Sponsored by:

bad service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
bad service

...So I took mine in for its first A service yesterday and had a horrible exerience. I won't say where because i haven't spoken personally with the service manager and would rather not soil a reputation if this indeed was an isolated incident but here's what happened: I dropped my car off around 2:30 and was told it would be around 2 hrs to get it done since they were pretty busy. I called my buddy to pick me up while they did their thing. I came back what I thought was 30 mins before their posted closing time but the place was a ghost town...no courtesy call to let me know my car was done or to let me know they were closing early and to make arrangement to pick it up. Instead, they just left the keys with the late salesmen on a desk right by the entrance where anybody could have just walked in and walked out with them b/c this salesman "office" was way back in the rear. So im already a little ticked but I wasn't gonna take it out on the salesman b/c it wasn't his deal. I pay for the service and go out to the car. First thing I notice is it has 3.5 miles more than when I dropped it off. Correct me if I'm wrong but an oil change and a looksie at other components does NOT require a post-service test drive and I distinctly remember leaving it in the Comfort shift mode but it was in the Sport mode when I picked up. It's petty, but still WTF? Next I notice two large greasy palm prints on the interior door handle/arm rest. I opened the hood to make sure filler cap was replaced and there's oil drops all over the intake plenum and some on the upper part of the exhaust manifold. I check the service manual to see if they annotated the maintenance like I specifically told them and nothing. I called the manager this morning and told him I was not satisfied and scheduled a personal meeting to discuss tomorrow. How would you guys handle this? I don't want to burn bridges since the next closest servicer is about 100 miles further. What should I expect from the manager if anything. This is my first luxury vehicle and i would have hoped service would be more in line with the cost of this vehicle....
Old 04-16-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
i would screw him! you and your C63 do not deserve to be treated like that... you have every right to tell him off.. well.. the greasy monkey rather who left his prints in your car and took a 3.5mile joy ride..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Assuming you did not prepay for the service you can and should go to a shop that treats you right. If you do not get the service you want then absolutely take it to another place.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
I think so far, you're handling this the right way. Sounds like someone had a little fun in your AMG. Same thing's happened to my ML63. Be respectful, but don't be nice. Be firm and stand your ground.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Go talk to the service manager tomorrow. if he doesn't do you right, talk to the regional manager and so on and so forth. You should have your next service free!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
completely agree... talk with the service manager and tell him the situation. i am sure that they will take care of you. i got bad service once and now everytime i see take any of my cars to service, the service manager always says hello and greets me.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
OK chill out boys, there is a good and a bad way to handle anything. You lossing it will not result in any better treatment, and I would worry about my car the next time. Personaly I would tell him your concerns about the mileage and grease prints and drops. It is not unusal to test a car if they suspect somthing is not right. Im not saying that was the case but it is possible. Let him know it was not exceptable to get a dirty car back. As for the store hours and the keys being left out, you also have reason to be upset. Let him try to resove the issue. If not then write to his boss and so on. At that point another dealer will be your only choice. Just dont go in yelling, but go in disapointed with the service and let him know this is not what you had expected. Good luck!