Sponsored by:

IWC AMG Watch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
IWC AMG Watch

Came accross this thought you guys might be interested, kinda cool, and IWC is a sweet watch...

http://www.bernardwatch.com/watch/IWC343
Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Super watch. I bought the chronograph not long ago

Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Bernard can be good to deal with just inquire if the serial numbers are intact. If not IWC and most manufacturers will never service the watch.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
You can find some really good deals on the IWC AMG watch - Try checking out watchnet.com and check frequently for some good deals.

Speaking of IWC... man one day I'll get the Big Pilot.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I've owned IWC for decades. I have a Mark XVI Pilot right now that I bought from IWC (they have a shop now off Rodeo Drive)

NONE of those online dealers with reduced prices are authorized IWC vendors. Their warranty is thru them and not IWC.

It's okay to try and save some $$, but just realize that you won't get IWC repair or service if ever needed. They won't touch them. You'll have to find a good watch repairperson who knows IWC.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 PM

09 C63 11 E350
Originally Posted by 220S
I've owned IWC for decades. I have a Mark XVI Pilot right now that I bought from IWC (they have a shop now off Rodeo Drive)

NONE of those online dealers with reduced prices are authorized IWC vendors. Their warranty is thru them and not IWC.

It's okay to try and save some $$, but just realize that you won't get IWC repair or service if ever needed. They won't touch them. You'll have to find a good watch repairperson who knows IWC.

Absolutely NOT true. Not to mention warranty for most high end swiss watches is ONE YEAR. There are MANY legit on line dealers (Check Timezone and Watchnet) that sell quality watches. That IWC amg chrono lists for around $7100. I bought mine new in the box for $3900-from a well respected dealer on Timezone. You are indeed correct that no factory warranty is honored-but after the first year-you WILL pay for service,even if the watch was bought from an "Authorized Dealer".

As a part-time watchmaker for over 25 years, I am constantly asked by my clients about online dealers-yes, there are plenty of good ones that offer great deals. After the 1 year warranty period IWC doesn't care where you bought the watch from. They'll gladly take $600 or so to service your watch. To each his own, I'll buy grey market and save around %40 off list. I've bought over $50K of watches over the years and never had an issue.

Last edited by Arclight338; 05-13-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Arclight338
Absolutely NOT true. Not to mention warranty for most high end swiss watches is ONE YEAR. There are MANY legit on line dealers (Check Timezone and Watchnet) that sell quality watches. That IWC amg chrono lists for around $7100. I bought mine new in the box for $3900-from a well respected dealer on Timezone. You are indeed correct that no factory warranty is honored-but after the first year-you WILL pay for service,even if the watch was bought from an "Authorized Dealer".

As a part-time watchmaker for over 25 years, I am constantly asked by my clients about online dealers-yes, there are plenty of good ones that offer great deals. After the 1 year warranty period IWC doesn't care where you bought the watch from. They'll gladly take $600 or so to service your watch. To each his own, I'll buy grey market and save around %40 off list. I've bought over $50K of watches over the years and never had an issue.
Read my post. Nothing I said is not true. Watchmaking may be your thing, but reading comprehension is certainly not in your repertoire.

Do you want me to go over it with you?

1) Online dealers are not authorized IWC vendors. You even admitted that yourself. As you said, it's grey market product.

2) The warranty is thru them not IWC. And that is true. Regardless if it's a one year warranty of a million year warranty. You can't get IWC service during that period. And, for your information, IWC doesn't have one year warranties. The minimum is two years. Depending on the watch. If you got a one year on a chrono, then something is amiss.

3) You won't get IWC repair service; IWC won't touch them. The vendor services it (most often thru a contract repair service.) See #2. No problem: find an independent service person, as I said. Or send it to IWC and pay them yourself.

4) It's okay to try and save some $$. Just as I said. Any grey market product will always cost less; Swiss watches, Leica cameras, etc.. They were bought under different currencies and in different markets. Manufacturers like to control pricing and market share; that's understandable if you are a profit making entity.

No where did I say the vendors are not "legit." They fulfill their orders. They have product. I simply said they are not authorized dealers. You know that, and I know that. They are vendors who sell grey market. Just like B+H in NYC (a vendor of audio/visual and photo goods) who happen to sell both grey and domestic (although they are a bit more up front about what's grey.)
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Read my post. Nothing I said is not true. Watchmaking may be your thing, but reading comprehension is certainly not in your repertoire.

1) Online dealers are not authorized IWC vendors. You even admitted that yourself. As you said, it's grey market product.

2) The warranty is thru them not IWC. And that is true. Regardless if it's a one year warranty of a million year warranty. You can't get IWC service during that period. And, for your information, IWC doesn't have one year warranties. The minimum is two years. Depending on the watch. If you got a one year on a chrono, then something is amiss.

3) You won't get IWC repair service; IWC won't touch them. The vendor services it (most often thru a contract repair service.) See #2. No problem: find an independent service person, as I said. Or send it to IWC and pay them yourself.

4) It's okay to try and save some $$. Just as I said. Any grey market product will always cost less; Swiss watches, Leica cameras, etc.. They were bought under different currencies and in different markets. Manufacturers like to control pricing and market share; that's understandable if you are a profit making entity.

No where did I say the vendors are not "legit." They fulfill their orders. They have product. I simply said they are not authorized dealers. You know that, and I know that. They are vendors who sell grey market. Just like B+H in NYC (a vendor of audio/visual and photo goods) who happen to sell both grey and domestic (although they are a bit more up front about what's grey.)
Old 05-14-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0

On point three maybe you should change repair service to warrenty service. As long as the serial numbers are intact IWC will repair the watch out of warrenty at the owners expense, they know how often these change hands in the WIS community.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron Jr
On point three maybe you should change repair service to warrenty service. As long as the serial numbers are intact IWC will repair the watch out of warrenty at the owners expense, they know how often these change hands in the WIS community.
You're right, that's correct. Thanks. I was referencing the warranty service period.

As far as grey market is concerned, if one wants to go that route there are some very good and reputable grey market vendors. And some really, really bad ones.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I'm more pf a Panerai guy, but some of the Ingies are nice
Old 05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
Originally Posted by CPD SLK
I'm more pf a Panerai guy, but some of the Ingies are nice