Sponsored by:

Please help! Lese vs. Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 500, Infiniti G37, Honda Civic SI
Please help! Lese vs. Buy

Hello! I am a current very happy owner of a SL500 which I truly love. I had the pleasure of test driving the amazing animal you all get to drive on a daily bases and long story short.....I MUST HAVE ONE!

This has to be my new favorite car and I will get one very soon but I do have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate advice:

Should I buy the car and baby the car like I am sure most of you do (I don't think I could stay under the 4k rpms for the first 1000 miles, I would be too tempted to hear that beautiful V8 at the redline every time I leave a stop light) or should I lease the car and drive it as I stole it hence I will turn it in anyways after 3 years.

WIll MB ever find out if the engine was a little...overworked??? Do any of you lease your C63's?? I do not plan on doing any mods to the car aside from tinted windows.

Last questions, I live in Indianapolis and we do get snow in the winter. Any of you drive your 63 with snow? if so, snow tires work? How do you do this??

Thank you all so much for your help. The hardest decision now is going to be the color.

Also, if any of you lease, could you tell me what a good deal is on a ~$62K car/month?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
I lease all my vehicles. I also don't like keeping cars for more than a few years so it's nice just being able to turn it in when I'm done and starting over again. Every time I've turned in my lease all I had to do was hand them my keys.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
And, on the flip side, the MB C63 AMG is one of the few cars I have actually bought. Although I do a lot of business driving (~ 20-25k mi./yr.), I tend to get tired of my car every few years as well, and like to move on to something new and under warranty.

However, in this poor economic environment, leasing isn't what it used to be and the auto financing rates are actually much better (lower) than they used to be. That said, I was able to get 4.7% APR financing (though Bank of America) and I know others on this Forum even secured 3.9% APR financing through PenFed on a new C63 AMG....these are better rates than MBUSA Financial. Basically, it may actually cost more to lease the C63 AMG than to buy the C63 AMG, so do your homework and check all the lease rates (MF's) and auto financing rates you could possibly get.

Granted I was able to get $13k off MSRP (~ $5k below invoice), but the bottom line is that to buy my C63 AMG only costs me ~ $60 more per month than what it cost me to do my high mileage 3-year lease on my '07 BMW 335i. I thought this was a much better deal than leasing the C63 for a few years. I am very happy with my decision to buy this vehicle!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:47 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Your excitement is quite transparent -- typos, a little rambling, rapid-fire Q's. Signs of someone who truly must have this car. So, the good news is that you found the right car for you.

Temper some of that enthusiasm by scrolling through, say, the past 6 months of posts -- don't read every one, just those that have titles of interest to you. This may take about 2 hours depending on how many posts you read.

I will answer your question about snow. Yes, I drive in the snow. I have winter wheels and tires that I purchased through TireRack. Figure about $1,500 - $2,000 for a good set.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Argen500
Hello! I am a current very happy owner of a SL500 which I truly love. I had the pleasure of test driving the amazing animal you all get to drive on a daily bases and long story short.....I MUST HAVE ONE!

This has to be my new favorite car and I will get one very soon but I do have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate advice:

Should I buy the car and baby the car like I am sure most of you do (I don't think I could stay under the 4k rpms for the first 1000 miles, I would be too tempted to hear that beautiful V8 at the redline every time I leave a stop light) or should I lease the car and drive it as I stole it hence I will turn it in anyways after 3 years.

WIll MB ever find out if the engine was a little...overworked??? Do any of you lease your C63's?? I do not plan on doing any mods to the car aside from tinted windows.

Last questions, I live in Indianapolis and we do get snow in the winter. Any of you drive your 63 with snow? if so, snow tires work? How do you do this??

Thank you all so much for your help. The hardest decision now is going to be the color.

Also, if any of you lease, could you tell me what a good deal is on a ~$62K car/month?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12 E63 matte white
Originally Posted by sflgator
And, on the flip side, the MB C63 AMG is one of the few cars I have actually bought. Although I do a lot of business driving (~ 20-25k mi./yr.), I tend to get tired of my car every few years as well, and like to move on to something new and under warranty.

However, in this poor economic environment, leasing isn't what it used to be and the auto financing rates are actually much better (lower) than they used to be. That said, I was able to get 4.7% APR financing (though Bank of America) and I know others on this Forum even secured 3.9% APR financing through PenFed on a new C63 AMG....these are better rates than MBUSA Financial. Basically, it may actually cost more to lease the C63 AMG than to buy the C63 AMG, so do your homework and check all the lease rates (MF's) and auto financing rates you could possibly get.

Granted I was able to get $13k off MSRP (~ $5k below invoice), but the bottom line is that to buy my C63 AMG only costs me ~ $60 more per month than what it cost me to do my high mileage 3-year lease on my '07 BMW 335i. I thought this was a much better deal than leasing the C63 for a few years. I am very happy with my decision to buy this vehicle!
+1 100%. I was in the same boat as you and thanks to your posts
i did the same thing and same discount. Also 1st car bought in many years. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 PM

2009 C63 K1
Bought it, not much difference in payments vs. leasing.