MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Long term update on C63 please.. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/333321-long-term-update-c63-please.html)

Jons95c36amg 01-10-2010 04:52 PM

Long term update on C63 please..

Pretty soon I'm going to buy the C63 and want some feedback on long term reviews. Thanks!

callmiro 01-10-2010 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg (Post 3889027)
Pretty soon I'm going to buy the C63 and want some feedback on long term reviews. Thanks!

C63 rocks the house....Best european muscle car out there for under $70K.....PERIOD!

alqamzi 01-10-2010 04:58 PM

The best car for it's price and the fastest 63 amg offers.

Jons95c36amg 01-10-2010 05:15 PM

The one I'm getting is a CPO 09 C63 with 11,xxx miles with all the bells and whistles including 2pc rotors,LSD(need it for the trq:)),suede steering wheel. Brand new tires-Cont extreme DWS A/S has 540tread wear:eek: I test drove it and tires seem to stick. Oh and that exhaust sound!:bow: My poor C36 is going to be replaced.

eagle_lex 01-10-2010 05:20 PM

you might at first frown on the 540 tread wear Contis but im telling you.... what happened was the original owner realized that the OEM Ps only last about 4k miles. im considering those Contis to replace my rear OEMs. im going to keep the front P OEMs till they die and then if i like how the Contis worked ill go Contis all around.

but to answer your question.... love mine so far. had it for about 7 months and only 3k miles but i love it!

please let us know how you like those Contis!!!

Jons95c36amg 01-10-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by eagle_lex (Post 3889065)
you might at first frown on the 540 tread wear Contis but im telling you.... what happened was the original owner realized that the OEM Ps only last about 4k miles. im considering those Contis to replace my rear OEMs. im going to keep the front P OEMs till they die and then if i like how the Contis worked ill go Contis all around.

but to answer your question.... love mine so far. had it for about 7 months and only 3k miles but i love it!

please let us know how you like those Contis!!!

I sure will! But the tires look new with plenty of tread. Maybe its a long lasting tire. Checked on tirerack its $200 for rears,fronts a little cheaper.

Shellbmb 01-10-2010 06:41 PM

Had it one year and 11k miles on it. Only problems so far were the driver's seat was coming out of the backing. Dealer fixed it at Service A.

Had to top off the coolant and frequently correct the tire pressure, but that's about it.

New rear tires at 8000 miles. Put GY asyms on the rear and honestly can't tell any difference for the way I drive.

Not a great kid hauler if you have small ones. That's not why I bought it, but occasionally they do need to ride in it. The LATCH bars are tough to get to and the car seat leaves imprints in the fine leather. Plus my daughter loves to kick the back of my seat scuffing it up. At least its easy to clean up. Plus she's pissed there is no rear DVD, but the exhaust entertains her. I ask her what does Daddy's car say: she replies, "vroom, vroom." Love it.

Hands down, the best car I've owned to date. Enjoy!

Ape 01-10-2010 06:54 PM

Great car, no problems after over a year and 11,XXX miles of ownership. Only complaint is that I have not been able to drive it for the last 2 weeks due to snow and cold roads. I have a winter car for those days, but really miss driving the AMG.

alqamzi 01-10-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg (Post 3889058)
The one I'm getting is a CPO 09 C63 with 11,xxx miles with all the bells and whistles including 2pc rotors,LSD(need it for the trq:)),suede steering wheel. Brand new tires-Cont extreme DWS A/S has 540tread wear:eek: I test drove it and tires seem to stick. Oh and that exhaust sound!:bow: My poor C36 is going to be replaced.

I have the Cont extreme DWS A/S on my car right now they are bad in snow and wet.I don't know why they called them A/S you will notice that when drive it more...

ZephyrAMG 01-10-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shellbmb (Post 3889137)
Had it one year and 11k miles on it. Only problems so far were the driver's seat was coming out of the backing. Dealer fixed it at Service A.

Had to top off the coolant and frequently correct the tire pressure, but that's about it.

New rear tires at 8000 miles. Put GY asyms on the rear and honestly can't tell any difference for the way I drive.

Not a great kid hauler if you have small ones. That's not why I bought it, but occasionally they do need to ride in it. The LATCH bars are tough to get to and the car seat leaves imprints in the fine leather. Plus my daughter loves to kick the back of my seat scuffing it up. At least its easy to clean up. Plus she's pissed there is no rear DVD, but the exhaust entertains her. I ask her what does Daddy's car say: she replies, "vroom, vroom." Love it.

Hands down, the best car I've owned to date. Enjoy!

Hey shellbmb, I just PM'd you about your seat situation. if you would like, you can reply to public board incase anyone has had the same problem...thanks.

crazjayz 01-10-2010 08:29 PM

That "vroom, vroom" response is priceless. :y I'm glad your family is enjoying the car.

Jons95c36amg 01-10-2010 08:40 PM

Thanks guys! Keep em coming!

c63canada 01-10-2010 10:18 PM

love it

:)had mine for 10 000 miles. 17 months.

I love it. No a single problem with it since I got it.

Love that sound.

I love the bad boy styling.

Great daily driver.

You can't go wrong.

chief63 01-11-2010 11:31 AM

the car seat leaves imprints in the fine leather. Plus my daughter loves to kick the back of my seat scuffing it up.

Get a car seat mat (or "undermat"), I also have a baby and looked into it and this is the way to go to protect the back seat from the child seat marks (from 30-50$) Some are less ugly than others...

I'm ordering one now for the Audi (and later on my new C63) and I'll let you know how it is if you want to.

http://www.juniorbaby.com/details.cf..._Code=ssk10235

Merc63 01-12-2010 06:18 AM

25,000KM Hard KMs on it since brand new and no problems at all. 5 or 6 sets of rear tires though haha. Many burnouts and drifts.

Palladin 01-13-2010 05:53 PM

You are in for a treat. Lots of car for the money. I use mine as a daily driver, 70 miles a day commuting to work, 10K miles in 5 months of ownership. Puts a smile on my face every single day I fire it up. Best part: The split personality...comfortable and quiet on the freeway, seats four, real trunk, but then when you want to hammer it and have fun it's got big balls. It's the car equivalent of an olympic decathlete. Worst parts: Gas mileage, 14 around town, 20 on the highway. Just be prepared to feed the beast, and if gas goes to $5 a gallon it's gonna p!ss you off. And of course the infamous rear tire wear. I finally just accepted that and compromised to putting relatively inexpensive 300 treadwear rating tires (Sumitomo HTRZIIIs) on the little monster every three months. If you are prepared to accept the compromises in fuel economy and tire wear (or if you are lucky and only drive the car <1K mile per month) its pretty hard to find fault with it. Also, a matter of personal taste, but I think its the best looking sport sedan out there at any price. Its a truly great car.

ZephyrAMG 01-13-2010 05:57 PM

:D

Originally Posted by Palladin (Post 3893147)
You are in for a treat. Lots of car for the money. I use mine as a daily driver, 70 miles a day commuting to work, 10K miles in 5 months of ownership. Puts a smile on my face every single day I fire it up. Best part: The split personality...comfortable and quiet on the freeway, seats four, real trunk, but then when you want to hammer it and have fun it's got big balls. It's the car equivalent of an olympic decathlete. Worst parts: Gas mileage, 14 around town, 20 on the highway. Just be prepared to feed the beast, and if gas goes to $5 a gallon it's gonna p!ss you off. And of course the infamous rear tire wear. I finally just accepted that and compromised to putting relatively inexpensive 300 treadwear rating tires (Sumitomo HTRZIIIs) on the little monster every three months. If you are prepared to accept the compromises in fuel economy and tire wear (or if you are lucky and only drive the car <1K mile per month) its pretty hard to find fault with it. Also, a matter of personal taste, but I think its the best looking sport sedan out there at any price. Its a truly great car.

+1. Nice assessment. Sums it up to the "t"...:y

Jons95c36amg 01-13-2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Palladin (Post 3893147)

Yeah I'm going to expect its a gas guzzler. Well I only drive 800 miles a month. Or I could drive the Clk55 daily. It gets 26mpg highway. BTW I love the nasty exhaust sound from the factory!

MikeS54 01-13-2010 07:30 PM

bought mine back in august last year, 13000km on the clock at the moment. Great comfy daily driver and yet it performs very well on the track. Beside the gas and tire I have no complaints what so ever

C63newdude 01-14-2010 12:16 AM

I would have to agree with most of what have been said, tires and gas mileage on this car is the achiles tendon. I don't think I will ever put Pirelli Zeros on this car, no need for it. This car has too skiny tires and too much torque thus the stock tires will wear fast.
As per gas mileage, I think this is the worst car I ever had as far is gas mileage. This car is not aerodynamic at all

Jons95c36amg 01-14-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by C63newdude (Post 3893728)
I would have to agree with most of what have been said, tires and gas mileage on this car is the achiles tendon. I don't think I will ever put Pirelli Zeros on this car, no need for it. This car has too skiny tires and too much torque thus the stock tires will wear fast.
As per gas mileage, I think this is the worst car I ever had as far is gas mileage. This car is not aerodynamic at all

How do you drive your car? I'm sure you don't baby it.

tyanger 01-14-2010 08:56 PM

I had to have a cam sensor solenoid replaced at about 3000 miles last year - for no apparent reason the engine started idling extremely rough and felt like it was going to quit - until I could get it back to the dealer I was getting like 6-7 mpg limping around town :( In the shop for less than 24 hours and ran fine after that.

Unfortunately it happened again last month at about 11000 miles to the same sensor/same cylinder bank - again replaced and works fine now, but I'm trying to decide if I need to start worrying. Other than that ... +1 what everyone else said.

Case1906 01-14-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by tyanger (Post 3894984)
I had to have a cam sensor solenoid replaced at about 3000 miles last year - for no apparent reason the engine started idling extremely rough and felt like it was going to quit - until I could get it back to the dealer I was getting like 6-7 mpg limping around town :( In the shop for less than 24 hours and ran fine after that.

Unfortunately it happened again last month at about 11000 miles to the same sensor/same cylinder bank - again replaced and works fine now, but I'm trying to decide if I need to start worrying. Other than that ... +1 what everyone else said.

Interesting. Is this common problem for others? Did your service guy have any thoughts as to why you had the same failure twice?

azlane 01-14-2010 10:56 PM

Mine has a little over 3000 miles so far and as soon as the engine has warmed up to 177, I drive it hard. My rear tires probably have about 1000 miles left and my gas mileage is usually 16.5 using 91 oct. If I add some 100 octane to arrive at a 93 oct mix, the mpg goes up to 17.5+ mpg.

Still love driving it each and every time I get in...

C63newdude 04-01-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg (Post 3894742)
How do you drive your car? I'm sure you don't baby it.

I don't know what makes you think that I don't baby the car:confused:. I actually do. Still doesn't change the fact that the car sucks on gas mileage and on wearing tires. Remember, the rear traction was a engineering disaster. This is the most potent car in the world with the lesser tire surface.

I honestly don't know of any other car in the wrold with more power and less tire size, the C63 is a big looser on this department. You can tahnk the engineers. This car should had never leave the factory with no less than 275 or 285 tires(at least).