Sponsored by:

Father/Son at OCRC Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63AMG
Father/Son at OCRC Pics

The old man and his son, December '09, at the Orange County RaceCraft course. http://www.ocracecraft.com/

Well, would you believe, with over 400 hp, the 03 C32 turned some of the fastest consistent lap times by a novice driver. How bout that! Not bad for my son's first visit to a track. He's 17. OCRC was kind enough to award him a free half day of track time this month for his achievement!

I had been encouraged by a few wise birds to attend a driving school. We took both cars, the C63 and the C32 AMGs. When I told my son he was getting signed up too, of course he replied, school is for you old dogs. Now he has become one too..........
Attached Thumbnails Father/Son at OCRC Pics-briefing1.jpg   Father/Son at OCRC Pics-start-your-engines.jpg   Father/Son at OCRC Pics-c63-vs-c32.jpg   Father/Son at OCRC Pics-apex-cone.jpg   Father/Son at OCRC Pics-pumpkin-roof.jpg  

Father/Son at OCRC Pics-yours-truly.jpg  

Last edited by lomita; 01-21-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: punc.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, the C32 is finally done?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:42 AM

C63AMG
Thanks For Asking

Originally Posted by Sincity
So, the C32 is finally done?
The C32 AMG only took a couple of weeks of part time tinkering to complete the project. The biggest waste of time was the intercooler heat exchanger, the one with the crappy mounts, oh, it didn't fit under the stock bumper cover either, but WTF, the company said they would take it back for a restocking charge, it's still sitting in our junk pile in the garage.......we are running with the stock cooler and it works A OK off or on the track.

As far as being done, mostly. Next month a set of four new tires. We will at some time replace the windshield too. It's got desert sand rash.

A set of Bilsteins will finish off the suspension.

Already installed a nice rear aftermarket Eibach swaybar. That completely changed the disposition of the ride and for the better.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...tle-tlc-2.html
Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Very cool. I wish my Dad would have done the same for me when I was young.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:36 PM

C63AMG
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Very cool. I wish my Dad would have done the same for me when I was young.
There are more than a few of us who would have treasured the experience. We are very fortunate to have had this opportunity. Looking at all the factors which made this possible, I certainly don't believe in the big bang theory.......it just happened.