Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one smell Burning.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, SLK, F150
Burning smell? What are you smoking? Really though, I had the same thing as you and all the rest. Its "seems" to be normal smell esp on new cars once all the heat transfer of the parts break in, like rubber mounts to make the muffler not rigide to the car, if you notice they are weded to the pipes and spacered into the body via rubber mounts. Also as one said the coatings and so on. I smell mine a lot ofter hard driving maybe I should deal that up to the fact that my tires read about 140's F in front and 160's F in rear, and a lot of black marks in the driveway backing into the garage
Be safe
Old 09-19-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG / B8 A4
the only time my car has this burn smell is when I am in M mode and drive it somewhat hard or keep the revs high. Driving in C and S mode, there is no smell. I think it's completely normal.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Z99

c63 amg
Originally Posted by EuroB6
the only time my car has this burn smell is when I am in M mode and drive it somewhat hard or keep the revs high. Driving in C and S mode, there is no smell. I think it's completely normal.
Same here. Only time I get smell is in M mode. In S mode no smell no matter how hard I push it.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
I also have the burning smell after driving hard in the M mode, has been there since have had the car, asked SA about it and they checked it out and did not find any leaks. I believe there have been past threads on this issue and if I recall correctly, most owners had this issue with the C63, no on reported any problems from the smell.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Originally Posted by dmyrick
actually i was able to remove my air filters. All i'm doing is sharing my experience with the op. Why don't you share your experience with the op about your C63, and stay on topic.
Ok, now I'm gonna share my experiences:

I experienced third-person shame reading Mkoney and DMRick posts...

I experienced laughter at Sebring's "wallet" post.

I experienced a bad deja-vu reading Oliverk posts, since he always strives to make something polemic or offer a free unwanted lecture on something.

I experienced curiosity at OliverKs post "nothing burns at this temp"... Some stuff do... eggs... hands... iphones...

See? Mbworld forum is a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences... I don't even need to drive my Benz...

Last edited by mzporto; 09-24-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by pmknapp
Burning smell? What are you smoking? Really though, I had the same thing as you and all the rest. Its "seems" to be normal smell esp on new cars once all the heat transfer of the parts break in, like rubber mounts to make the muffler not rigide to the car, if you notice they are weded to the pipes and spacered into the body via rubber mounts. Also as one said the coatings and so on. I smell mine a lot ofter hard driving maybe I should deal that up to the fact that my tires read about 140's F in front and 160's F in rear, and a lot of black marks in the driveway backing into the garage
Be safe

Exactly, the only good post in this whole thread.

Its heat transfer to new parts and stuff breaking in, specifically the exhaust, burning off any residue in the cats, mufflers etc.