Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

550 HP ECU TUNE???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '09 C63
BTW. did anyone find a way to get the MKB tune down here to SoCal?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by C63Lion
i was just about to post that. yeah i did the calculations and got 543 or whatever. Strange.. either way im glad i found something that could help some of you guys. to me, im on the fence. MKB may have better numbers, but from what that one guy (sorry "that one guy") their customer service isn't as good, whereas kleeman and renntech can fix a problem in no time. but then again MKB is cooler since they are a 100% german tuner, whereas renntech, brabus, and kleeman have become more of "status" oriented. like i said im on the fence, so i can still go either way (no homo) depending on further info.
LMAO I cried for a minute or two after reading this
Old 10-20-2009, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
I wonder how much the 581hp stage II runs. My guess is 7000$...
Old 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Their communication office is so freakin slow. I used to call and leave 2 or 3 messages and never get a call back. Sometimes I got a call back after a week or two. My e-mails were never answered, only my phone calls.

I was going to buy Dad's MKB headers for my car, but changed my mind because of customer service. If I needed help or if I needed to re-flash my car after a dealer flashed it, I would probably not get my call returned for weeks. In fact, last message I left them was in June and still no response

I think they sell so many units in Europe that the U.S. branch is just mainly marginalized.

Its kinda Ironic that yesterday late morning EST, I was able to contact MKB Danniel Bird( lucky?) in WA... but since then I have left him a message along with calling him back a couple of times today but NA... I guess you were right
Old 10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by dlbello
Its kinda Ironic that yesterday late morning EST, I was able to contact MKB Danniel Bird( lucky?) in WA... but since then I have left him a message along with calling him back a couple of times today but NA... I guess you were right
Same experience here. Emails and Vmails go unanswered. Tried again yesterday with no response.

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 10-20-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Same experience her. Emails and Vmails go unanswered. Tried again yesterday with no response.
Daniel is a very nice guy, but it is very hard to get hold of him.... at least most of the times that I've tried.

This makes MKB a dangerous choice in the U.S. because if something does go wrong or if you require custom tuning or would like to change your setup for any reason, it may take you a long while to get things squared away.

By the way, the MKB price for headers + tune = $16,000 without installation (they may be running a discount though for a couple of grand off). Also, I don't think they are 100% German anymore..... they were bought by an Italian company back in 2003 I believe.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say..... MKB is a great tuning company. They are very knowledgeable, very big (outside of the U.S.), and their tunes are very strong. I am just saying that here in the U.S., their presence is a little weak and their customer response is lacking a bit.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Appears to make Kleeman an easy choice, considering the significant $$$ saved.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Z99

c63 amg
The way I look at is, a K2 will cost around 5K at the end (after install / ship cost, car rental), if Not more... with less HP and TQ,,, and you're adding a non OEM Exhaust, which concerns me (warranty issues??) down the line.

Does anyone have HP TQ #'s from a Kleenmann K2?

I believe I was told K1 tune 505-510HP 480TQ

K2.... 535HP 495TQ ???? Anyone?
I did K1 with BMC filters first. Went from 368 to 419. Switched to K2 and registered 445. With K2 the entire HP and torque curves shifted upwards.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Daniel is a very nice guy, but it is very hard to get hold of him.... at least most of the times that I've tried.

This makes MKB a dangerous choice in the U.S. because if something does go wrong or if you require custom tuning or would like to change your setup for any reason, it may take you a long while to get things squared away.

By the way, the MKB price for headers + tune = $16,000 without installation (they may be running a discount though for a couple of grand off). Also, I don't think they are 100% German anymore..... they were bought by an Italian company back in 2003 I believe.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say..... MKB is a great tuning company. They are very knowledgeable, very big (outside of the U.S.), and their tunes are very strong. I am just saying that here in the U.S., their presence is a little weak and their customer response is lacking a bit.
So nearly 5.5K for tune and I need to triple that to get the extra 31hp?
This is very hard to swallow, I will contact MKB in Germany, they are right next door.