c63 amg
Originally Posted by mthis
I have also raced a auto one But I beat him by a 1/2 car to a car
i guess that tune helps...im stock
Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by c63crazy
i got beat by one and i got a stock c63 we kept doing pulls and he would always get me by a half a car to a car

but reasons why mb is better, it will hold its resale value better

Again...I don't think so!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Oliverk
woah, now a C63 weighs 3400lbs?

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2009/...ons/index.html
Old 09-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
Originally Posted by FormulaZR
have you looked at our economy....American made cars are being purchased for 45k and not even a year later are worth 17k...That is not happening to German cars such as MB and BMW....Chrysler is now owned by Fiat and due to Chrysler going bankrupt, GM is being affected as well.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Ricer math...always has been, always will be. What's to stop the CTS-V guy from putting less than $2k into his car and showing you his tail lights all day long? Not too hard to get ~550-600rwhp out of those cars.

LOL...MB depreciation is sickening! I bought my 03 CL for about the same price as an 04 CTS-V with similiar miles. I know they are a year apart...but the CL was over double MSRP.
LOL.. your not getting 550-600rwhp out of the CTSV with 2K. Its already Supercharged so your talking big time engine work to achive those numbers. The only thing that will keep it cheaper to mod is GM part. Much cheaper to mod, but still not getting those numbers for 2K.

You must be with the other guy who said a tune and a pulley will give the CTSV 700HP.

Not to hard to get 550-600rwhp out of the C63 either and I have a 6K head start. A tune and a Supercharger on the C63 will probably put it somewhere around 620HP+ Love to see someone do it.

$1500 into the C63 nets 520+ HP and puts it right next to if not ahead of the CTSV. Again... Ill take my 6K in savings. A much better name and quality and put $1500 of it into the C63 and be right next to the CTSV with a better product.

Rice math....
Old 09-15-2009, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

GM is bankrupt and you think anything GM is holding its value right now? People cant dump their GM's fast enough right now. Its sending their market down the ****ter.

Get a clue man.

Last edited by propain; 09-15-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Few things.

1. Regardless of whether you think the C63 is at the "bottom of its engine potential", you are comparing it to a blown engine of the same capacity. The blown engine will make more power, mod for mod, any day of the week. If you want to get into modding, it will get ugly for the C63, very quickly.

2. Gm build a damn fine vehicle, and I'm sure you've noticed that MB isn't all that high in quality ratings either.

3. Maybe it used to be the case that nothing said I made it like an MB. Now any schmuck with $400 a month can get into a C-Class. Since non-car people have no idea of the difference between a C300 and a C63, I doubt you are having that "i've made it" impact. A new S63? then I'd agree with your point.

4. Ok, its an old man's car that can put the hurt on a boyracer C63. Whats your point?

5. disagree.

Finally, its commonly recognized that 1/10th is 1 car length.

1. Now tune and supercharge the C63 and start modding both cars.

2. MB has a much better track record than GM. Thats why GM went belly up.

3. and $75 a month can get you into a GM. Your point?

4. Its an old mans can that is fast. At the finish line its still a GM next to a MB. Its like a rice boy beating a Ferrari. Who cares if the ricers wins. The guy in the Ferrari is getting all the *** that night.

5. What do you disagree about? The only difference in looks between a 40K CTS and a V is the little V on the bottom right and side.

Finally.... GM forum ----------------------->
Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by propain
LOL.. your not getting 550-600rwhp out of the CTSV with 2K. Its already Supercharged so your talking big time engine work to achive those numbers. The only thing that will keep it cheaper to mod is GM part. Much cheaper to mod, but still not getting those numbers for 2K.

You must be with the other guy who said a tune and a pulley will give the CTSV 700HP.

Not to hard to get 550-600rwhp out of the C63 either and I have a 6K head start. A tune and a Supercharger on the C63 will probably put it somewhere around 620HP+ Love to see someone do it.

$1500 into the C63 nets 520+ HP and puts it right next to if not ahead of the CTSV. Again... Ill take my 6K in savings. A much better name and quality and put $1500 of it into the C63 and be right next to the CTSV with a better product.

Rice math....
Pulley, tune, headers, exhaust, and cam get you there...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Pulley, tune, headers, exhaust, and cam get you there...
Yup.. $8,000.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-dyno-run.html

No question the CTSV is a beast. As you can see in my sig ive been driving GM for a long time. My 04 CTSV is the only car I have ever sold due to quality.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM

Yes
have you looked at our economy....American made cars are being purchased for 45k and not even a year later are worth 17k...That is not happening to German cars such as MB and BMW....Chrysler is now owned by Fiat and due to Chrysler going bankrupt, GM is being affected as well.
Why is my 03 CL only worth ~$28k now when it had a $125k+ sticker; and an 04 CTS-V is worth ~$22k with a $45k-ish sticker?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:51 PM

Yes
Yup.. $8,000.

No question the CTSV is a beast. As you can see in my sig ive been driving GM for a long time. My 04 CTSV is the only car I have ever sold due to quality.
If you pay $8k for the items I listed you've gone absolutely nuts! A dyno tune is $650, a cam install is $900-1500 (counting the cam), headers plus exhaust is $1500-2000, pulley is $1000...that's $5k assuming you did none of the work...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
If you pay $8k for the items I listed you've gone absolutely nuts! A dyno tune is $650, a cam install is $900-1500 (counting the cam), headers plus exhaust is $1500-2000, pulley is $1000...that's $5k assuming you did none of the work...
Im just going by what someone else said they paid and the results.

If you can show me someone who paid 5K and a dyno sheet ill believe you. Until then im sticking to the facts I have.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM

Yes
Im just going by what someone else said they paid and the results.

If you can show me someone who paid 5K and a dyno sheet ill believe you. Until then im sticking to the facts I have.
Dude...it's just an LSx engine with a factory supercharger vs aftermarket ATI etc. The pulley is the only difference in this equation.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Why is my 03 CL only worth ~$28k now when it had a $125k+ sticker; and an 04 CTS-V is worth ~$22k with a $45k-ish sticker?
The CL is one of the worst MB as far as holding value from what ive seen. Thats crazy though... A 2003 C300 with 70K miles on it will sell for 14K.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
I like some also looked at the new CTS-V but decided on the 63 AMG. My everyday car before the 63 was a 07 CTS-V. It only had the 6.0L 400 hp with a few mods. Stainless Works headers and catback,cold air intake and a HP tune. Was it fun and did it surprise a lot of people? Hell yes. But soon as I sat in the MB and started it up I knew which way I was going. I feel the 63 is much more refined, I'm not cramped in it, I love to drive it and it will run with most anything out there. Is the CTS-V a nice car, sure it is. It just had to many short coming for me compared the the MB. BTW: I played with one the other night and he just ran away from me. He's supercharged, I'm not and I live above 8000ft where the DA is above 10,000ft some days. From the results I've seen on the forum the 63 responds nicely to mods. Looks like it's time for some long tubes,tune and filters.

Mike.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Dude...it's just an LSx engine with a factory supercharger vs aftermarket ATI etc. The pulley is the only difference in this equation.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
LOL.. your not getting 550-600rwhp out of the CTSV with 2K. Its already Supercharged so your talking big time engine work to achive those numbersI guess you haven't seen a C32, SLK32, S55 or E55, etc, etc pulley lately . The only thing that will keep it cheaper to mod is GM part. Much cheaper to mod, but still not getting those numbers for 2K.

Not to hard to get 550-600rwhp out of the C63 either Please show me one my friendand I have a 6K head start. A tune and a Supercharger on the C63 will probably put it somewhere around 620HP+ Hasn't been done yet, WHY you ask, because the compression ratio is too high Love to see someone do it.

Rice math....
I hate to ask, but just how old are you my friend

I love my MB's, ALL OF THEM, but guess what the CTSV is a winner.

Oh well
Old 09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
I hate to ask, but just how old are you my friend

I love my MB's, ALL OF THEM, but guess what the CTSV is a winner.

Oh well
Ahh, its Mr. Smarty pants back for some more.

You figure this out yet "My Friend"

Old 09-15-2009, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The cheapset tune for our car is $1500 from Kleemann. I think MHP headers and tune cost north of $6k?

BTW-any luck in finding Brabus Mono V reps?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by Sincity
The cheapset tune for our car is $1500 from Kleemann. I think MHP headers and tune cost north of $6k?

BTW-any luck in finding Brabus Mono V reps?

Maybe one lead on the Mono V's

...and the tune/headers I was referring to were in regards to the CTS-V. FI LSx dyno tunes are typically $600-700, and good headers are in the $1200 range.

Propain...just because ONE guy spent that much money does not mean everyone has to spend the same. Some people make bad money decisions...doesn't mean that's the only way to get the same result. Pullies for MBs are high; but for instance, Cobra pullies can be had for only a few hundred.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Your own link says 3,648

$180k Sl600s sell for $70k 3 years later.

Its already Supercharged so your talking big time engine work to achive those numbers. The only thing that will keep it cheaper to mod is GM part. Much cheaper to mod, but still not getting those numbers for 2K.

Not to hard to get 550-600rwhp out of the C63 either and I have a 6K head start. A tune and a Supercharger on the C63 will probably put it somewhere around 620HP+

Rice math....
The only ricer math here is your own. The LSA is built for boost. Creating more power is simply a matter of running a smaller pulley. I'm sorry, but 550rwhp out of a supercharged 6.2L is way cheaper and easier than doing it with an N/A V8. Btw, Kleeman supercharger kits run about $15k, and thats for the widely used M113.

GM is bankrupt and you think anything GM is holding its value right now? People cant dump their GM's fast enough right now. Its sending their market down the ****ter.

Get a clue man.
Gm emerged from bankruptcy a while ago. You may be a bit behind.

1. Now tune and supercharge the C63 and start modding both cars.

2. MB has a much better track record than GM. Thats why GM went belly up.

3. and $75 a month can get you into a GM. Your point?

4. Its an old mans can that is fast. At the finish line its still a GM next to a MB. Its like a rice boy beating a Ferrari. Who cares if the ricers wins. The guy in the Ferrari is getting all the *** that night.

5. What do you disagree about? The only difference in looks between a 40K CTS and a V is the little V on the bottom right and side.

Finally.... GM forum ----------------------->
Interesting post.

1. The CTSV comes from the factory with a supercharger, the C63 does not. Henceforth, adding a supercharger to the C63 would be modding. Adding a blower is not like adding a K&N. It takes time, and a hell of a lot of money. Not to mention adding a blower has voided your drivetrain warranty. So that voids that point.

2. Thats not why GM went bankrupt. They sold more cars than any other company for many years. They had a bloated cost structure and bad perception based on cars from the 80s/early 90s. They produce fine car lately.

3. Thats exactly my point. Neither C class mercedes or Cadillacs are any sort of "i've made it" status symbol. Bentley's, rolls royces, etc are more in that range. Even a maserati maybe because they don't make a "cheap" model for "everyman".

4. I believe the whole point of this post was speed an acceleration, was it not? Yes, MB has more prestige than cadillac. It seems like people on this forum are more obsessed with speed and racing then polishing their MB emblems.

Furthermore, I hope you are not so pathetic as to attempt to use a car to attract women. Thats a stupid argument and has no place in this discussion.

A C-Class mercedes is not THAT much nicer than a CTSV. In fact, the CTSV uses far superior interior materials.

5. CTSV differences are wheels, grille, front fascia, side fascia, rear fascia, and possibly hood, as well as interior

C63 differences are hood, front fascia, grille, side fasica, wheels, and rear fascia.

Seems that the differences are about the same.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Maybe one lead on the Mono V's

...and the tune/headers I was referring to were in regards to the CTS-V. FI LSx dyno tunes are typically $600-700, and good headers are in the $1200 range.

Propain...just because ONE guy spent that much money does not mean everyone has to spend the same. Some people make bad money decisions...doesn't mean that's the only way to get the same result. Pullies for MBs are high; but for instance, Cobra pullies can be had for only a few hundred.

I really dont care dude. Honestly I dont. The CTSV is a sweet car with a lot of power. In the end stock for stock its only 2 10ths faster than the C63 for 6K more. 2 10th's to me is not worth 6K and a GM badge.

Ill take that 6K and take the 6K that you would put into the CTSV and I wonder who would come out on top. Honestly I do.

09 C63 with 12K in mods I wonder how much power I could get out of her.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I really dont care dude. Honestly I dont. The CTSV is a sweet car with a lot of power. In the end stock for stock its only 2 10ths faster than the C63 for 6K more. 2 10th's to me is not worth 6K and a GM badge.

Ill take that 6K and take the 6K that you would put into the CTSV and I wonder who would come out on top. Honestly I do.

09 C63 with 12K in mods I wonder how much power I could get out of her.
ricer argument.

You could buy a used 204 C300, and drop a used E55 engine in it, and kick everyone's *** for way less money.

Hell, swap C300 for pinto. Once modifications come into the picture, you can't start arguing about the cost.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Your own link says 3,648

$180k Sl600s sell for $70k 3 years later.

The only ricer math here is your own. The LSA is built for boost. Creating more power is simply a matter of running a smaller pulley. I'm sorry, but 550rwhp out of a supercharged 6.2L is way cheaper and easier than doing it with an N/A V8. Btw, Kleeman supercharger kits run about $15k, and thats for the widely used M113.

Gm emerged from bankruptcy a while ago. You may be a bit behind.

Interesting post.

1. The CTSV comes from the factory with a supercharger, the C63 does not. Henceforth, adding a supercharger to the C63 would be modding. Adding a blower is not like adding a K&N. It takes time, and a hell of a lot of money. Not to mention adding a blower has voided your drivetrain warranty. So that voids that point.

2. Thats not why GM went bankrupt. They sold more cars than any other company for many years. They had a bloated cost structure and bad perception based on cars from the 80s/early 90s. They produce fine car lately.

3. Thats exactly my point. Neither C class mercedes or Cadillacs are any sort of "i've made it" status symbol. Bentley's, rolls royces, etc are more in that range. Even a maserati maybe because they don't make a "cheap" model for "everyman".

4. I believe the whole point of this post was speed an acceleration, was it not? Yes, MB has more prestige than cadillac. It seems like people on this forum are more obsessed with speed and racing then polishing their MB emblems.

Furthermore, I hope you are not so pathetic as to attempt to use a car to attract women. Thats a stupid argument and has no place in this discussion.

A C-Class mercedes is not THAT much nicer than a CTSV. In fact, the CTSV uses far superior interior materials.

5. CTSV differences are wheels, grille, front fascia, side fascia, rear fascia, and possibly hood, as well as interior

C63 differences are hood, front fascia, grille, side fasica, wheels, and rear fascia.

Seems that the differences are about the same.
This argument is tired and old. You are on a MB forum. If you wanna go stroke some GM's your in the wrong place.

The difference in looks I disagree. There is so little visual difference from the CTS to the CTSV you have to get right up on one to see it. Not so with the C63.

Im married with 2 kids. I don’t use cars to attract woman, but I get a HELL of a lot more attention from woman in my MB than I ever did in my Caddy.

Better quality interior? I think your talking out of your ***. I can show you posts on the GM forum from my 04 CTSV. That car pretty much fell apart monthly for the 4 years I owned it.

The reason GM went under was because of its union. That’s why they filed bankruptcy so they could restructure it.

In the end the CTSV is a nice car. Its also very fast. 2 10ths faster than the C63 for 6K more. Ill take the C63 and the shiny MB emblem and put $1500 into it and be just as fast as the CTSV with a better product.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
ricer argument.

You could buy a used 204 C300, and drop a used E55 engine in it, and kick everyone's *** for way less money.

Hell, swap C300 for pinto. Once modifications come into the picture, you can't start arguing about the cost.
Are you kidding? With these cars its all about cost. Most bang for the buck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got beaten by a cts-v 2009.