what they're actually buying. So you may possibly be the type of person who would rather have a terrific financing deal on an M3.

Great advice...good luck on the decision.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman

Here's what I mean:

Holy psycho-analysis, Batman!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Test drive them both and don't forget to rev the engine on the C63.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM

C63
easy decision

If you can afford a C63, you can afford a M3, vice versa.
Cars are bargains here in the U.S., price of cars in China triples the price here in the U.S.

If you like high rev engine/manual, definitely go with M3.
If you like low end torque, and exotic exhaust note, go with C63.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 PM

09 C63 steel grey
Originally Posted by wuyichao
easy decision

If you can afford a C63, you can afford a M3, vice versa.
Cars are bargains here in the U.S., price of cars in China triples the price here in the U.S.

If you like high rev engine/manual, definitely go with M3.
If you like low end torque, and exotic exhaust note, go with C63.
I think it's boiling down to the $10k difference. True most people looking at these cars could afford either, but I don't think$10k is something that can be totally disregarded by shoppers in this price range. (This isn't a Veyron forum).

I agree you need to drive both and decide which car you have to have. Personally a BMW was never a choice for me due to 3 of my friends having had multiple problems with multiple models over 6 years.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
I got stuck in the same situation... I kept on pushing the MB dealership saying that if you don't want my business I will just go get an M3 with their 2.9% APR.

In reality through I was already sold to the C63 due to its low end torque. The M3 does handle like its on rails but my slightly modded evo 9 is still faster than that thing.

Anyways, after 3 hours of bargaining I got the C63 ($67,360 MSRP) Down to 66,800 out the door that's all inclusive of taxes and registration basically over 10% discount. That's with a 5.5% interest. The Car only had 15 Miles.

You just need to find the right dealership and keep on them.

But now 1 week later I regret not getting the Performance Package. I knew I could not work out a deal unless I was buying a car off the lot and they did not have any c63 Performance Package available during that timeand tax and registration was going up in Cali the following day.

Last edited by arctichaze; 04-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by yooker
It's 4:17am here, you guys wake up early over there in Ontario.
I am pretty early everyday....but what are you doing up so early? I have noticed you are online during my early mornings.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 PM

C63
Originally Posted by tyanger
I think it's boiling down to the $10k difference. True most people looking at these cars could afford either, but I don't think$10k is something that can be totally disregarded by shoppers in this price range. (This isn't a Veyron forum).

I agree you need to drive both and decide which car you have to have. Personally a BMW was never a choice for me due to 3 of my friends having had multiple problems with multiple models over 6 years.
believe or not, BMW dealers priced E92 M3s 80k here back in 2007. By the end of 2008, dealers would sell them 6k under msrp, which was around 64k. According to MSRP, fully loaded M3 is more expensive than a fully loaded C63. M3s are cheaper than c63 now due to overstock.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:13 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Anything but an M3. Not a fan.

I completely agree. You are spending a lot of money either way you go and the last thing you want is to be dissatisfied even a little bit. It's not like were talking tires that will wear out in 6k miles and then you just replace them.

I have bought things in the past that I did not love and then hated writting the check every month no matter how great the deal was. On the other hand I was never upset writting a check for something I loved.