Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Jeep SRT8, B5 S4
Thumbs down

:p uke::puk e:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by propain
Any of you proud C63 owners have your car setup with a chrome package?

The dealer I purchased my from had it installed. It has chrome in the door handles and around the headlights. Above the door trim and a few other places. I also got it tinted from them as well. It was their showroom car thats why it was done.

Anyone else?
I actually have the chrome trim on a black/black, headlights, tail lights, door handles, and side mirrors. I think it looks great and others have told me it looks nice as well. Goes nice with the car, IMO. Some of these comments are just way off base.

Also IMO, looks better than the whole stealth electrical tape looking blackout trim. Thats about as trendy right now as trucker hats and popped collars.

There's a reason why MB puts chrome and not cheap looking electrical tape wrapping on the badges, grill, etc.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 SL500/2006 Porsche Cayenne S Titanium
After reading through this thread, all I can say is, Are you happy? If so, display your chrome with pride. It's your money, I do agree that it might be a bit over the top but hey, you drive it not anyone else. Enjoy!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Use of the word "douche" once too many.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 AM

1 V10, 2 V8
How much douche can we fit into one forum?

You drive a 2003 CLK55. Why don’t you update your certified pre-owned hand me down with 70K beat to crap miles on it and get back to me when you can afford a new one.

OMG hideous!! Make them all stop laughing....

Oh, i forgot to update my profile. It's been a while. I switched to a 2005 BMW 545i. Sorry but I dont own a 2003 CLK55 amg with 70K miles anymore. Maybe someone else does.

Maybe I am not as wealthy as you are. Maybe I don't want to spend $100K on the car. But you really don't have to say childish and inapproriate things like that. I can go out and buy a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder now. Yes in cash. But will I? No. I have better things to do with my money for now.

Ur being such an obnoxious little crybaby. WTF is ur problem? I'm here to provide you with quality opinions not to give u crap.

BTW, I like the gold C63.

Propain should be BANNED!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I second your comment brabrus, "propain" I think you went a little too far when insulting someones financial status, very very sad.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by leonsiu
chrome headlights and handles? Not on mine. maybe if i had a cadillac with 24" rims and spinners.
LOL Agreed
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Sincity
Use of the word "douche" once too many.

There are so many there isnt enough to go around. That’s about as much of a profanity I will go with on these forums. Believe me, I have plenty of other colorful metaphors to describe most of the trolls on this forum.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Oh, i forgot to update my profile. It's been a while. I switched to a 2005 BMW 545i. Sorry but I dont own a 2003 CLK55 amg with 70K miles anymore. Maybe someone else does.

Maybe I am not as wealthy as you are. Maybe I don't want to spend $100K on the car. But you really don't have to say childish and inapproriate things like that. I can go out and buy a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder now. Yes in cash. But will I? No. I have better things to do with my money for now.

Ur being such an obnoxious little crybaby. WTF is ur problem? I'm here to provide you with quality opinions not to give u crap.

It's just that the chrome is overdoing it. It honestly does not look nice. It's your car, your money, you being laughed at when people's pointing at your car. Not mine.

And I'm a noob? Please check my join date and compare yours.
You got what you deserved. Go cry somewhere else. Maybe on the BMW forum where you belong??

AMG lounge has it right. VIN numbers for access. It would get rid of 90% of these morons.

I just asked if anyone had the chrome. You guys with your blacked out cars with a big chrome grills act like its against the rules.

My 63 is Iridium silver. I thought it had the taillights done but it doesnt, it has the trim on the headlights and door handles. In my opinion it looks good. I didn’t put it on, it came with it. The chrome around the handles im on the fence about but around the headlights it looks good. Its not over the top as most of you clowns are acting like it is. Its subtle and in my opinion looks good.

Never insult another mans car. Words to live by. You can disagree but never insult. You guys insulted and provoked, you got what you deserved. The anonymity of the internet doesn’t give you the right to act like A-holes.

Edit: By the way its chrome, not gold on the C63. But THAT you like. LOL.

Last edited by propain; 08-14-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 AM

2009 C63 AMG

So you dont even have a C63 AMG, yet you are calling for someone who does to be banned after you smeared him and the trim on his car???? See anything wrong with this picture? I'd rather see you banned given you dont even have a MB anymore.

And just an FYI, I could go out and buy a CRN mega yacht and a majority stake in ExxonMobil in cash, but I have better things to do with my cash...........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will I offer any proof, nope. LOL
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Personnaly not a big chrome fan but if you like it that is all that matters. I know many who don't like the CF parts on my car but I could care less because I do like it.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Ron Jr
Personnaly not a big chrome fan but if you like it that is all that matters. I know many who don't like the CF parts on my car but I could care less because I do like it.
I like the CF parts in some areas. The entire hood turns me off. To much of anything is bad in most cases.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
How much for a vinyl roof? I'd be interested in the chrome if the package included the roof.

Kidding...I don't care for the chrome though. It cheapens the car.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by GBlansten
How much for a vinyl roof? I'd be interested in the chrome if the package included the roof.

Kidding...I don't care for the chrome though. It cheapens the car.
I dont know about cheapens. Its all a matter of opinion. The same could be said about CF. Some say it makes it look rice.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I dont know about cheapens. Its all a matter of opinion. The same could be said about CF. Some say it makes it look rice.

It's a polarizing option.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:15 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
ummm...have there even been pics of the OP's car on the thread?

If not, care to post?
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM

2010 c63 AMG
Originally Posted by GBlansten
It's a polarizing option.
Indeed.
If you deviate from the norm, you're gonna get bashed.
But if its your car, w/e go for it do whatever you like.
Chrome out the whole car if you want to.

After all, like you said. Its all opinion.
Chrome cheapens and makes the amg look butt ugly, and thats my opinion.

Take it offensively if you want to, it doesnt matter what i phrase it nicely.
I can say "Not feeling it" or "Its not for everyone... but if you like it" , and maybe you would perceive it as an offensive comment.

Who knows? After all it is YOUR perception.

However, the act of taking it personally and insulting someone else's financial status is definitely crossing the line.

You do realize you're alone with your one and only chrome buddy.
Now before you get bashed even harder by more and more people, you better quiet yourself down.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:37 PM

1 V10, 2 V8
I dont have a C63 and so? Does it mean I cant post in a public forum? Go to the AMG forum and post your chrome. They'll laugh. I didn't insult your car. Did you get the chrome yet? No. I am just offering an opinion.

You know who you are propain? You are like those bullies in elementary school who thinks they are all that. Oh, you live in Long Island right? That's why. LOL

The gold/chrome was relfecting gold. It's a paint job. Do whatever you want. It's your money, your car. It's an opinion.

Ask everyone regarding your chrome trim and see who's the moron. Maybe it will get rid of 99% of people like you. Not me.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:26 PM

2021 Platinum Magno Gray G63AMG, 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante
propain, you do realize that this is a public forum right? You should be ready for the good and bad comments/opinions other forum members have towards "chrome" for your car, if you dislike how we think then why post this thread at all?

Btw I HATE chrome but that's just me
Old 08-14-2009, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Another Chrome package

Last edited by tanktube67; 08-14-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I dont have a C63 and so? Does it mean I cant post in a public forum? Go to the AMG forum and post your chrome. They'll laugh. I didn't insult your car. Did you get the chrome yet? No. I am just offering an opinion.

You know who you are propain? You are like those bullies in elementary school who thinks they are all that. Oh, you live in Long Island right? That's why. LOL

The gold/chrome was relfecting gold. It's a paint job. Do whatever you want. It's your money, your car. It's an opinion.

Ask everyone regarding your chrome trim and see who's the moron. Maybe it will get rid of 99% of people like you. Not me.
To bad you didnt go from the AMG to the BMW forum.

I dont blame ya though, AMG sure is the superior product.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
Originally Posted by tanktube67
Another Chrome package

That's in dubai right? along with the golden C63.. LOL i wonder how the car looks like when you driving it around when it's noon time or sunset.. it'd blind everybody around the car.. ahah
Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
Hey propain, post up a few photos of your car from different angles mate. That way we can all be more informed before forming an opinion on the chrome accessories.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by sjhugh
Hey propain, post up a few photos of your car from different angles mate. That way we can all be more informed before forming an opinion on the chrome accessories.
I have a small thumb on the headlight on one of my posts in this thread. Ill get some better shots.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 PM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
I have a small thumb on the headlight on one of my posts in this thread. Ill get some better shots.

Thanks propain,

I’ve never been a fan of chrome and wouldn’t do it myself but I can’t see what the fuss is all about. That doesn’t look too bad, especially with the Iridium. It’s definitely not worth arguing over. It’s the orange reflector thing on the guard that looks far worse in my opinion. Colour code it and the car should look good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chrome Package