Sponsored by:

Dyno Monday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Dyno Monday

On monday I'm putting my car on the Dyno to she what she really has. This is my first time putting a car on a Dyno. My car is completely stock so I'm hoping for a good run. Is there anything I should know before I put my car up on the Dyno?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 with Eurocharged tune and charcoal delete
Originally Posted by azadian22
On monday I'm putting my car on the Dyno to she what she really has. This is my first time putting a car on a Dyno. My car is completely stock so I'm hoping for a good run. Is there anything I should know before I put my car up on the Dyno?
Yes, you should know that the results are virtually meaningless unless you are going to do some mods to the car and then dyno it again at the same place on the same day to see what the gain/loss was. The actual "baseline" number is almost totally uselss otherwise. Dynos vary from one place to another far more (probably by a factor of 10) than the engines that leave the AMG factory. You could easily get max stock rwhp of 330 at one place and drive down the street to another shop and get 380. How do I know this? I've done it. They will all tell you that their dyno is expertly calibrated, is the best brand, and is the most accurate one in town. If you really do some research online you will find that dyno results have a huge variance factor, even under the best circumstances.