Sponsored by:

early xmas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 991s, 2015 macan turbo, 2018 c63s
early xmas

Just got a new addition to the family on Thursday. Can't give much of a review yet because I just got the winter tires on today. So far from what I can tell is the AMG is a absolute beast. It handles way better than I thought it would. The torque is unreal. I got the winter tires tirerack
recommended. The gap between the brakes and the balancing weight is like 2 mm, its tight. I love it so far.
I will try to get some better pics once I get some tint and get rid of the reflectors
Attached Thumbnails early xmas-imag0124a.jpg   early xmas-imag0126a.jpg   early xmas-imag0129a.jpg   early xmas-imag0131a.jpg   early xmas-imag0134a.jpg  

Old 12-13-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
Cool Congratulations! tips for C63 beast usage and show-offing

Yean those brakes act as some kind of hypnotic device for innocent by standers.

People start to check out your car and once they get to the front brakes they kinda freeze. They start to realize that something is up with your car.

Then they usually notice the 6.3 on the front fenders and their pupil start to dilate. If you look closely you can see it. Then they usually look at you with the " are you kidding me" look.

BTW reving the engine always gets you some tums up when car guys stare at your car. They usually think that you have a monster tricked out exhaust.

Be aware that when you're in the car with the windows up it doesn't sound so loud because the car is so well put together with high level of sound insulation. But from the outside even a part throtle acceleration is something to behold.

Heck I rev my car a few times inside my garage just to hear it crackle better. Dont worry I open the door afterwards.

FYI reving the engine in park max RPM is 4000. nice sound for sure.

If you want to peaccock to the max, for example passing by in front of a bike (harley) gattering

1- just put the car in neutral and give it some gas while you're still rolling at a slow pace.

2- WARNING: no rpm limiter when you rev the engine in neutral (at least when you're still rolling).

3- Be sure there is no young kids or todlers in the vincinity as this procedure might damage their hearing and make them cry!!! for real.

4- give it some major league gas. The rpm goes to 7000 in an instant then you think this is major league loud. But wait there's more... when the rpm goes down a quarter of a second latter that's when you ear some kind of bomb detonation / 100 year old tree breaking in two / artillerie sound. that's the back fire.

Don't worry you didn't break anything except the ego of loud pipes harley owners.

Like they say: If you bought it, use it.

Just my two cents, welcome to the club budy. and merry xmas.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:40 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Now race your wife!

You would be supprised how much you can beat the m3
Old 12-13-2009, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by c63canada

People start to check out your car and once they get to the front brakes they kinda freeze. They start to realize that something is up with your car.

Then they usually notice the 6.3 on the front fenders and their pupil start to dilate. If you look closely you can see it. Then they usually look at you with the " are you kidding me" look.

BTW reving the engine always gets you some tums up when car guys stare at your car. They usually think that you have a monster tricked out exhaust.

Be aware that when you're in the car with the windows up it doesn't sound so loud because the car is so well put together with high level of sound insulation. But from the outside even a part throtle acceleration is something to behold.

Heck I rev my car a few times inside my garage just to hear it crackle better. Dont worry I open the door afterwards.

If you want to peaccock to the max, for example passing by in front of a bike (harley) gattering

1- just put the car in neutral and give it some gas while you're still rolling at a slow pace.

2- WARNING: no rpm limiter when you rev the engine in neutral (at least when you're still rolling).

3- Be sure there is no young kids or todlers in the vincinity as this procedure might damage their hearing and make them cry!!! for real.

4- give it some major league gas. The rpm goes to 7000 in an instant then you think this is major league loud. But wait there's more... when the rpm goes down a quarter of a second latter that's when you ear some kind of bomb detonation / 100 year old tree breaking in two / artillerie sound. that's the back fire.

Don't worry you didn't break anything except the ego of loud pipes harley owners.

lol thats the best thing I've ever read
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204

Also!!!!

If you didnt know sometimes you can trick the computer when in park

revving it to the limiter

and then quickly give it another shot of gas

suddenly its like OMFG

the RPM ALMOST HITS OVER 9000
Old 12-13-2009, 01:52 AM

C63 AMG
Enjoy ur Christmas gift, but i cant understand y u need a M3 plus C63?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by patboyy
Enjoy ur Christmas gift, but i cant understand y u need a M3 plus C63?

Don't need just wanted

Trending Topics

Old 12-13-2009, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Great post!

Originally Posted by lebreeze
Don't need just wanted
I wish I could do the same.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Looks good congrats, lets get a comparo. You have to have a favorite.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Hey lebreeze, great lineup of cars, now you can depict the plus and minuses of both cars....Paul (C63canada) excellent tribute to the monsters, got to hook up sometime in Ottawa or Montreal, book your tickets yet for the Formula One return for next year?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by lebreeze
Don't need just wanted
Great quote!! Haha.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM

c63 amg
Talking C 63 grand prix get together in Montreal june 2010?

Originally Posted by 1st amg
Hey lebreeze, great lineup of cars, now you can depict the plus and minuses of both cars....Paul (C63canada) excellent tribute to the monsters, got to hook up sometime in Ottawa or Montreal, book your tickets yet for the Formula One return for next year?
Actually I wasn't thinking about it, but what a great idea.

If you can believe it, I have never been to a F1 race even though the track is 15 minutes from my house.

You can actually drive on the circuit most of the time during the year.

there is a 20mph speed limit though.

Actually, I just had an idea. if we get a enough C63 guys to come to the F1 in Montreal, from canada and north east USA, we could have or actually make our own C63 parade in Montreal. Then we could book a group resevation at a restaurant and eat together. I'm sure we would have a lot to talk about.

Hey why not?

The ferrari guys do it every year at the grand prix. Quite a sight to see 30 to 40 ferraris parked in front of the same restaurant in Down town Montreal. Thet actually close off the street in front of the restaurant so that only the ferrari guys can park there.

Maybe we could even get Mercedes canada to do an official amg get together event at the gran prix.

just saying!

Nick,1st amg, if it sounds like something interesting we could do a post for a C63 / amg bash / get together at the Montreal gran prix.

Also, If you're in town give me a ring. If I go to Ottawa I will do the same. I think You have my phone number.

And here is a few photos of me on the F1 track in Montreal when I used to have my RX8

Merry holidays to all.
Attached Thumbnails early xmas-campic5.jpg   early xmas-campic7.jpg   early xmas-campic12.jpg   early xmas-campic11.jpg   early xmas-campic14.jpg  

Old 12-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Radio Flyer Big Flyer fully loaded with training wheels and NOS
Actually I wasn't thinking about it, but what a great idea.

If you can believe it, I have never been to a F1 race even though the track is 15 minutes from my house.

You can actually drive on the circuit most of the time during the year.

there is a 20mph speed limit though.

Actually, I just had an idea. if we get a enough C63 guys to come to the F1 in Montreal, from canada and north east USA, we could have or actually make our own C63 parade in Montreal. Then we could book a group resevation at a restaurant and eat together. I'm sure we would have a lot to talk about.

Hey why not?

The ferrari guys do it every year at the grand prix. Quite a sight to see 30 to 40 ferraris parked in front of the same restaurant in Down town Montreal. Thet actually close off the street in front of the restaurant so that only the ferrari guys can park there.

Maybe we could even get Mercedes canada to do an official amg get together event at the gran prix.

just saying!

Nick,1st amg, if it sounds like something interesting we could do a post for a C63 / amg bash / get together at the Montreal gran prix.

Also, If you're in town give me a ring. If I go to Ottawa I will do the same. I think You have my phone number.

And here is a few photos of me on the F1 track in Montreal when I used to have my RX8

Merry holidays to all.
oh im down for this!
i actually was up in Mont-Tremblant this past summer and went to the circuit up there. really amazing place!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2009 - C63 Black/Black
Wow an M3 and C63! Who's going to get to drive the C?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:45 PM

2010 C63, 2009 S550, 2007 GL450
Congrats!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by chubbs032
Looks good congrats, lets get a comparo. You have to have a favorite.
To early to give a fair comparison, but so far I'm loving every moment with the c63. I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it is. I can't believe how nice it handles and the steering is great. Two thumbs up so far. The only negative I have so far is the key less go sucks. I have the hardest time locking the car. And I was driving yesterday dash flashes red and says key not detected. I had to fumble for it to take it out of my pocket.

Originally Posted by c63beastdriver
Wow an M3 and C63! Who's going to get to drive the C?
moi

Originally Posted by tmldds
Congrats!!!

Last edited by lebreeze; 12-13-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 PM

C63 AMG
Hi

I'm wondering what kind of winter tires you got and how much they were. Also did you get rims as well and if the front and back winter tires/rims had to be the same size. Because my dealer told me that the back set had to be the same as the front set. I am going to buy winters soon, just wondering how much it would cost me. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:54 PM

I got the recommended package on tire rack. It cost 1200. Size is 225 40 18 all the way around http://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp
Old 01-08-2010, 04:12 PM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
The problem I found with TireRack is that you have to pay duty and taxes. Price is cheap but I found a place in Toronto that sells tires even cheaper. Just yesterday I bought a set of snow tires (Michelin X-Ice Xi2, 235/40/18) and 18" Mercedes-Benz replica rim for the price of $2488 after tax for my C63 baby. Installation and balancing is included also.

The place is called Automotive Import Market
Old 01-09-2010, 07:32 AM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
congrats. two great cars. i noticed you got the performance package.is the C63 an '09 OR '10.