Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who wants to borrow my SL63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by mugatu22
How does insurance work for this type of trade? Basically on a good-faith agreement, or does personal insurance cover driving another car...what if you get pulled over? What do you tell the cop who sees this ain't your car? LOL
In California, insurance follows the car not the insured as the primary coverage so they should be ok. Unless the temporary driver is excluded off the registered owner's policy.

As for the cop part.... I would say thats up to the officer. If the car is not reported stolen then it could just be a ticket for the infraction committed.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' S550,,,C63!
I can trade! Just get it on a boat!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by 220S
Juicee, I had a loaner the other day and got the same feeling.

So, are you thinking?

After all that you went through lately with your ride, maybe a change is a good thing...

Well it is more affordable I must say , I was not as comfy as I like.

My back and legs are sore , and I was wiggling around. Also getting on the freeway today I was nearly run off the road as the car did not pick up speed quite the same as my 63. LOL,,

I would be better off taking a bus if we wanna talk the economics of owning a Benz.

I am curious what the SL63 owner, is going to say about the seats??? Hopefully the seats in the C63 are better than the C300. Seriously I am in a bit of pain!

I do not like the SL seats either. CLS seats FTMFW
Old 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
I love my SL seats and space. The C63 seems a bit short, my legs get sore and cramped from not being able to stretch out in the C.

The seats in the C63 are way better than the C300 I would say.

The SL also feels more planted on the road then the C does, but its because its lower and a small bit wider.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Vic55
In California, insurance follows the car not the insured as the primary coverage...
Good to know. I thought it was the other way around. I won't be so nervous with someone else driving my cars in the future.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Review?

How did the C63 owner like the Sl 63?

whats the verdict on the C63 for the SL owner, does it feel quicker, or does the MCT feel better. I absolutely loved the SL 63 when I drove it. what do you guys think of eachothers carz?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 PM

09' C63 AMG
Ive never driven one, but the new SL63 must be amazing to drive, and MUST be better than a C63...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 PM

C63 AMG
As far as luxury goes, the SL63 ****s all over the C class, just as a car costing twice as much should. Leather covers everything, the seats are bigger, the navigation/media interface is much easier to use and makes more sense (I still don't understand why we have to choose our Ipod music using the steering wheel buttons and not the knob, and why the display of what song we're playing only shows up on the speedometer and not on the screen). Other things like distronic, keyless go and cooled seats are options that I wish we could've had on our car, but that's not too big of a deal. The fit and finish of the interior is exactly what I've always expected from Mercedes, and getting back into the C reminded me of why it's one of the cheapest Benzes available.

Performance wise, I really didn't take it around too many twisties, but the center of gravity is lower so there is a sense of the car feeling more planted on the road. The SL just feels like more of a sports car. As far as acceleration, the cars are neck and neck. Chris and I did two runs on PCH from about 30 to 100 and my car with the Evosport ECU got a car length or so on him in that timeframe....I was kind of hoping for a little more, but oh well.

As I said to Chris, if I didn't need a four door car with the lifestyle I have then I would be seriously tempted into making the huge step up to the SL. And I chose the C over the E and CLS not to save money but because I thought the design was much cooler and more modern looking, plus in LA they're far less common.

Overall, both cars are phenomenal in their own ways. It was a pleasure to have the SL for a few days, and there are some things about it I envy, but I'm still glad I purchased the C63.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MacGCU
As far as luxury goes, the SL63 ****s all over the C class, just as a car costing twice as much should. Leather covers everything, the seats are bigger, the navigation/media interface is much easier to use and makes more sense (I still don't understand why we have to choose our Ipod music using the steering wheel buttons and not the knob, and why the display of what song we're playing only shows up on the speedometer and not on the screen). Other things like distronic, keyless go and cooled seats are options that I wish we could've had on our car, but that's not too big of a deal. The fit and finish of the interior is exactly what I've always expected from Mercedes, and getting back into the C reminded me of why it's one of the cheapest Benzes available.

Performance wise, I really didn't take it around too many twisties, but the center of gravity is lower so there is a sense of the car feeling more planted on the road. The SL just feels like more of a sports car. As far as acceleration, the cars are neck and neck. Chris and I did two runs on PCH from about 30 to 100 and my car with the Evosport ECU got a car length or so on him in that timeframe....I was kind of hoping for a little more, but oh well.

As I said to Chris, if I didn't need a four door car with the lifestyle I have then I would be seriously tempted into making the huge step up to the SL. And I chose the C over the E and CLS not to save money but because I thought the design was much cooler and more modern looking, plus in LA they're far less common.

Overall, both cars are phenomenal in their own ways. It was a pleasure to have the SL for a few days, and there are some things about it I envy, but I'm still glad I purchased the C63.
Thank You for doing this ,
I really enjoyed the SL 63 as well , I knew it was not a slug like many think and keeping up with you in your car which has the ECU tune is a suprise. All 63's are super close except perhaps the CL and S which have a few hundred more pounds to carry.

I agree the C class luxury wise simply is not up to snuff but hell nobody really buys it for luxury. Obviously with a simple ECU tune boom your moving out faster than a 130k car, not bad.

What do you think of the transmission , to me that made my CLS feel like a pig, the SL just shifts like magic