C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Boys - Your Wishes Have Been Granted...Blown AMG's

Old 12-16-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by 220S
These cars will not become collector's items. Get real.

Everybody is going FI and enthusiasts will flock to them. The F10 M5, M3 TT, AMG TTs. Our cars will become old USA style muscle cars and a novelty.

Modding the new FI AMGs will be insane and a new cash cow for Kleemann, Renntech, etc. Downside is that n/a modding R+D will come to a stop. There's no more point to trying to squeeze tiny bits of power out of these cars at such a high cost.
I am being real, you get real....
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I would not compare a "rare" Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG with a Ford Mustang GT or Cobra or Corvette or whatever US Muscle Car. There is almost NO TIMELESS QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, OR BEAUTY OF ANY AMERICAN CAR COMPARED TO A GERMAN CAR OF ELEGANCE, STRENGTH, AND RELIABILITY. US muscle cars are only where they are because of celebrity attachment or simply a style or era, NOT PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY BY A LONG SHOT. AMG ENGINES HAVE A REPUTATION, a history of performance unmatched or comparable by only few. If patterns prove true and the phasing out of a car with such a name as MB and its raw power ( I mean 451 HP??!! I remember being at the International Auto Show back in 98 and there was a Ferrari that had I believe 415 and people were in amazement), it will indeed be a sought after car. Take into consideration "one man-one engine" and its uniqueness, the collector-ness of a signed engine, the Ferrari inspired steering wheel and the N/A engine V8. There will be people longing for and on the search for the C63 and what it offered once its glory becomes a legend among the FI and hybrid cars that take over. Everything that this car is and has is leading performance and technology respectively...Look at how ugly and "ho-hum" BMWs are looking and how they do not encompass that fierce profile like the C63 but rather appear like a Honda Civic rear and front...too bubbly and rounded. Makes me sick that BMW didn't fire their body design team after the embarssment they have caused the brand ever since '97/98 by its looks (rediculous exhaust, lame "bumb" on the hood, rear lights like a civic hatchback)...even a regular C300 looks more aggressive than a BMW 330...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 12-16-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I, for one, enjoy the "novelty" of owning one of the last big V8s stuffed into a small sedan.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I would have to say that 700FWHP with a 7.0L stroked C63 with heads and cams will be a BLAST!! It will take years and many mods for the new TT to match those numbers and we'll have it all day in a N/A car!! Go 6.2L motor!!

If any of you have any questions about MHP or want information on their products just let me know. Keep racing and be safe!!

Last edited by Dads C63; 12-16-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A4, 2008 TT
63 is a big engine. I don't think 55 is small either. With TT it's going to be a monster. Much better than the previous 55 i think.

Looking forward to the new monster.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
I would not compare a "rare" Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG with a Ford Mustang GT or Cobra or Corvette or whatever US Muscle Car. There is almost NO TIMELESS QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, OR BEAUTY OF ANY AMERICAN CAR COMPARED TO A GERMAN CAR OF ELEGANCE, STRENGTH, AND RELIABILITY. US muscle cars are only where they are because of celebrity attachment or simply a style or era, NOT PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY BY A LONG SHOT. AMG ENGINES HAVE A REPUTATION, a history of performance unmatched or comparable by only few. If patterns prove true and the phasing out of a car with such a name as MB and its raw power ( I mean 451 HP??!! I remember being at the International Auto Show back in 98 and there was a Ferrari that had I believe 415 and people were in amazement), it will indeed be a sought after car. Take into consideration "one man-one engine" and its uniqueness, the collector-ness of a signed engine, the Ferrari inspired steering wheel and the N/A engine V8. There will be people longing for and on the search for the C63 and what it offered once its glory becomes a legend among the FI and hybrid cars that take over. Everything that this car is and has is leading performance and technology respectively...Look at how ugly and "ho-hum" BMWs are looking and how they do not encompass that fierce profile like the C63 but rather appear like a Honda Civic rear and front...too bubbly and rounded. Makes me sick that BMW didn't fire their body design team after the embarssment they have caused the brand ever since '97/98 by its looks (rediculous exhaust, lame "bumb" on the hood, rear lights like a civic hatchback)...even a regular C300 looks more aggressive than a BMW 330...
No timeless muscle??

The C63 wishes it will be worth what that car is.

Performance?

How's running mid 10's from the factory sound, in 1968.

Reliability? I have owned 3 Mustang GT's, 2 Cobras, a Mach 1, base corvette, Z06, and a half a dozen f-bodies. Besides wear items, the only time any of those cars were in the shop was for my 02 Firehawk...my foglight went out. Replaced under warranty. And if they do break, a 7000 dollar trans or 21,000 dollar engine is not needed.

The german cars i have owned, M3, CLK55, GTI, 996 911, 540iA have had more problems than any of my "useless" American muscle cars. However they do have better interiors and fit and finish.

I love both...but American muscle is timeless.

Sorry to say....30 years from now a 2008 Shelby GT500 will be more sought after than a 2008 C63

I welcome the FI'ed engines as there is nothing like factory forced induction. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Good God. Are you on MB's payroll or something? If not, then kudos to MB/AMG's marketing department. You sound like a friggin' commercial.

Damn, people. These are just cars. And something better will always be on the horizon.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:12 PM

C63
Aren't old American muscle cars collector items? In any regard, perhaps our C63s will see the love that buyers still have for the e46. Plenty of enthusiats buying new 335s still consider that model.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maximooz
Aren't old American muscle cars collector items? In any regard, perhaps our C63s will see the love that buyers still have for the e46. Plenty of enthusiats buying new 335s still consider that model.
Until they read about the S54 bearing failure problem. Then they read about the high failure rate of the HPFP in the 335i. Which makes them go to AMG, the eater of light bulbs
Old 12-17-2009, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
No timeless muscle??

Performance?

Reliability? I have owned 3 Mustang GT's, 2 Cobras, a Mach 1, base corvette, Z06, and a half a dozen f-bodies. Besides wear items, the only time any of those cars were in the shop was for my 02 Firehawk...my foglight went out. Replaced under warranty. And if they do break, a 7000 dollar trans or 21,000 dollar engine is not needed.

The german cars i have owned, M3, CLK55, GTI, 996 911, 540iA have had more problems than any of my "useless" American muscle cars. However they do have better interiors and fit and finish.

Sorry to say....30 years from now a 2008 Shelby GT500 will be more sought after than a 2008 C63

I welcome the FI'ed engines as there is nothing like factory forced induction. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
Very good post. Some American cars are plagued with quality issues, but at the end of the day the classics are and were sound. Now, (jump into flame suit) MB on the other hand do have some quality control issues that keeps them from getting the brass ring back in reliability. They are getting better, but that is a long road to hoe, considering the amount of failures on cars ranging in price of $50K to well over $100K.

Originally Posted by 220S
Good God. Are you on MB's payroll or something? If not, then kudos to MB/AMG's marketing department. You sound like a friggin' commercial.

Damn, people. These are just cars. And something better will always be on the horizon.
Exactly. +1
Old 12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
No intention to disrespect anyones preference, my bad. I had owned a 2000 Mustang that gave me a lot of problems and my cousin had a Corvette C5 that was always having issues. Just some personal frustrations with brands. To each their own. American Muscle cars will indeed have a story of being RAW, asphalt eating power.

I will have to say that for about 5 years ( I can't remember the span) MB had a reputation of being built poorly because MB wanted to make them cheaper and more affordable. I would like to know info about this and if this was really true (anyone know?). But the V8 6.3/6.2 L winning engine of the year is something to tout about. I have to admit I overstretched it about longer term quality because MB did have a period of being poorly built. I guess when you an enthusiast, you will always defend your own.

Again, my bad...
Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
No timeless muscle??

Performance?

Mid tens from a factory street legal car?

The car you are using for comparison was a purpose built dragster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwTz5vSLQJg

This is not a mass produced Chrysler built car, there were less than 100 built.

The Gulwing, 1m the DTM, 1m plenty of uber collectable benzos.

The C63 is factory produced, street legal 12 second car with navigation, ac, leather, sun roof, full interior etc.

Is it a collectors car prolly not, is it a terrific combination of luxury and power , uh yeah

Last edited by juicee63; 12-17-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
Mid tens from a factory street legal car?

The car you are using for comparison was a purpose built dragster.

This is not a mass produced Chrysler built car, there were less than 100 built.
I know all about the car...

Purpose built drag racer correct....but none the less you could get one from the show room floor. Still a production vechicle. Just very limited.

How about the the 69 Camaro ZL1? Less than a 100 were made, but still a production vehicle.

Or lets go older still...1964 Fairlane Thunderbolt

The Gulwing, 1m the DTM, 1m plenty of uber collectable benzos.

The C63 is factory produced, street legal 12 second car with navigation, ac, leather, sun roof, full interior etc.

Is it a collectors car prolly not, is it a terrific combination of luxury and power , uh yeah
I never said there weren't collectable benzes. The guy I quoted originally was infering that american muscle is a waster a time. Where do you think the idea of shoe horning a big *** v8 into a small chasis came from? You owe the roots of your blessed C63 to American Muscle.

I agree the C63 is a nice car...but if you want o go 12's with everything you mentioned there are alot more cars that can do it. E90 M3, CTS-V2, IS-F, M5, RS6, GT500, Corvette, M6, CL600, E55, SRT-8 Sedans etc... 12's are becoming the new 13.

The C63 will just never reach collectors status, as it is not that special or sought after.

Perfect example...my 01 CLK55 in great condition is worth about the same as an 01 Cobra in like condition. But given the facts it shouldn't be this way...

2001 Cobra Coupes made - 3,867
2001 CLK55 coupes made - 1,343

2001 Cobra MSRP - $28,605
2001 CLK55 MSRP - $71,114

Performance for the two was about a wash...maybe a nod for braking to the benz. Only benz has many more creature comforts and interior quality the mustang can only dream of.

So why Is the benz still not worth twice the Cobra? Simple...desire, reputation. The same will happen to the C63. A shame as the C63 is a hella nice car...as was/is the CLK55.

If I had an 01 Cobra in as nice shape as my Benz, I would have sold it in a week or so.

My .02, okay maybe a dollar.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 PM

a Black
You guys are all silly

[QUOTE=ZephyrAMG;3855611]I agree with SIN BAD DAD...QUOTE]

While I appreciate the attempt at not having buyers remorse for a car that will be in existance for but a very few years.....come on. The new car will (I should say...should be better in every aspect). It is always the case. And while your cars are getting older, sure you can mod them, but so can the guys with the new car. Not to mention, you will hit the wall with your 6.2l na much quicker then a TT setup.

SO enjoy your cars...they are awsome. But the new car will be better, quicker, faster, handle better, have better interior, better electronics and be cheaper and easier to mod "big". Just a fact of life.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
##

Apples and Oranges!

Get both!

CLK63Black to daily drive (modern performance / bling factor)

1969 GTO Judge Numbers matching garage queen....... will go UP in value VS the CLK.

Are you a collector or a driver? You can be both

Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 PM

C63
Originally Posted by betrezra
Apples and Oranges!

Get both!

CLK63Black to daily drive (modern performance / bling factor)

1969 GTO Judge Numbers matching garage queen....... will go UP in value VS the CLK.

Are you a collector or a driver? You can be both

I would take that '69 GTO over my current c63 any day of the week. But then it would spend more time sitting in my garage while I wish I had a beater to drive daily.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
This is very interesting, and a bit exciting to be honest. This opens up a few different things. one the TT for tuning, and the 63 for exclusivity.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
A TT 5.5 would be awesome.....

I love my 6.3 but a boosted 5.5 with a tune would rock the house as well...if not harder

You would definitely see modded AMG C's in the 10's a couple of months after they come out (as long as they are kicking 450/500 out of the factory)
Old 12-26-2009, 05:11 PM

E55
This really is pushing me to jump on a new C63 for sure. I love my E55, but I think the 63 is going to be a collectors item.. decisions decisions
Old 12-26-2009, 05:19 PM

c63 amg
If they put a TT 5.5 engine in a C class it should make at least 500 to 550 hp.

I hope they will fit it with some wider tires or even 4WD the put that power down.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
There will always be a performance gap between the C class AMG's and all the others. In the middle of all this speculation regarding a TT version of what is now the 550, has anyone thought that possibly the Cxx won't get that motor? Right now that motor puts out more hp in na form than the AMG 55 that has been in the SLK for years. I would not be surprised if the next generation C comes with a DI 550 at about 425hp married to the MCT tranny. Just my crystal ball forcast but time will tell. Latest scuttlebut that I heard regarding the M3 is an 3.0 liter TT in-line 6.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by hhughes1
There will always be a performance gap between the C class AMG's and all the others. In the middle of all this speculation regarding a TT version of what is now the 550, has anyone thought that possibly the Cxx won't get that motor? Right now that motor puts out more hp in na form than the AMG 55 that has been in the SLK for years. I would not be surprised if the next generation C comes with a DI 550 at about 425hp married to the MCT tranny. Just my crystal ball forcast but time will tell. Latest scuttlebut that I heard regarding the M3 is an 3.0 liter TT in-line 6.
+1 im betting the C wont ever see twin turbos. they should consider all wheel drive however.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Wow, there's just so much wrong information in this post, lol. Saw you apologized up there, which is cool, but wow, heh.

C63 is a true muscle car in this day and age IMO, not much of the fancy interior luxury you get in most other Benz models (aside from the beautiful AMG seats, etc.), pretty hard and austere in there, huge engine, loud as hell, no apologies - aggressive look, etc. I love that about it, I used to be a Mustang/Muscle-Car nut, however if I still longed for one, yet needed something with some more refinement, it'd be C63 all the way. Great thing is it can handle, etc. very well too.

The C63, or any modern Benz can only dream of one day earning the high regard, collectibility, respect, desire, passion/emotion of so many classic American performance cars. As well, Reliability isn't M-B's sweet spot either, and I think some American Muscle-Cars are some of the most reliable, abuse-taking cars out there, at least based on my experiences. As for timeless, although I find M-B classics and modern classics to be my personal cup of tea more-so than about anything, nothing is more timeless than an American classic.

Originally Posted by Dads C63
I would have to say that 700FWHP with a 7.0L stroked C63 with heads and cams will be a BLAST!! It will take years and many mods for the new TT to match those numbers and we'll have it all day in a N/A car!! Go 6.2L motor!!

If any of you have any questions about MHP or want information on their products just let me know. Keep racing and be safe!!
I don't know if a stroker kit will put you right at 700 FWP, and whether it does or doesn't, it will cost A TON. I prefer N/A over boosted myself (a passion thing, and sound thing), however no way, in any way, will an N/A engine have the modability of boosted one. And the price it cost for a stroker kit, which requires MASSIVE engine work of course, you'll have a blown/boosted car running at the speed of light.

To get a Turbo to incredible HP levels, it's as simple as more boost, which is not very expensive.

Last edited by K-A; 12-28-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
lets get back on topic, i can not wait for the TT version. I know i will be upgrading for sure, with some minor boost mods, i think it will achieve alot more then what we have to work with
Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Awesome! $20k in modifications to your 6.2L will keep it ahead of the new TT motor for maybe 6 months. A new set of hybrid ceramic coated zero clearance turbos for $5k and a $3k tune, and the turbo motor will make 700bhp look like a sissy girl.

Get real. All huge power cars use power adders. And no, 700bhp is not huge power.

No timeless muscle??

Performance?

Someone whose not blind. I applaud you sir.

Yeah, so is the GT500, the Camaro SS, the Corvette, the E550, the CLS550, etc etc. I can go on all day.

The C63 is not luxurious in the least bit. Its got plastic on the dash and door panels you'd find in a mustang, the radio and hvac controls look cheap, and it has very few luxury options. Sure the leather may be nicer and the assembly may be better, but don't think that there is anything at all luxurious about a C-Class.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boys - Your Wishes Have Been Granted...Blown AMG's