C63 19 wheeals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
C63 19 wheeals

Hi..
I have a 2008/2008 c63, here in brasil they only have with the 18" wheeals, a want to get those 19", is there any problem in changing one from the other ? Som one told me that when the C63 cokes with the 18" they have a diferente suspention config that makes the 19" impossible to use .. is that right ?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
No problem with 19s. Just be on the lookout for imperfect roads.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
Daniel,

Também tenho uma C63 aqui no Brasil com 18's. Não existe nenhum problema em trocar as rodas. A suspensão é a mesma para todas as configurações de roda.

Se você está em São Paulo, provavelmente voce consegue encomendar as rodas 19 com uma boa concessionária, como a Itatiaia ou a Comark. Se elas não tiverem, sem dúvda, uma loja como a Colonial terá (ou você poderá importar). Se você já nao tivesse a sua AMG, você poderia encomendar na itatiaia já com as rodas 19. Voce podia inclusive pedir acabamento em Fibra de Carbono.

Acho que você deve considerar, porém, antes de tudo, as dificuldades de ter um 19' em nossas ruas. As rodas de aro maior deixam o veículo muito mais duro - cada buraco parece uma cratera - e aumentam muito o risco de furar o pneu. As rodas de aro 19 também não são recomendadas se você quiser ir para a pista, pois, ao contrário do que se imagina, elas diminuem a estabilidade do carro. Existe uma thread sobre isto aqui: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-18-19-a.html

----

Daniel,

I have a C63 in Brazil also. There's no problem whatsoever about the 19's and the suspension. They are exactely the same for both kind of wheels.

If you live in Sao Paulo, you could ask for your 19's at a good dealer, like Comark or Itatiaia. If not, you could also do it by an independent wheel importer, like Colonial. If you did not own your AMG, you could ask at Itatiaia so it would come with the 19's. You could also ask for Carbon Fiber trim.

Before that, although, I believe you should consider the hidrances of having 19's here in São Paulo. Bigger wheels will make make the ride much stiffer and will increase the chances of getting a flat tire. 19 spoke are not recommended for the track either, because, at the contrary that it is imagined, they'll make the ride more unstable. Follow the thread mentioned above for details.