MHP V3 ECU/CDT FIRST IMPRESSIONS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
MHP V3 ECU/CDT FIRST IMPRESSIONS...

Greetings everyone,

I just recieved an MHP V3 CDT (ECU/TCU) tune about a week ago. My first impressions---OUTSTANDING and HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!!

Customer service and turn around time were great, despite my difficulties getting the ECU to Andy (I was not at the location where my car was).

The car is much more responsive as far as WOT acceleration, and I can tell the TCU shifts a little quicker. For example, while cruising at 30mph, the car takes a 'deep breath', and then starts to accelerate and roar. With the new tune, that 'deep breath' is shortened and the car downshifts and accelerate much harder.

The exhaust sounds a little more aggressive with the tune as well.

I plan on gettting the car dyno'd once I fully break it in with the new tune. The more miles I put on the car with the tune, the better it gets. In the future I hope to add the long tubes.

When I get the dyno results, I'll post them. Before the tune, my car was stock except for the charcoal filters removed.

If your considering an MHP tune, I highly recommend it!

Paul

PS I know there were some issues with MHP being banned on this site. I'm not really sure why, but don't let that influence your decision when considering a MHP tune.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by bustopoo
Greetings everyone,

I just recieved an MHP V3 CDT (ECU/TCU) tune about a week ago. My first impressions---OUTSTANDING and HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!!

Customer service and turn around time were great, despite my difficulties getting the ECU to Andy (I was not at the location where my car was).

The car is much more responsive as far as WOT acceleration, and I can tell the TCU shifts a little quicker. For example, while cruising at 30mph, the car takes a 'deep breath', and then starts to accelerate and roar. With the new tune, that 'deep breath' is shortened and the car downshifts and accelerate much harder.

The exhaust sounds a little more aggressive with the tune as well.

I plan on gettting the car dyno'd once I fully break it in with the new tune. The more miles I put on the car with the tune, the better it gets. In the future I hope to add the long tubes.

When I get the dyno results, I'll post them. Before the tune, my car was stock except for the charcoal filters removed.

If your considering an MHP tune, I highly recommend it!

Paul

PS I know there were some issues with MHP being banned on this site. I'm not really sure why, but don't let that influence your decision when considering a MHP tune.
Another happy MHP customer. Welcome.
Which version of the tune did u get and shift points.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
Impressions on a tune are semi-useless unless their bad....everyone enjoys the 40+hp gain on tap. No offense but your review sounds just like everyone elses who have had kleemann, evosport, mhp, renntech tunes.

We need unbiased dyno data
Old 07-11-2009, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Arctic White AMG C63
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
Impressions on a tune are semi-useless unless their bad....everyone enjoys the 40+hp gain on tap. No offense but your review sounds just like everyone elses who have had kleemann, evosport, mhp, renntech tunes.

We need unbiased dyno data
What???

Wow he's just sharing his opinion on what he bought so others can make the right choice... Get the sand out of your vagina and/or post somewhere else.

And it's "they're" by the way...

Mike
Old 07-11-2009, 02:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335i e90 / C63 / R6
post some numbers when you get the chance and congrats on the new found power.