Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The SILVER DRAGON !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Thanks for the updates despite the circumstances. Out of curiosity what tires are you running right now? You seemed to hook really well. Can't wait to see the new HREs on.

Also can't wait to see the new CF parts by Vorsteiner. Even if they don't show up on your car at SEMA, will the parts still make their debut there?

Lastly, is your car done as far as power mods go? Anything else in the works?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Originally Posted by nrgy
Thanks for the updates despite the circumstances. Out of curiosity what tires are you running right now? You seemed to hook really well. Can't wait to see the new HREs on.

Also can't wait to see the new CF parts by Vorsteiner. Even if they don't show up on your car at SEMA, will the parts still make their debut there?

Lastly, is your car done as far as power mods go? Anything else in the works?
I just put on new Bridgestones a few weeks ago so they're still pretty fresh and sticky (relatively low burnout count). I forget the exact model, Potenza something-somethings. They're great for the money.

The CF stuff looks great. Or at least I expect it to: I saw the bucks and they were stunning. Very unique, but I don't want to spoil their surprise, so that's all I'll say. And I have no idea if Vorsteiner will be showing them on other cars at SEMA. I was promised the first set for letting them use my car, but this is the auto industry, so assume what you will.

More power? I like the idea, but I also like that my motor is 100% stock internally. I like Dads C63's build a lot, but I don't think Andy's ported heads are in my future. A set of lumpy cams might be nice, though... Forced induction would be the only way left for me to get any real gains. But where, when, and how? Vadim tried the supercharged thing to no avail, the Brabus twin turbo setup won't fit, no one's working on a Vortech setup as far as I know, and nitrous is just kinda ricey, y'know? So, where does that leave me?

Originally Posted by rage2
Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Ya, I wasn't sure what speed you were going at. I have a HPF Stg 2 M3 as well as a C63, and you're right, at low speeds it takes a little to spool up. But once she gets going, it's a whole different ballgame.
Dude, nice garage! I'd like to have a boosted bimmer coupe in my stable someday. I love 3'ers.

And thank you very much for your condolences, guys. She was a remarkable woman, but she was 95 and very frail, and we knew it was coming so the blow wasn't too sudden.

Josh
Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I wanna play too!

BTW...What's up Josh? Car is looking and sounding AMAZING!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
CF from Vorsteiner I cant wait!!! is't Lip,Hood,Diffuser, Rear Spoiler or all of the above?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
Good footage Josh. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma man, my condolences. Hope your recovering from your illness. Have you talked with anyone about that meet we were talking about possibly setting up in our area? I've thrown it out there to a few people. I'll start gatthering some more heads and see what we can conspire lol. Can't wait to see the new wheels and the CF goodies. Thanks for sharing the clips.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
Condolences!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
CONGRATS Josh!! Great runs!! Car runs great also!!

Keep representing the MB group well!!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've either pulled, ran even, or very close to:

Stock CTS-V, Stock E55, HPF Stage 2 on pump fuel, AA Stage 2 on Meth, Stage 3 S4 on Meth, Modded M5, Stock M5, Stock C63, Tuned C63, 440whp 335I, etc.

Josh's Silver Dragon C63 and Murtaza's lightly modded M6, were both faster than all of the above, in some cases quite a bit faster.