C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

European Delivery - Picked up my car, pictures and everything you need to know

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C63 P31, 2003 C32
i did, however, get through the break in period with about 150 miles left and hit 140 in southern France. I also passed a few strobe cameras in France or Switzerland. Good luck sending me that ticket! hiyooooo
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by danielemccabe
i did, however, get through the break in period with about 150 miles left and hit 140 in southern France. I also passed a few strobe cameras in France or Switzerland. Good luck sending me that ticket! hiyooooo
Oh, you dont want to get stopped in those countries, they will impound your car (hold it) untill all is said and done, fines, etc,etc...
Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Daniel, go and touch the wheels, I did the same thing when I ordered my car and ordered the wheels at the same time, wheels arrived before the car did, lots of compliments on these wheels but they are a biatch to keep clean, especially for someone like myself who is a car clean freak.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Daniel, go and touch the wheels, I did the same thing when I ordered my car and ordered the wheels at the same time, wheels arrived before the car did, lots of compliments on these wheels but they are a biatch to keep clean, especially for someone like myself who is a car clean freak.
Yeah..good luck with that brake dust. I'd recommend several coats of poorboys wheel sealant before you put those babies on. It'll make cleaning them much easier.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
MB of West Chester, PA. my guy is Eric Blake. Great guy, really knows his stuff and so far, has found anything i need. My wheels are at the dealership now. might have to go touch them today.....ok, that was creepy.
Sorry for the slight OT, but have you broached the topic of performance mods with them? Still haven't found anyone in the area who is cool with mods and warranties.

I went to MB of Devon and forgot to take my Renntech Airbox off--they practically crapped their pants and wouldn't even cover the diagonostic charges for that visit.

Needless to say, I won't be going back there ever again.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Awesome write up. I didn't read it at first because I read your original post and thought this was it again.

I wish I knew about this last year when I got my car.

Now I gotta wait 2 years
Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550, RS5
Great write up and congratulations. I had planned on 2011 Euro Delivery and then the deep 2009 discounts convinced me otherwise.

I'll keep my eyes open for your car. I'm just up the road in Exton.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM

C63 AMG
Very very nice my friend, super clean. those red painted calipers are beautiful.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GT-S & GLE 63S Coupe
This post has made me soooo excited for picking up my C63 in 6 weeks....but I get to drive it all the way home (sorry for rubbing that in guys - theres gotta be some perks to living in this country!)

I've just had my letter from Mercedes confirming my car will be ready soon. They fly me out from Heathrow to Stuttgart business class, put me up in a 5* hotel and even provide me with a Eurotunnel ticket (the train that goes under the English channel between France and the UK). All complimentary too (well, its paid for by way of paying the delivery charges but Mercedes not strictly 'delivering' it!).
Old 02-25-2010, 02:37 PM

C300 Luxury
Well, I'm finally back from Europe after picking up my fully loaded C63 with the new P31 package. I have to tell you, the Euro delivery is the coolest thing i've ever done. It was well worth the price (more about that in a minute). I would recommend that any of you getting another C63 or any other mercedes, with the means to do so, should go over to Germany to pick up your car. I live in Philadelphia and the following is how this all came together.

First, here's the deal with euro delivery. There are some cars are officially part of the euro delivery program- unfortunately, it never includes any AMG cars. So what does this mean? A car that is part of the program gets a 7% discount. Well, if you have negotiated any dealer consideration (i.e. any deal you made with your dealer on the price of the vehicle), that is basically out the door. You are buying the car straight from MB as though your dealer is really not part of the deal. So I had negotiated 2k off the price and i lost that. However, I had also negotiated a lower price on the 19 inch AMG wheels (and no, i could not order them even though i was picking up the car in germany, they are a Euro option only), and I had extended my warranty to 7 years (20% off the top), and i still got the deals on those because i get those things through my dealership. The 2K that i lost on the dearler consideration was offset by the fact that i don't pay any destination tax, which was about $850. So, for the "privelege" of picking up my car I had to pay an additional $1100, but after doing it, I seems like chump change.

Here's what you get with Euro delivery. MB pays for 1 night in a 5 star hotel in about 15 cities. You choose this a few weeks in advance. i chose Stuttgart because I figure by the time we picked up the car and did the AMG tour, it would be too late to get all the MB stuff in. MB also pays for a cab ride from Stuttgart railroad station (we flew to Frankfurt) to Sindelfingen, the main MB plant where you pick up your car. MB also gives you lunch/breakfast at their restaurant, which was actually really nice. We got some local Swabian food and some local beer - which ran just under 65 Euros. They gave us a chocolate bar to make up the extra few euros (the voucher is worth 65 Euros.

MB gives you a German plate (the front of which i'm keeping on the car), registration and insurance for 2 weeks, and the needed stickers for the car for driving in other countries. You also get all of the documentation you need to give to the drop off point who will ship your car back to the states.

You pick from about 15 cities throughout Europe (Germany, France, Spain Switzerland, etc) to drop the car off, and you arrange the drop cite about a week before. MB pays for the car to be shipped back and the insurance to boot. Once you drop your car off it takes about 6-8 weeks to get it to the dealership (8-10 if you are on the west coast). yes..... the wait is going to kill me. So here's how it went

First, we get to Sindelfingen after the train ride in after flying Envoy (first class) and still not sleeping more than about an hour. The train ride from Frankfurt is only about an hour, and the cab ride from stuttgart is about 15 minutes. i was so stoked about the car, i didn't care how much sleep i had.

we arrive at Sindelfingen and after breakfast on MB (which was great, and the menu was all in German), and after signing the paperwork for delivery, insurance etc. We go out to the car.

There's a big door that opens that brings the cars out for people to get. it opens like something out of star trek.

My car was already sitting out there, and this guy named Klaus brings me out to the car (his english was not great). the anticipation was killing me. I get my first look at the red brakes, and the overall car and I'm loving life. Compared to anything else in the delivery area, it was just amazing.

here's the first few shots of the car.....
I have to order a C300 within a few days and was thinking of European Delivery since I have a conference over there in June. You said you got 7% off MSRP but reading other Internet postings I was led to believe that you could negotiate with your dealer and whatever price you got from the dealer then it was 7% discount after that since the 7% was not a dealer discount but a manufacturer discount.

For example here http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/810458
" If you get a car off a dealer lot, you may get say 5% off MSRP and that's your negotiated price for the car. Well, if you do European Delivery lease, you get that additional discount. Using the BMW as an example, you get 9% discount from the manufacturer + 5% that you negotiated = 14% off US MSRP. In the two year lease example above with residual of 72%, you are only paying 100% - 14% - 72% = 14% depreciation! Recall that in my example above the depreciation was 23% if you had gotten the car in the US. (23% - 14%) / 23% = ~39% "discount" on depreciation."

Does anyone know which is correct because reading some BMW forums it looks as if you can get both?

Second question, does anyone know a dealer who has real knowledge of the ED program because I am finding out that many don't?
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM

2010 C63 P31, 2003 C32
i can't imagine you would get both discounts, but who knows. Contact mbusa and ask for the Euro delivery department. they will tell you everytyhing you need to know. if you have more questions, i can probably answer them for you.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Infiniti G37x
European delivery pricing

Just one question--when i use the european delivery "build" option on the MB website, is that the price I actually pay the dealer, or can the dealer add additional charges?

Thanks in advance,

Tom