C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

i need new set of tires for my c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63, 2011 GT500
and about the drag race.i got 13.5 on nittos invo they were so sticky.in the high elevation 6000ft...i have the k1 tune so i think its 12.5 in sea level
Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by silverlb
Can you tell us more on your experience with the Invos? I am planning on trying these. Were they with considerable wear? Rain, snow, ice? I am assuming maybe this is why...
i highly recommend them for grip.they last me 6000miles and abuse use like 10 burnouts and they are good in rain but snow i dunno because when it slipped on me in the black ice the thread was gone nothing left.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 PM

C63
Ok, so mainly the slipping is due to the lack of thread, right? Can you comment on ride comfort and noise level? Sorry if am hijacking...

BTW, I am dying to try General Exclaim UHP... this might be a good cheap alternative will research on the thread wear.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:27 PM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Ok, so mainly the slipping is due to the lack of thread, right? Can you comment on ride comfort and noise level? Sorry if am hijacking...

BTW, I am dying to try General Exclaim UHP... this might be a good cheap alternative will research on the thread wear.
yes,they are quiet and comfortable...believe me you won't regret them...if you are an aggressive driver, like me , then they will wear fast.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 AM

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas.

I've heard nothing but good reviews. I just got some for my 335i. They're great. Just google search them. They're extremely affordable, but they don't skimp on performance. Really, all the reviews are unanimously positive. I couldn't be happier with them.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:38 AM

No, you shouldn't be. They are the worst tires on the market. You get what you pay for. The sidewalls are made of twinkies. They're like sponges. Absolutely terrible. Yeah, they're comfortable, but when you turn there's always a delayed response from steering input to actual rotation, like a rubberband. I was throroughly disspointed with mine. Traction is minimal at best too. It makes drifting easy, but at the same time that cancels out the "high" treadwear rating of 380. I got 12k out of my last set, but I drive very aggressively (oversteer is the norm when nobody's around).

Do NOT buy General Exclaim UHPs. Bottom line. You will regret them. Plus, the tread pattern looks terrible, like an all-season tire. The side walls leave a good 1/8" of wheel exposed; terrible protection. They're just all around ****ty tires.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by alqamzi
yes,they are quiet and comfortable...believe me you won't regret them...if you are an aggressive driver, like me , then they will wear fast.
What are you talking about? You must not have a great deal of experience with a wide range of tires. Gen Exclaim UHPs are the worst of the worst, as I've already said. Yeah, they ride nice, but who buys a UHP tire for comfort? Not me. They wear fast regardless of the tread wear rating. You'll get a good 20k out of them if you drive like a grandma. But, knowing the C63 (parents have one), you'll be spinning and burning rubber all day long with all that torque.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
Originally Posted by E92ftw
What are you talking about? You must not have a great deal of experience with a wide range of tires. Gen Exclaim UHPs are the worst of the worst, as I've already said. Yeah, they ride nice, but who buys a UHP tire for comfort? Not me. They wear fast regardless of the tread wear rating. You'll get a good 20k out of them if you drive like a grandma. But, knowing the C63 (parents have one), you'll be spinning and burning rubber all day long with all that torque.
am taiking about nittos invos.lol i don't even know whats the gen exclaims uhps...
Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 PM

Radio Flyer Big Flyer fully loaded with training wheels and NOS
Originally Posted by Merc63
How are they bad tires because they are done in 2k miles???

They have a low tread wear rating. Which gives better grip of the road.

Get something with a 300treadwear, they will last much longer, but you will lose performance. They wont grip the road as good as a lower tread wear rating tire.

I have Nexen N3000's on now. They are cheap and 340 tread wear. But they spin like im on ice in first and second gear under full throttle.
I agree. They last forever but will spin through 1st and 2nd under full throttle. However, i have found that after a little bit of aggressive driving and a few burnouts, they heat up nicely and can get pretty sticky.