Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63

Hi guys, well some very interesting news and developments from our crushing situation last week from not being able to compete in the Forum Wars TV show.

We were invited last minute to take part in the Eurotuner GP, this is a yearly event that encompasses three events over 3 days. Dyno, Drag, Road Course.

The stage is set at our shop where we host the dyno portion every year, our car lays down a mild 408rwhp with the GT PRO/Asura stage 1 tune, and GT PRO Double XX pipes. Now we have to tackle the wheel/tire situation, we have to scramble and get the wheels over to the mfg. to get re-sealed (because the rim halves were leaking), however the silicone needs 24hrs to dry, so we hit the dyno on stock wheels/tires. We also have to drive up to Buttonwillow track and do the drags on stock wheels and CRAP stock Pirelli tires.

The Drags, launching the car is like driving on ice, changing tire pressures, launch techniques, we keep chipping our way down, to quicker E/T's. We finally succumb to turning ESP to the Sport position to get the car out of the hole, however the car is SLOW out of the hole, and the 2 bumps in the lane turned the ESP on and slowed the car down at that point which def. showed in the E/T and MPH.

That evening, my guys (Rick and Sam) drove the ADV1 wheels up to me, and we installed them in the parking lot of the restaurant we ate at at about 9pm, and got ready for the next day.

The road course, at Buttonwillow, we were running 13 clockwise, and we were ready with our mindset. We were lucky to have datalogging in the car via our 2 dataloggers ( the GT PRO C63 data streamer, and GPS data acquisition system), Rob set up the GPS and armed with this knowledge it allowed us to understand what we were doing. We needed to make some changes "on the fly", Asura and Billy, went at setting up these minor changes, and in the process inadvertently developed a new suspension item from the front of the car (we will release info soon, but it made ALL the difference in the world). The footwork items we got from MB Arts worked flawlessly. now, mind you, we were on stock brake pads, stock brake fluid, stock shocks/springs. How did we do?? You will have to wait until Eurotuner Magazine releases the final results, bt let's just say, we are VERY pleased.

I have to thank Asura and our driver Billy Johnson for the outstanding day, and Billy's last lap showboat was a sight to see!! he did a full on HIGH speed sideways counter locked drift with MAJOR tire smoke ALL the way through Riverside (this is the high speed right hand bank), it really capped off a fantastic couple of days for the team!!.

Major thanks to:
Billy
Asura
Rob
Hadrian (MHT/ADV1)
Jordan (ADV1)
Jay (MB Arts)
Terry (Conti)
Javid, Christian at the crew from 034 Motorsports) for lending us a few things
Rob (from Robispec) for lending us a few tools
Evolution motorwerks for lending us some oddball tools we needed
Greg, Sam, Elliot (Eurotuner Magazine)
And of course my whole team at GT PRO.

Now what does this all mean??? Well, we are now embarking on a quest to REALLY get serious about C63 development, so keep your eyes on us, we are going to be testing a lot of stuff, and taking a lot of trips to the race track to further prove our parts. Stay tuned.

Oh, did I mention that we were the ONLY Naturally Aspirated car there?? The Porsche Cayman TPC/Turbo was turbo driven by a very experienced Rolex series driver, and the 2 M3's were both supercharged. There was seriously some stiff competition there.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few pics would be nice huh?
Attached Thumbnails Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63-1118091428a.jpg   Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63-1118091102a.jpg   Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63-1119091130.jpg   Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63-1119091128.jpg  
Old 11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Sounds like you did a great job...
Old 11-20-2009, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Asura=Singh tune (per the response I got back from Asura).
Old 11-20-2009, 07:55 PM

C63 AMG
Why not go the same route as the other guys and try to come up with an FI solution for our cars?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Boost Gomez
Why not go the same route as the other guys and try to come up with an FI solution for our cars?
We have discussed this even before we purchased the car. Interesting in theory, and completely do-able on our side, however is there a REAL market for it? that is yet to be seen. Next year will hold something very different for the MB World community in terms of what we bring to the event, trust me.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Sincity
Asura=Singh tune (per the response I got back from Asura).
I am still looking for someone who can give me exact mapping data, and not a "blind" tune. I come from being able to have software and 3D mapping at my fingertips, so it is hard for me to swallow when I ask someone for XYZ timing curve with XXX type parameters, and their response is that "it's too much trouble", or "why do you want that?" I'm still searching..for the magic
Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
We have discussed this even before we purchased the car. Interesting in theory, and completely do-able on our side, however is there a REAL market for it? that is yet to be seen. Next year will hold something very different for the MB World community in terms of what we bring to the event, trust me.
Yes, I believe there is a market! I for one would be very interested in a low boost application as long as the design is proven to be reliable, and the install looked clean and oem like. If gains of anywhere between 75-100hp could be achieved with low boost, that would be satisfactory imo.

Perhaps we should start a poll to see how many out there are truley interested in F/I for the C63 and 63 in general? I believe the M3 superchargers range anywhere from $9k - $12k for the basic setups.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:50 PM

2009 c63
FI

I also would be down for a realiable FI kit for the c63
Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Glad you like the way the parts perform for you
Old 11-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have looked at the FI route, and we do believe we can pull it off a few different ways. We built a W210 E55 single turbo that we ran at 3.5psi of boost, that was a rocketship! I am 10000% confident we can build a very nice high quality OEM looking FI system for the C63.

Jay, the MB Art parts were awesome, thank you.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 AM

c63
More pics of the wheels please!!!
What tires did you run?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by BreitlingDLR
More pics of the wheels please!!!
What tires did you run?
I will post up some more pics in the morning when I get back to the office, as far as tires, right now I have them wrapped in 245-35-19 and 265-30-19 Conti Sport Contact 3, the wheels are ADV1 5 3 piece matte center with gloass black lip 19 X 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rear.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Billy Johnson is an otherworldly driver - I'm sure you smoked the competition!! I'd be interested to hear Billy's impressions of the C63 on the track.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
You should have let ROBI drive the car on the road course.!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 AM

GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
Congrats on getting 4th place with such short notice for the event.

That Audi seems like an all out racecar with it's 908 whp, so I think you guys should have been at least in third place. Time to see what the C63 does in Forum Wars.

Last edited by GLK4MATIC; 01-16-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by nrgy
Yes, I believe there is a market! I for one would be very interested in a low boost application as long as the design is proven to be reliable, and the install looked clean and oem like. If gains of anywhere between 75-100hp could be achieved with low boost, that would be satisfactory imo.
I'd be down for that.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:25 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy

Perhaps we should start a poll to see how many out there are truley interested in F/I for the C63 and 63 in general? I believe the M3 superchargers range anywhere from $9k - $12k for the basic setups.

+100
Old 01-16-2010, 11:28 PM

M5, C63, 335Ci
While it will make more power, I think FI will ruin the character of this car and engine. A C63 making 600+ NA HP would be preferable to an FI one making 700 IMHO.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by GLK4MATIC
Congrats on getting 4th place with such short notice for the event.

That Audi seems like an all out racecar with it's 908 whp, so I think you guys should have been at least in third place. Time to see what the C63 does in Forum Wars.
Thank you very much everyone. We were tossed a curve ball in this event, as we were not supposed to compete, it was a last minute (LITERALLY), a simple "hey pull the C63 around to the dyno, we're putting you in the competition".LOL, wow.. uhh ok,, I guess we're in ??

My hat goes off to all the competitors, as they all did a great job. and 034 Motorsports? They deserved to win, that car has YEARS of development and refinement, it would have been a travesty if they did not win.

BTW: for information sake, our car had minimal mods:

GT PRO "Double XX pipe"
Asura Design software stage 1
MB Arts front strut brace and rear control arms
GT PRO Data-PRO datalogger (for car data)
Race Technologies datalogger (for track GPS data)
ADV1 wheels and Conti tires

We are very pleased with what we were able to pull off with ZERO notice of prep time (well about 10mins to drive the car on to the dyno LOL). Thanks again to my friends Billy Johnson, Asura Design and Rob Burch for helping us run the car. Just goes to show, it takes more than just horsepower... Brain power, data logs and experience is part of the vital equation. Next Eurotuner GP we will come prepared, we'll see what happens then.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
What were the results for all the cars and all the challenges?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by kindafast
What were the results for all the cars and all the challenges?
Our C63 results: out of 9 competitors

5th for dyno power at 414rwhp
5th for 1/4 mile at 12.75 (damp and major traction issues)
3rd for open track event

Overall 4th place. Not too bad considering we had ZERO prep time.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 PM

C63 AMG
Our C63 results: out of 9 competitors

5th for dyno power at 414rwhp
5th for 1/4 mile at 12.75 (damp and major traction issues)
3rd for open track event

Overall 4th place. Not too bad considering we had ZERO prep time.

Very nice!!! Looking forward to see what products you guys have coming over the horizon. If they perform and are reasonably priced, I'm signing up!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:30 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Congrats! this sounds very interested cant wait for the mag!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
The Porsche Cayman TPC/Turbo was turbo driven by a very experienced Rolex series driver
Who was the Rolex driver ? Gene Sigal? I know he's been heavily involved with Porsche track cars/events in the past year....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back from the Eurotuner GP competition with the C63