Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MACHC5
Mthis,

What are you going to do with all that power when your done?

Jim
rebuild the trans.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS430
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I haven't seen any dyno or track results from the Evosport car after the latest mods.... however, they did post a couple of videos racing a modified Audi S4 and although the Audi barely won, the C63 seemed like it was pulling very hard....

He also ran a 5 psi Gintani SC E90 M3(The 5psi made 505rwhp on dynojet) and it pulled on the M3 by 2 cars (M3 spun 1st and 2nd on that run), the race got ran again and the M3 pull 2 cars the other time. It's awesome that a bolton C63 held it's ground and even got a chance to win against a E90 Supercharged. I don't want to thread jack Mthis's thread but if anything this video can clearly show how nasty a well done up C63 can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7YOJJNY25U

Last edited by E55AMGFan; 09-17-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by E55AMGFan
He also ran a 5 psi Gintani SC E90 M3(The 5psi made 505rwhp on dynojet) and it pulled on the M3 by 2 cars (M3 spun 1st and 2nd on that run), the race got ran again and the M3 pull 2 cars the other time. It's awesome that a bolton C63 held it's ground and even got a chance to win against a E90 Supercharged. I don't want to thread jack Mthis's thread but if anything this video can clearly show how nasty a well done up C63 can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7YOJJNY25U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOq7kV1pZY

is that the same m3 or diff one?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
I wonder if there is more than one set of these being made? I heard of another car getting these as well, and I thought these were going to be the only set made??????
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by benscott01
I wonder if there is more than one set of these being made? I heard of another car getting these as well, and I thought these were going to be the only set made??????
from what I know he will only have this made by order. That order is not for me But hopefully in the future I will have it's twin
Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribing
Old 09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
I haven't seen any dyno or track results from the Evosport car after the latest mods.... however, they did post a couple of videos racing a modified Audi S4 and although the Audi barely won, the C63 seemed like it was pulling very hard....
+1

To my knowledge, evo hasn't posted any track or dyno results with their shop C63 in it's current state, despite repeated requests here from folks wanting to see how well she'd do. A shame, since the vids of the car have "470 rwhp" in the car's description, so the data must already exist, right?

Anyway, mthis, congrats - look forward to your track results with the LT's, and what the race heads/cams add once you have 'em.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 PM

none
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
+1

To my knowledge, evo hasn't posted any track or dyno results with their shop C63 in it's current state, despite repeated requests here from folks wanting to see how well she'd do. A shame, since the vids of the car have "470 rwhp" in the car's description, so the data must already exist, right?
Yeah, about those two races: They were both the same day, same cars. I was spinning on the first video run, and he was spinning on the second video run. His car definitely seemed to be pulling harder than mine, though and I wouldn't be surprised if he won an ideal run for both of us. But he also has no rear seats, aftermarket wheels, uhm.. A SUPERCHARGER, and his car is a couple hundred pounds lighter.

And as far as dyno numbers go, you guys have to wait until we get a few things wrapped up with the car (wheels/tires/final tune, etc.). And then you have to ask Simon or Brad about it because I'm sworn to secrecy under pain of retail pricing retribution...

I can say the recent numbers I've seen for my car are higher than anything posted here yet. Though I am sorry for the obfuscation.

Josh
Old 09-18-2009, 02:51 AM

none
Yeah, I'd check the video again: He definitely got the jump on me because I spun the tires, but at around 20 sec you see my car pulls ahead by about a half a car until he backed off. I always thought the winner is the person that's ahead when you hit the brakes, no?

(And I need better rubber! Just waiting on the 315s now...)

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 09-18-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
What width tyres are you running on the back?? With the power that the brabus makes i sometimes find it hard to make traction with only 265s! if you get close to 500rwhp you will be lighting those tyres up at every stop light unless you have 285s on rear I am guessing
Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 AM

none
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
What width tyres are you running on the back?? With the power that the brabus makes i sometimes find it hard to make traction with only 265s! if you get close to 500rwhp you will be lighting those tyres up at every stop light unless you have 285s on rear I am guessing
Yeah, last Sunday I had the bald-*** Pirelli 265s in back. The days and videos of asskickery all had the the T1-R 285s. Go figure.

Also - MTHIS, totally not trying to jack your thread, your car rocks and I cant wait to see those heads and cams! There was some Kleeman (I think) vaporware/rumorware floating around for a while, so it's nice to see someone actually putting their money where their mouth is.

This is my favorite of your videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMewXy6rNiA&NR=1

Best. C63. Burnout. Video. EVAR.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 09-18-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Yeah, last Sunday I had the bald-*** Pirelli 265s in back. The days and videos of asskickery all had the the T1-R 285s. Go figure.

Also - MTHIS, totally not trying to jack your thread, your car rocks and I cant wait to see those heads and cams! There was some Kleeman (I think) vaporware/rumorware floating around for a while, so it's nice to see someone actually putting their money where their mouth is.

This is my favorite of your videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMewXy6rNiA&NR=1

Best. C63. Burnout. Video. EVAR.

Josh

its all good, thats why we all here to share info. the k3-k6 pack from kleemann looks to be on the works sounds good cant wait for some of the kleemann guys to get there hands on them and see what they do.

btw that vid is my fav, that day i did does vids i was not even tring to do that it just happened so i flowed with it and it came out good. thks

edit: did you ever get to race a z06 or a gtr. i saw the vid of u and the 911 and z06 but it seemed they got a jump. did you ever run them where it was fare?

Last edited by mthis; 09-18-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:20 AM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Originally Posted by mthis
from what I know he will only have this made by order. That order is not for me But hopefully in the future I will have it's twin

Ok, that make sense. I was under that impression also. One set at a time. So maybe that set is going to the guy I was talking to. Hope you get some soon also, they look SWEEEEETTTTT......
Old 09-18-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
And as far as dyno numbers go, you guys have to wait until we get a few things wrapped up with the car (wheels/tires/final tune, etc.). And then you have to ask Simon or Brad about it because I'm sworn to secrecy under pain of retail pricing retribution...

I can say the recent numbers I've seen for my car are higher than anything posted here yet. Though I am sorry for the obfuscation.

Josh
No worries, Josh - your rolling street race vids show some of the potential, but I wish evosport had been willing to share the dyno results of your car. Just seems, IDK, kind of odd. Since you mention "final tune" as one of the items that needs to be wrapped up, it makes sense to have that worked out prior to sharing a dyno chart - didn't realize the PC tune still wasn't finalized.

Retail pricing retribution... classic.

mthis - sorry for the jack, keep us posted on your latest round of mods.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:38 PM

none
edit: did you ever get to race a z06 or a gtr. i saw the vid of u and the 911 and z06 but it seemed they got a jump. did you ever run them where it was fare?
Actually the run with the 996TT and Z06 was pretty much indicative of how that day went. Those are two really fcüking fast cars. Jump or not they both pulled on me solidly. But then again... Family Sedan vs. All Out Sports Cars. That being taken into consideration I'm ok with how things went. LoL. I've messed with a couple GTRs on the highway and they definitely got to see some of my taillights (Surprisingly I always get the thumbs up when they finally catch up), but from a dig or even the 35-45 mph we usually start at, I'd be scared of one. That damn launch control and 4wd just tear it up.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
No worries, Josh - your rolling street race vids show some of the potential, but I wish evosport had been willing to share the dyno results of your car. Just seems, IDK, kind of odd. Since you mention "final tune" as one of the items that needs to be wrapped up, it makes sense to have that worked out prior to sharing a dyno chart - didn't realize the PC tune still wasn't finalized.

Retail pricing retribution... classic.
Waitaminit here, before I go getting myself in trouble (again) I have to clarify one thing: The standard tune is set and solid. We're just tidying up things with the tune for the headers. It's incredibly solid right now, but I believe Jeremy thinks he can pull a few more HP from it which is why I said that. Also, I think the guys want to show my car as a finished package with the numbers and all, so we're just waiting on HRE and Vorsteiner for the last parts.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 09-18-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Actually the run with the 996TT and Z06 was pretty much indicative of how that day went. Those are two really fcüking fast cars. Jump or not they both pulled on me solidly. But then again... Family Sedan vs. All Out Sports Cars. That being taken into consideration I'm ok with how things went. LoL. I've messed with a couple GTRs on the highway and they definitely got to see some of my taillights (Surprisingly I always get the thumbs up when they finally catch up), but from a dig or even the 35-45 mph we usually start at, I'd be scared of one. That damn launch control and 4wd just tear it up.

Waitaminit here, before I go getting myself in trouble (again) I have to clarify one thing: The standard tune is set and solid. We're just tidying up things with the tune for the headers. It's incredibly solid right now, but I believe Jeremy thinks he can pull a few more HP from it which is why I said that. Also, I think the guys want to show my car as a finished package with the numbers and all, so we're just waiting on HRE and Vorsteiner for the last parts.

Josh
It'd be nice to have an evosport car join us at a private track event and see what numbers it could achieve. Then have Powerchip live tune it on the track since in a private event, you could make many runs without wait.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 PM

none
It'd be nice to have an evosport car join us at a private track event and see what numbers it could achieve. Then have Powerchip live tune it on the track since in a private event, you could make many runs without wait.
OMG, I'd love to! Keep me in the loop when your next event is. I should have my wheels in the next couple weeks, so I'd love to see what she could do with some real stick!

Thanks,

Josh
Old 09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Out Of Control!

OMG, I'd love to! Keep me in the loop when your next event is. I should have my wheels in the next couple weeks, so I'd love to see what she could do with some real stick!

Thanks,

Josh
What kind HRE wheels are you getting? Don't you already have a set as shown on your sig?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM

none
Originally Posted by JamE55
What kind HRE wheels are you getting? Don't you already have a set as shown on your sig?
I'm sticking with my Comp97s. They're just putting a bigger outer lip in the back and changing the front offset a little.

Josh
Old 09-18-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Josh,
Do you think you can reach the high 10's with your new set up in good weather? Your car is a monster!! PLEASE post pics of the new rear fenders when you get them completed. Wish Evosport would make a wide body kit for these cars. CONGRATS!!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:49 PM

none
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Josh,
Do you think you can reach the high 10's with your new set up in good weather? Your car is a monster!! PLEASE post pics of the new rear fenders when you get them completed. Wish Evosport would make a wide body kit for these cars. CONGRATS!!
Jeez, a 10 sec NA C63? I'd have to pinch myself if it happened. I think you and I are probably pretty close considering the mods we've got on our cars. I'm definitely going to take her to the strip when she's done, but I suspect low to (more likely) mid 11s is where I'm at. I'm not the best driver, either. I just wait for the third honk and mash it. That's about where my drag race skill ends. Feathering and finesse are not part of my catalog yet. Put me in the hills and it's a different story altogether, but on the straights I push the right pedal down and try to go straight (Thank you limited slip!)

Josh
Old 09-19-2009, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Thanks,

Josh
I'm aiming to get a date in mid November and another in mid January at Famoso Raceway as we did last year. A small rental can only be up to 10 cars while a big rental can be up to 80 cars. I will post information and more details probably within the next 3 weeks or so
Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 AM

none
I'm aiming to get a date in mid November and another in mid January at Famoso Raceway as we did last year. A small rental can only be up to 10 cars while a big rental can be up to 80 cars. I will post information and more details probably within the next 3 weeks or so
Please definitely keep me in the loop! Big or small I'm in.

Josh
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 AM

none
rebuild the trans.
LMAO. Don't know how I missed this until now!

Josh