Sponsored by:

Fellow Canadians Shine In Please..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Fellow Canadians Chime In Please..

As always I trust the answers that I get from fellow owners on this forum rather than some uneducated guess from a dealer representative. With that in mind, could someone please explain to me why it is that Mercedes-Benz charges us for providing Services A & B? From my past experiences with other German manufacturers those services should be covered under Warranty as they are required services by the company itself.

I have heard from many, that companies such as BMW charge the service cost inside the cost of the vehicle itself, but that still doesn't explain why services that are manufacturer required are to be paid for by the customer.

My car is in the shop right now for its service A and of course there is about a $400 charge for the "mechanical inspection of the vehicle" as they refer to it.

Last edited by mrtesting; 07-25-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
I think the trade off is that we get wear and tear warranty to 40K Klm.

During my A Service I complained about squealing from front brakes and streaking wipers. $385 for A service and new rotors and pads up front (updated pads) and wiper blades replaced. Free C300 to drive for 2 days as well.

2 weeks later a CEL popped up for a few days and then disappeared. Made an appointment for the following week.

Dropped off the car, complained about rear brakes squealing on top of the CEL. The gave me a B200 Turbo for the day, free. Call me at 3 pm to say the CEL was caused by faulty purge valve and that the rear rotors and pads were changed to fix the squeal.

I truly think you get what you pay for.

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 07-24-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
My car is also due for its Service A now, and I've scheduled it for Monday morning next week. I must say I'm a bit chuffed at having to pay ~$400 for things that I've gotten for free from Audi and BMW. I guess it's not the end of the world, and like Barry says, we'll get it back in other ways.

On that note, however, I do think it's a surprisingly large price tag they've put on an oil change and fluid top-up. Lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
I think the trade off is that we get wear and tear warranty to 40K Klm.

During my A Service I complained about squealing from front brakes and streaking wipers. $385 for A service and new rotors and pads up front (updated pads) and wiper blades replaced. Free C300 to drive for 2 days as well.

2 weeks later a CEL popped up for a few days and then disappeared. Made an appointment for the following week.

Dropped off the car, complained about rear brakes squealing on top of the CEL. The gave me a B200 Turbo for the day, free. Call me at 3 pm to say the CEL was caused by faulty purge valve and that the rear rotors and pads were changed to fix the squeal.

I truly think you get what you pay for.
I could not agree with you more. I have been complaining about the noisy breaks as well, but every time I am either too busy to leave the car at the shop (living without her has become hard) for them to drive the car around for hundreds of kilometers to replicate the issue, or when I go for a drive with the service gentleman, it's as if I have taken her to the doctor, and she will not make the same sounds.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
My car is also due for its Service A now, and I've scheduled it for Monday morning next week. I must say I'm a bit chuffed at having to pay ~$400 for things that I've gotten for free from Audi and BMW. I guess it's not the end of the world, and like Barry says, we'll get it back in other ways.

On that note, however, I do think it's a surprisingly large price tag they've put on an oil change and fluid top-up. Lol.
I was always warned by a good friend about the downsides of dealing with Mercedes-Benz in terms of service, but the damn car is just too good to be true!

I'll never forget the days that BMW concierge would come pick up the car, leave me an awesome one behind, have the car fixed, bring it back and take their loaner with them. Never did I ever have to worry about dealing with a rude middle man. Sigh...
Old 07-25-2009, 03:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
my friend got his c63 service A done for $351
Old 07-25-2009, 10:24 PM

BMW 545i
Originally Posted by mrtesting
I'll never forget the days that BMW concierge would come pick up the car, leave me an awesome one behind, have the car fixed, bring it back and take their loaner with them. Never did I ever have to worry about dealing with a rude middle man. Sigh...
+1, except for Jaguar. I used to have a 2002 S-Type and that's exactly what they do. But those oil changes were also close to $450 each. And pads and rotors were $2,000 for the front and another $2,000 for the rear. But seeing the expression of your colleagues who drives Mercedes, BMW and Audi that cost more than my V6 S-Type was priceless

And before people start commenting... I had the S-Type for 4 yrs and I had only gone to the dealer for routine maintenance, I had NO, not even one, problem with the car. Can't say the same about the Infiniti G35 Coupe or the BMW 545i that I own.