Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Good luck and safe journey on your exercises
Thanks much. Jay just hand delivered the first set of camber arms EVER for a W211 or a W219. Working with these fabricators to come up with new solutions is what it is about. again, first EVER. Nobody has ever had them or anything like them.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4matic Sport, CBR 954
Originally Posted by jangy
I don't deny modding the crap out of my car. I also don't get your fund comment, since I actually pay way more to mod and E55 than I ever would a P car setup for track use. As you said, I am making it a street car. I love the performance along with the comfort and not having to be as involved as I would in a real race car.

Is the impliction here that you should only mod track dedicated cars? I'm confused on what you two are trying to say.

You obviously don't know me if you think I got the E55 for the Merc status. Some of us are over that part. This is my 9th Merc in almost as many years. I am loyal to the brand and have been since I was a kid.

Again, lets keep in mind that we are in a thread about performance parts for the C63. I hope those arguing that Mercs suck aren't C63 drivers but just enthusiasts like myself.
Well in your earlier post you stated,

"I would love to take a few years and race a 997 GT2 all over the world. But, that isn't my reality. What I can do is buy a car that I thoroughly enjoy driving and get my itch scratched."

I gathered from this that you would be doing this but aren’t due to possibly funds or maybe responsibilities/commitments you may have; I don’t know you personality but that’s what I gathered from that quote and hey If I could I would be doing the same thing. Again I agree I don’t know you but you do have to agree with me that some if not many do get merks for the status, now weather they admit that or not is another story and no I'm not pointing a finger at you, just stating a fact. As for the modding I’m glad we both agree that you mod the crap out of your car but the real point I think both of us were saying is that the car you own, the E55 AMG was originally ment/build as a luxury car, can/could it be modded to other platforms, of course it can but the amount of money you admitted that your spending on this "luxury car" could of been better spent on a more race/designed type of car and would of probably gave you more "bang" for your buck and would still get that "itch" scratched. Again as I always say “to each his own”, I was merely just stating an observation and my two cents on the matter. LOL your right it seems were getting a tad bit off topic so I hope we can both agree to disagree.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CrAZyVeGAsBoY
LOL your right it seems were getting a tad bit off topic so I hope we can both agree to disagree.
I'm with ya bro. I'm not even sure we are disagreeing anymore...
Old 10-17-2009, 12:33 AM

c63
i installed the srtut bar 2 weeks aga, and i hear a crack when im fully stopped and turn all the way, any1 know anything about this?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by akreidie1
i installed the srtut bar 2 weeks aga, and i hear a crack when im fully stopped and turn all the way, any1 know anything about this?

really? havent heard anything about that, you might want to check the install and see if everything is bolted down properly.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:50 AM

c63
Yea, installed really good, made sure I bolted it as far as it goes, I'm not sure why it does the sound? I heard one of the glk guys had a similair prob
Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
So, I'm the fool for getting a solid one?
Old 10-17-2009, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by jangy
So, I'm the fool for getting a solid one?
This is the first ive heard of this problem and dont u think ur being a bit pre mature?

Last edited by CrAZyVeGAsBoY; 10-17-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by akreidie1
Yea, installed really good, made sure I bolted it as far as it goes, I'm not sure why it does the sound? I heard one of the glk guys had a similair prob
Hi Akreidie,

We haven't had any problems with our strut brace from any of our customers yet. This is the first we've heard of any problems, but we're willing to work with you to find out if this is indeed caused by the brace. Have you tried uninstalling the brace and inspecting the brace and mounts? If there appears to be no sign of problems, I would recommend reinstalling the brace and making sure everything is installed properly.

As far as a glk having any problems, we haven't sold any to any Glk owners yet. If you have heard of this problem on a Glk, it must be of a different brand.

I just want to let everone know that we stand 100% behind our product so please don't hesitate to contact us with any concerns, problems, or questions.

Thanks and Best regards,

Yuta @ SMERC Engineering
Old 10-17-2009, 10:55 AM

c63
I'll reinstall it see how it goes, maybe the GL then, it might have not been your product, could there be any harm on putting a strut brace?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CrAZyVeGAsBoY
This is the first ive heard of this problem and dont u think ur being a bit pre mature?
I am not even blaming the strut. I said it because everyone here was quick to dive on me for wanting strength.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM

BMW E92 M3, C63 AMG (Soon)
Did anyone ever figure out if a rear strut brace is helpful?

Thanks!