Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009 | 02:53 AM

Sti, S2k, C63
Question Few questions.

I have found a 08 c63 for around 54000 ish and has 6000 miles. I was told it was driven by mb factory executive... not too sure what that means could that just be fancy mombojumbo for a demo car? They also said the car has not been owned by a private owner yet. I am also confused about the whole LSD thing I have done quite a few searches here but have not really turned up anything. My question is without the pp and lsd won't the car handle terrible making it dangerous in non perfect conditions? Also how can mb produce a car with 450hp with out an lsd as a standard option? I was also told from a different sales person that even without the pp the car still has an lsd but the pp lsd is just stronger, is this true?
Do the MY08's not have parking sensors , keyless drive, or auto fold mirrors?

sorry if these questions are common, but I did do some searching but was unable to dig any answers up.
Old 06-21-2009 | 07:40 AM

BMW X6 XDrive 35d
sorry i cant help you much but 6000 miles and driven by a factory executive and that it hasn't had a private owner is good

about LSD and pp, it depends on how you plan to drive i guess, if you track it and go really fast then you might want the pp. however you'll be sacrificing comfort as the ride is harsher. if you dont care about comfort at all and plan on tracking the car then yeah the pp would be good. and the LSD helps controll wheelspin too so the tires wont burn as quickly

also, without the pp doesnt mean the car is dangerous, especially normal everyday driving, even spirited street driving.......as long as you keep the traction controll on at least

I must warn you though i have never ever driven or been inside a C63 AMG and am just saying what i've learned from all the research ive done on this car
Old 06-21-2009 | 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Very "Good" info, and I appreciate your sharing your knowledge. When I finally find one, I will well informed as a consumer
Old 06-21-2009 | 11:32 AM

Sti, S2k, C63
So the non pp does not have any lsd at all? does that mean the ol one tire fire if the tires break loose? how about the power mirror, the parktronic, and keyless drive?
Old 06-21-2009 | 02:08 PM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Cool LSD

Originally Posted by rm7boy
I have found a 08 c63 for around 54000 ish and has 6000 miles. I was told it was driven by mb factory executive... not too sure what that means could that just be fancy mombojumbo for a demo car? They also said the car has not been owned by a private owner yet. I am also confused about the whole LSD thing I have done quite a few searches here but have not really turned up anything. My question is without the pp and lsd won't the car handle terrible making it dangerous in non perfect conditions? Also how can mb produce a car with 450hp with out an lsd as a standard option? I was also told from a different sales person that even without the pp the car still has an lsd but the pp lsd is just stronger, is this true?
Do the MY08's not have parking sensors , keyless drive, or auto fold mirrors?

sorry if these questions are common, but I did do some searching but was unable to dig any answers up.
First, is it for daily use or track/racing. For daily use there is absolutely no need for an LSD. If, however, you plan on tracking it then I recommend the LSD for better grip. Also, for daily use, the PP is a little to hard and as you can tell, the delimiter is of no use. Now, don't get all crazy guys, I'm just saying for regular daily use there is not much need for the PP. I would get the package with Nav, Comand and so on for daily use.

JUST MY OPINION, please don't get all over me on this one!!!
Old 06-21-2009 | 09:36 PM

Sti, S2k, C63
well I do have a track car, so I doubt I will track it very often, but on the odd occasion. anyone have any input regarding the parktronic, key, and mirrors? also is the price I am getting reasonable?