Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 GOOD or BAD lease... numbers inside - Zero down, $864 a month 48 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I think buying and leasing both have benefits and depends on the what the buyer is looking for. I bought my 04 E55 19kmiles 2 yrs ago for $52, 2 years later I feel the car is worth every penny and will drive the car to its grave.

Now I have leased vehicles from Infiniti also and thats only because I would never buy a Infiniti for $40k. My current 2yr lease on my G35x is going to cost me $12k and it's going back in december. If I would have bought the car it would have cost me $37k and if I owned this car and wanted to sell it after 2 years I don't think I would get $25k for it with the max mileage allowed.

I believe it depends on HOW LONG your going to keep a car. If your going to keep a car for 2-3 years then leasing is a more hassle free way to go because you know the car is going back to the dealership and will not be your concern afterward. If you buy the car and want to sell it after 2 years I think it will be hard to sell it.
Correct, +1. How long should be the determining factor.

For me, leasing would never work unless it was a car meant for just driving for work. Atlanta is a "sprawl" city and anything less than 10K a year allotted would have me paying fees for sure. I recall when I getting my 300M serviced before I sold it, this guy turned a lease in on a truck and ended up owing about $1500 for over the miles.

Also, you can't modify the car with a lease. So, only a car meant from A to B like a Prius or something would work for me. It's all about what you want and how long like you said.

I prefer to buy used, but it's preference.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
I'd like to throw my .02 in.

If you like to get new(new to you) cars frequently leasing is not the way to go. You are pretty much stuck with that term. As the payoff is usually your payments, plus residual. Also, buying new is not the way to go, unless its a Honda.

Right now I am 26 years old, and I have had 42 cars. Averaging about 4 cars per year. The cars vary in cost and prestige. From El Camino, to 911 , to Z06 etc.(I'll spare you the complete details) And I only lost $$$ on one car, as I paid top dollar for it as it was hot at the time(01 M3), and the market crashed back in 01.

Buy niche cars, that are used and in good condition, and you can flip cars as much as you want. Been doing it since I was about 17. 3 years? might as well marry the car Especially never buy a AMG Benz new, unless you plan on keeping it forever. Their depreciation works out well for me though.

Once the SRT-6 sells, I'll drive the CLK55 for a bit more. Then I'll go 911 hunting, I still miss my 99 C2.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
i have leased cars in the past. but now i only buy. bought a new nissan, got an ok deal, paid cash and have 93k miles on it as a daily driver. still looks and runs new. still has the original tires even! all highway miles only money has been fluid changes and a fuel sensor. im planning on driving that in the ground.

wanted something nice for the weekends so.... i saved, put a chunk down and got a NEW C63 for 53 plus 6 percent state tax. payments are 600 per month for 60. i plan on driving this on the weekends only and not driving it hardly at all in Dec, Jan, Feb. i probably wont put 6k miles a year on it so i hope to have it as a nice weekend/dinner car for well past the loan term. after all its an AMG so i think i will be more than happy with it as a saturday night car for a LONG time.

you have to drive them a long time to get your money worth if you are worried about that stuff. i am. some are not. so if flipping is your thing you just have to figure what you feel is an appropriate hit on your money and live with that number if its worth it to you.

if you think you will keep it i would do my best to save and get a loan not a lease.....
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by SolidGranite
Buy a used one for 55k, get a 5 year loan and be done with it.

You will get so much more for your money.
That assumes he wants the car for 60 months. I guarantee the car will be upside down in value at the 36 and 48 month mark so he will be having to pay to dump the car after 36 months. Leasing gets a bad wrap. I would never again buy an AMG car especially the C class version. my C36 flopped in value, my C32 was even worse and the C63 will be no different. In 36 months look for mid to upper 30's for its value. From there in down to the teens!

I dont see a need to spend 1100-1200 a month for the right to own a C63 in 60 months. An 840's lease payment seems Excellent to me. MB will lose money on the deal I bet.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
I agree with much of what eagle lex just said, but let me just add the following:

-> In a good economy (of years past for example), leasing was much more attractive for many ppl, since you could lease a much more expensive car rather than trying to be able to afford to buy one; i.e. the leasing rates (money factors) were much lower than the auto financing rates (auto loan APRs) and terms.

In a recession like we're currently in where interest rates are very low and the auto mfgr's are struggling to makes ends meet, the banks and auto mfgr's are forced to become much more aggressive in order to sell cars. The auto mfgr's have been forced to sell cars at steeper discounts, while the banks are forced to lower auto financing rates to stimulate sales. Right now, it may actually cost less to buy a car than to lease the same car. While the economy is still in the toilet, at least this, in terms of buying a car is all great news for consumers, imho.

-> It is true that if you tend to get bored of your car in 2-3 years, it may be better to lease, and if you tend to drive your car into the ground, then it is better to buy. However, I feel that for those ppl that are somewhere in the middle of these two groups, it all depends on your driving habits, your priorities (e.g. driving your car under warranty, technology preferences, etc.) and again, the economic conditions...which right now, are guiding many ppl like myself (who always used to lease) to BUY!!!!!!

I do a lot of business diving in my car (~ 20k-25k mi./year), but up until my past 2 cars, I have always wanted to move up to something better with the latest technology, faster, sportier, etc. So, I leased my Lexus cars I've driven (2 RX's and 1 older SC Coupe), my Infiniti's (G35 and FX35), and even my BMW 335i (although I did a high mileage, 20k mi./yr., 3-year lease). However, after driving my tuned BMW 335i for almost 3 years (and understanding how the economy has affected the auto leasing/financing programs), I decided I would BUY my next car, whether it was another BMW or something else.

Well, the rest is history, and I know I made the right decision to buy my '09 MB C63 AMG, and the fact that I'm only paying ~ $60 more/month than what I was paying on my BMW 335i lease...well that's the icing on the cake!

Last edited by sflgator; 09-09-2009 at 12:15 PM.