C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lomita
Next up, AMG filter boxes from Germany via Evosport.
Ok...where did this info come from? I haven't heard anything about "AMG" boxes from Germany. Looking at Evosport's catalog, they offer 2 airbox choices: Carbonio and a modified stock one.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63AMG
Originally Posted by REDSRT
Does it matter what he drives??? The guy is talking about TUNES, not specified cars. Plus its in his sig....
So shoulda coulda woulda.....

When someone starts yapping off about all their subject matter expertise (SME) and it is applied to my car, yeah, that is a consideration for me, especially when they are applying a discount to my first hand experience, not what they know, but what they've read or heard....comon now, getta grip.

If I wanted a novel, I wouldn't bought a C63 AMG and an Evosport tune, pulley, and filters. Let's get grounded in reality. The reality is, at least I have clearly stated, I am a butt dyno guy, and as far as my automotive performance measuring stick, yes, that's one of em. And this rant about 91 octane and 93 octane, ok, 2 % difference. Ya think any tune won't appreciate a tank full of 93% octane without additional tuning? Come on now, maybe in your mind.

And the pushing of salespoints to customers. Perhaps that is why I spent some time personally speaking with Evosport and doing likewise reading and speaking with other vendors offering the same choices up to all of us, all of them cost money, some more, some less. In the end, you jump in and get all wet. And I hope the watering hole you find is the one that works for you too.

Just don't take my inventory for granted as just like you amigo, you can't judge a book by its cover, and taking my inventory does nothing for the tune.........
Old 08-19-2009, 01:55 AM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63

When someone starts yapping off about all their subject matter expertise (SME) and it is applied to my car, yeah, that is a consideration for me, especially when they are applying a discount to my first hand experience, not what they know, but what they've read or heard....comon now, getta grip.

If I wanted a novel, I wouldn't bought a C63 AMG and an Evosport tune, pulley, and filters. Let's get grounded in reality. The reality is, at least I have clearly stated, I am a butt dyno guy, and as far as my automotive performance measuring stick, yes, that's one of em. And this rant about 91 octane and 93 octane, ok, 2 % difference. Ya think any tune won't appreciate a tank full of 93% octane without additional tuning? Come on now, maybe in your mind.

And the pushing of salespoints to customers. Perhaps that is why I spent some time personally speaking with Evosport and doing likewise reading and speaking with other vendors offering the same choices up to all of us, all of them cost money, some more, some less. In the end, you jump in and get all wet. And I hope the watering hole you find is the one that works for you too.

Just don't take my inventory for granted as just like you amigo, you can't judge a book by its cover, and taking my inventory does nothing for the tune.........

Okkkkk Mr. MUD relax, u didnt have to write an essay! Didn't even read all that garbage you wrote.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Put your stock in your sources and I will continue to enjoy my Evosport pulley....works for me. There is only me, there is no you.........my name is Mud, enjoy my wine.........oh that's right, jet pilots whine more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSoEXpJCiE

PS, power is freed up by replacing heavier weight crankshaft pulley with lighter Evosport pulley, therefore, throttle response improved.
Yup you enjoy your "Evosport" pulley which im sure gave you those 15-20hp they claim it gives. Believe after i see dyno results of this i would without a doubt pull the trigger on one. Still to see one tho
Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
IYHO, do you even have a C63?
No, sir, I do not. As mentioned by another forum member, my vehicles are in my sig. I am, however, a fan of various MB AMGs, and do enjoy learning from other members' valuable sharing of their first hand experiences - yours included. I suppose my "butt-dyno" comment was a bit of a slight, and for that I apologize - just prefer objective data myself; boggles my mind when people don't bother with it... the dreaded psychological "placebo effect" potentially comes into play.

I'm not sure what "inventory" refers to?

FWIW, I agree with you, I would expect most mailed tunes to adapt just fine to 91 or 93. Consequently, when a CA customer (I forgot who - was it you?) was asking these same questions awhile back, I recall Brad from Evosport saying (paraphrasing) "you're in CA? no brainer, our tune is the only tune specifically developed to run with CA 91 pump" - so, if the Evosport/PC tune's that specialized for CA 91, who's to say that it might not adapt as well as some others to "NJ 93" - all meaningless speculation without objective results to back it up, to be sure.

BTW - Octane is a rating, not a percentage - it's not "a 2% difference" or "93% Octane" - if so, how could you explain race gas? "it's 105% Octane?" this link might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

Old 08-19-2009, 10:03 AM

C63AMG
Octane Rating

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
No, sir, I do not. As mentioned by another forum member, my vehicles are in my sig. I am, however, a fan of various MB AMGs, and do enjoy learning from other members' valuable sharing of their first hand experiences - yours included. I suppose my "butt-dyno" comment was a bit of a slight, and for that I apologize - just prefer objective data myself; boggles my mind when people don't bother with it... the dreaded psychological "placebo effect" potentially comes into play.

I'm not sure what "inventory" refers to?

FWIW, I agree with you, I would expect most mailed tunes to adapt just fine to 91 or 93. Consequently, when a CA customer (I forgot who - was it you?) was asking these same questions awhile back, I recall Brad from Evosport saying (paraphrasing) "you're in CA? no brainer, our tune is the only tune specifically developed to run with CA 91 pump" - so, if the Evosport/PC tune's that specialized for CA 91, who's to say that it might not adapt as well as some others to "NJ 93" - all meaningless speculation without objective results to back it up, to be sure.

BTW - Octane is a rating, not a percentage - it's not "a 2% difference" or "93% Octane" - if so, how could you explain race gas? "it's 105% Octane?" this link might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

What mods on your C32?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 PM

C63AMG
Got Em German Airboxes Today

Originally Posted by Sincity
Ok...where did this info come from? I haven't heard anything about "AMG" boxes from Germany. Looking at Evosport's catalog, they offer 2 airbox choices: Carbonio and a modified stock one.

Shhhh........I got got them today. Oh yeah. Don't tell anyone. Here's a couple of pics......

Gonna install em after we get my boy's C32 out of the driveway. You remember Pulp Fiction, well my boy be telling me, he gotta KETCHUP with some mods........where's dat pesky ECU gone?
Attached Thumbnails Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-c32amg-027.jpg   Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-c32amg-028.jpg   Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-c32amg-026.jpg   Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-c32amg-015.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
What's different about those airboxes?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 PM

C63AMG
Thumbs up Look At The Size of That Extraction

Originally Posted by soldier2304
Yup you enjoy your "Evosport" pulley which im sure gave you those 15-20hp they claim it gives. Believe after i see dyno results of this i would without a doubt pull the trigger on one. Still to see one tho
No friggin wonder, look at the size of the stock molar taken out...guess you'll just have to keep on wondering...........

How do they say, you can lead a horse to water.......

Ya like K&Ns? You'll like the pulley.
Attached Thumbnails Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-c32amg-029.jpg   Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-c32amg-030.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I see the differences in the airbox. The stock ones have the black straps that hold the charcoals and enlarged internal volume. The biggest difference is the intake tube where the MAF is. Stock is partly oval and flat. These are oval. Nice. Are these true AMG pieces or are these the ones that Evosport modify? According to Evosport's catalog, they state they modify the stock one but this doesn't look like a modified fab job. Could it be from another AMG motor? Is there a P/N in the inside of the box?

Stock:

Modified:

Thanks. I have been waiting for a pic of the AMG/Evosport one.
Attached Thumbnails Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-airbox-inside.bmp   Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..-airbox-modified-not.jpg  

Last edited by Sincity; 08-20-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 boxes? What is the P/N on the inside?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Yup you enjoy your "Evosport" pulley which im sure gave you those 15-20hp they claim it gives. Believe after i see dyno results of this i would without a doubt pull the trigger on one. Still waitingto see one tho
I love that one myself

Less rotating mass, okay lets talk mass, Crankshaft, pistons, rods, camshafts, TC, tranny internals, driveshaft, diff, axles, rims, tires, so you save MAYBE 1%. YUP tha should give you 15-20 hp

PLEASE, PLEASE prove me wrong and show me on a chassie dyno, PLEASE

PS: AS far as underdrive pullies, did this awhile back at the drag strip. 14.3 before, swapped and a 14.3 after. But when I left, it started to rain and the battery dis-charged on the way home. Sold them the next day.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Lomita, it was nice talking to you and thanks for the feedback on the pulley.

As I understand it, this pulley is not an underdrive accessory pulley (alternator/compressor) but rather a lightened crankshaft pulley.

Last edited by Sincity; 08-20-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM

C63AMG
Wherever You Go, There You Are........

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
I love that one myself

Less rotating mass, okay lets talk mass, Crankshaft, pistons, rods, camshafts, TC, tranny internals, driveshaft, diff, axles, rims, tires, so you save MAYBE 1%. YUP tha should give you 15-20 hp

PLEASE, PLEASE prove me wrong and show me on a chassie dyno, PLEASE

PS: AS far as underdrive pullies, did this awhile back at the drag strip. 14.3 before, swapped and a 14.3 after. But when I left, it started to rain and the battery dis-charged on the way home. Sold them the next day.
What vehicle, whose pulley, i.e., manufacturer? Got caught in the rain, great timing.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Hey Lomita, it was nice talking to you and thanks for the feedback on the pulley.

As I understand it, this pulley is not an underdrive accessory pulley (alternator/compressor) but rather a lightened crankshaft pulley.
Unless they've revised the design, my understanding is that it's both lighter and slightly smaller (i.e. underdriving all of the accessories in addition to lower rotational mass). IMHO, there's no way you could get the power increase they advertize on the evosport website without both - agree w/ MRAMG1 that these systems typically don't show much increase in power, but people might like them for the faster revving characteristics as well... which is probably hard to show without driving/riding it one with it.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 PM

C63
Kleeman K1 ECU Tune Results

I had the Kleeman K1 ECU tune done about 3 weeks ago with the following results measured today:

Max Power = 420.8 HP
Max Torque = 387.3 ft-lbs
CF:STD Smoothing:5
Fifth gear on a DynoJet
No other performance mods

>EDIT: "Nice numbers, but you got to post the SAE corrected ones."
>Max Power = 412.0 HP
>Max Torque = 379.2 ft-lbs
>CF:SAE Smoothing:5
>Attached graph

He did seven runs in all (there was a problem with the air/fuel sensor on the first few runs). All runs were done to fuel cut off / rev limiter which looks to be 6,800rpm.

During the runs Max Power ranged from 420 to 426HP (STD not SAE). Torque was also in a tight range with the curves virtually on top of one another (heat saturation does not seem to be a problem with this engine - done in 85 degree heat).

When he got the air/fuel sensor working the readings were roughly:

2,000 rpm = high 14's
4,000 rpm = 13's
6,000 rpm = low 11's

No expert here, but I could probably see a performance increase if this was a flat 13 across all RPM's?

Very happy with the tune given my stock numbers were probably around 370 HP and 360 ft-lbs? Given a price tag of $1,500 for the tune, that works out to be about $30/HP.

Will someone please develop a street tire that does not spin when I floor it!

FYI: If you are in San Diego I went to The DynoShop in Santee. Derek took care of me and it was a very plesent experience. He said that if 10 cars were to sign up he would open the shop on a saturday and do dyno runs for $60 per car. He has 5 dynos, 2 of which are the Dynojet's. Otherwise it is $127.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
run7.pdf (20.6 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by kuta01; 08-21-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Update SAE
Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

After talking to Lomita, these boxes appear to be revised units with larger volume and larger intake tube cross-section.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
^^^ Nice numbers, but you got to post the SAE corrected ones.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:59 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe , Range Rover Sport
Shhhh........I got got them today. Oh yeah. Don't tell anyone. Here's a couple of pics......

I don`t want to tell you this but,

It`s no good having all those mods in your trunk.

They have to be fitted to get maximum gain
Old 08-21-2009, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by MUZZIE

Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM

C63AMG
Ya Think

Originally Posted by MUZZIE

Better yet, we moved them into the bedroom, to give em a little more ROOM to breathe...........
Old 08-21-2009, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How come Evosport is not making any announcements of these new intake boxes? With the larger volume and larger intake tube, I can't wait for your impression. I wonder how these compare to the Carbonio and Renntech?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:58 PM

C63AMG
Pick Up The Phone

How come Evosport is not making any announcements of these new intake boxes? With the larger volume and larger intake tube, I can't wait for your impression. I wonder how these compare to the Carbonio and Renntech?
Give em a call, it would be toll free.......

Will post sometime this weekend about the installation, mehbe even by tonight!.............

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Give em a call, it would be toll free.......

Will post sometime this weekend about the installation, mehbe even by tonight!.............

Have a great weekend.
You too!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
IDK where you got your info that a pulley will add major amount of power on our car. From good source i was told that a pulley on the C63 is not worth it and is literally a waste of money for too little power. I have yet to see dyno numbers of pulley gains on our cars.
We have actually dynoed the EVOsport power pulley on a independent dyno and gained 10hp across the board.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feedback from Owners with Kleemann and Evosport Tunes..