doing a comparisson paper on C63 vs M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I seem to recall a post somewhere in which Tasho mentioned he's a student. Could be legit.
thx SebringSilver, i been really busy with work and school and haven't had time to test them....... I was a full time student i took two years off and now getting back. Our assignment for English II was to write a comparison paper, so i thought since there is a lot of attention between these two cars why not. I thought i would get some info from you guys since you own and drive them daily. and for the smart a**'s that commented on my spelling, how bout you speak five languages and use four of them daily and we'll see how good your spelling will be. thx guys
Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
i will stick with mine....get back issues of motor trend or car and driver....magazines will have them...search their website online and you'll find the comparisons....go to the dealerships and ask them "why shuold i buy m3 vs a c63 and vice versa"
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
i will stick with mine....get back issues of motor trend or car and driver....magazines will have them...search their website online and you'll find the comparisons....go to the dealerships and ask them "why shuold i buy m3 vs a c63 and vice versa"
thanks, i printed a copy of the CAR and DRIVER article, you advice is really appreciated.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Do you mind if I ask what school you go to?

But if this is serious... Go to the dealerships baqck to back. Call them in advance and make an appointment, that way they'll know that your serious. When you show up know a good amount of info about each car, if you impress the sales guy (which isnt normally hard) he'll let you drive the hell out of the car cause he's gonna think you're a serious driver and buyer.

Post up the same question on the M3 forum as well, see what they say.

Last edited by W211 BEAST; 04-12-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 K1
YouTube also has lots of comparison videos from various car shows and magazines as well. I test drove the M3 and never test drove the C63. I had the old E46 M3 and the E90/92 M3 just wasn't that much of an improvement IMO. At the time there were no C63's to test drive but was confident I was making the right decision to go with the Mercedes. I knew I had as soon as I drove off the lot and couldn't be happier with my decision. The new M3 was a lame effort at improvement from the previous model IMO.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 AM

09 C63 steel grey
Originally Posted by tasho3
thx SebringSilver, i been really busy with work and school and haven't had time to test them....... I was a full time student i took two years off and now getting back. Our assignment for English II was to write a comparison paper, so i thought since there is a lot of attention between these two cars why not. I thought i would get some info from you guys since you own and drive them daily. and for the smart a**'s that commented on my spelling, how bout you speak five languages and use four of them daily and we'll see how good your spelling will be. thx guys
Take it easy If you're seriously writing a paper in an English class you need to pay attention to your spelling. It's a fact that no one will take you seriously in any of your 5 languages if you cannot use proper spelling and grammar. This post was much better in that respect. Good luck in your class and lighten up. Remember that this is an anonymous internet forum, so you need to take a lot of what you see with a grain of salt.

There are plenty of threads on this forum that deal with the information you're looking for. Use the search function or post specific questions if you don't find what you need beyond the obvious criteria: power, handling, acceleration, braking, price, cost of ownership, reliability, intangibles (prestige, rarity, sound, etc).

Last edited by tyanger; 04-13-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Originally Posted by yooker
I never read The Heart of Darkness in highschool.
Me neither! I'm Brazilian! And I speak english, portuguese and russian (a bit).

But take this advice: if you are going to talk about Foucault view, you should also mention the problem of the subjectivity implicit in the aprisionament logic. That is, using the "subject" from psychanalysis as starting point.

Now, seriously: Top Gear has a great show comparing M3 x C63 and S4. It is humorous and simple, just as the article should be. You'll find it in youtube.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Originally Posted by GBlansten
I'm not buying for a second that the M3 drivers work references to Michel Foucault into their threads.
+1
Old 04-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Almost a Member!

Saab 95
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I seem to recall a post somewhere in which Tasho mentioned he's a student. Could be legit.
SebringSilver, aren't you a student from SFU? Or you just took pix with ur buddy at SFU Parking lot?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by iChiBahN
SebringSilver, aren't you a student from SFU? Or you just took pix with ur buddy at SFU Parking lot?
Case of mistaken identity, I'm afraid. I completed my undergrad studies over 20 years ago.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by iChiBahN
Did it involve an S2000?