Sponsored by:

Reflectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '09 C63
Question Reflectors

I wanted to ask for some advise about the reflectors. I want to change them fo sho and I was 100% set on the painted ones (my car is black so obviously painted black) BUT i noticed that they are not just reflectors, they have a small light in them (my car is 2009 i dont know about any other MY). So should I still go painted or should I get clear ones, so the light goes through? If I got painted then you can probably see the light around the edges up close, which is not that a big a problem but still.. But then clear doesn't look AS cool as black. Anything is cooler than ugly ORANGE!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 4matic
I have painted ones and light shows up at the edge since the reflectors don't sit 100% flush to the bumper.. Planning to cover them up with high temp electrical tape when I have time..
Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Originally Posted by C63Lion
I wanted to ask for some advise about the reflectors. I want to change them fo sho and I was 100% set on the painted ones (my car is black so obviously painted black) BUT i noticed that they are not just reflectors, they have a small light in them (my car is 2009 i dont know about any other MY). So should I still go painted or should I get clear ones, so the light goes through? If I got painted then you can probably see the light around the edges up close, which is not that a big a problem but still.. But then clear doesn't look AS cool as black. Anything is cooler than ugly ORANGE!
This is just a matter of choice as whether to go with clear or painted. I really like the painted look for the cleaner Euro look and recently went that way.

I've left the bulbs in and fuctional. The entire painted reflector glows orange at night. (I don't know if this is the case with all colors.) I like that way it looks with the lights on. This answer may be different defending on the color of the car, but it works for me and my Arctic White beast. Again, a matter of choice as many folks seem to try cover or tie up the bulbs to hide the light.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Can you guys justify paying $150 for a pair of painted reflectors?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by avengerboater
Can you guys justify paying $150 for a pair of painted reflectors?
I would say yes. I'm about to order a pair in black, it really makes a difference, from the pictures I've seen here.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Or you can paint it yourself for <30 bucks and 1-2 hours of time on a Sunday including flash time with some spray cans and sand paper.