Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c63
Would these mods work together?

My car is bone stock right now and I am planning to get the following:

1. LT headers

2. X pipe

3. Kleemann or other affordable ECU tune

I spoke with Cory and he said that I should do the hardware installs first before I get the ECU so I'm waiting for the LT header options to become available.

Would these mods work together without problem? I think I read somewhere that you may not need X pipe if you have LT headers, is this correct?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
The stock resonator has the cross over equalizer pipe that balances the two banks. If you delete the stock resonator you will need an x-pipe.

Those mods will work together. Talk to HHughes1 because he has this set up and has a very fast car. He would be a good one to discuss this with.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
You might also want to hear how a C63 with LT headers sound--with and without cats.

LT headers with high-flow cats are already loud enough. LT headers with no cats will be even louder. If you get an X-pipe, you're basically taking out the resonator. LT headers with no cats and no resonator will be CRAZY loud. You might want to get a personal, real-life experience first before you go that route. The only thing louder, i would imagine, is catless LT + resonator delete + race catback.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 AM

c63
Originally Posted by avengerboater
You might also want to hear how a C63 with LT headers sound--with and without cats.

LT headers with high-flow cats are already loud enough. LT headers with no cats will be even louder. If you get an X-pipe, you're basically taking out the resonator. LT headers with no cats and no resonator will be CRAZY loud. You might want to get a personal, real-life experience first before you go that route. The only thing louder, i would imagine, is catless LT + resonator delete + race catback.

hmmm.....

Is it possible to make the car sound like the cold start idle all the time?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:03 AM

none
Originally Posted by LP560-4
hmmm.....

Is it possible to make the car sound like the cold start idle all the time?
Dear God, why?! Having spent a lot of time with a car with LT headers and full 3" exhaust, I'm almost ashamed to be seen in my car at cold-start it's so loud.

Josh