Sponsored by:

The 722.9 Transmission: A Love Story, by C63 Guy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
By jove, great show, great show!!! Wore my tux for reading that one. I'm going to read it again with a deep, slow German violin playing in the background...

Take it easy this time around Dragon Rider...good to hear your roar all the way here in Chicago.

If I missed the total cost, would you mind telling, out the door?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
A general aura of douchebag entitlement is in the air.

Josh
A huge thanks again to "The Magicians" for their expertise and "The Paladin" for the use of his lair, and a huge F-U to the manager at Keyes.

Josh
Why the F-U to the manager at Keys ???? The only douchebag entitlement I see here is your own. Did you really think after modding the hell out of your car and then abusing it, that ANY dealership would cover it under warranty ?? I'm glad you got your car fixed man, but I can't understand why you continue to blame anyone but yourself.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
^^^Agree and disagree...if the stealership does some research, and proves the mods/abuse were what caused the problem, the slayer shall raise the flag. However, it sounds like they just heard a start-up and flagged it...that isn't enough to prove that the problems you had were "mod" induced.

If you left out the part where they lifted it up, inspected it, and blatantly determined your mods/driving caused the problem, then perhaps F-U isn't in order...but if they just fired it up and wrote it off immediately, I say F-them too!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
The issue of warranty coverage being denied has been discussed repeatedly within these forums. I am surprised that so many readily accept the "if you want to play you got to pay" mentality and feel MB as a general rule should be released from any financial responsibilities pertaining to modded cars or cars that were driven in track events. After watching the smoking burnout C63 commercials...... tearing up the track at the AMG driving experience.......viewing the factory staged drag races on the AMG website............. I as a consumer expect that the advertiser(MB) will back up the product after I purchase an AMG to participate in the life style that they illustrate to sell performance cars.

Modding is more complicated, but the burden is on the manufacturer to prove that the customer's action caused the failure. For instance, automatically flagging a tuned car when something fails just because the car was modified is just plain wrong. There are hundreds of "undetuned" C63's that now have the same power and the same tranny as many other 63 models. How could MB prove that the modification caused the failure when they sell and warranty thousands of 510hp 63's with the same 7 speed? What if the part that failed was a common part with the SLS making 560+hp?

Josh's car may be an extreme case and the warranty denial might have been warranted given the extent of the modifications and documented harsh driving. I don't agree with the out of hand decision to flag the car merely by starting it up and hearing the exhaust.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG & RR
In Josh's defense though Keys MBZ of Van Nuys is the last place I'd go to with my Mercedes. Their sales and service is despicable! So I am not surprised Josh gives them a big F-U lol

There are certain modifications you can do to a car where the warranty stays in effect. Lorinser, Carlsson, Kleeman, RENNtech are all approved by Mercedes to modify as far as I know. So for a dealer to say that due to the car being too loud, it is heavily modded therefore they can not cover the repair under the warranty is a bit far fetched in my opinion.

Welcome Back Josh! - Watch Out For LAPD
Old 04-13-2010, 12:25 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Something tells me they did a bit more than just start it up, guys.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 PM

1999 Coupé Fiat 1.8 16v
The Silver Dragon is my screensaver! The only beast I love!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by hhughes1
The issue of warranty coverage being denied has been discussed repeatedly within these forums. I am surprised that so many readily accept the "if you want to play you got to pay" mentality and feel MB as a general rule should be released from any financial responsibilities pertaining to modded cars or cars that were driven in track events. After watching the smoking burnout C63 commercials...... tearing up the track at the AMG driving experience.......viewing the factory staged drag races on the AMG website............. I as a consumer expect that the advertiser(MB) will back up the product after I purchase an AMG to participate in the life style that they illustrate to sell performance cars.

Modding is more complicated, but the burden is on the manufacturer to prove that the customer's action caused the failure. For instance, automatically flagging a tuned car when something fails just because the car was modified is just plain wrong. There are hundreds of "undetuned" C63's that now have the same power and the same tranny as many other 63 models. How could MB prove that the modification caused the failure when they sell and warranty thousands of 510hp 63's with the same 7 speed? What if the part that failed was a common part with the SLS making 560+hp?

Josh's car may be an extreme case and the warranty denial might have been warranted given the extent of the modifications and documented harsh driving. I don't agree with the out of hand decision to flag the car merely by starting it up and hearing the exhaust.
Very valid point. The reality is this:

1 - They deny service
2 - You get a lawyer
3 - You pay out the wazoo
4 - You go to court
5 - After months and months of legal work and fees, you may win.
6 - You are out of pocket regardless
Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wankeldude

1 - They deny service
2 - You get a lawyer
4 - You go to court
+1 I am a fighter, but unless I have money, time, and piece of mind just to burn to prove a point, somethings are not worth pursuing. Maybe its better to fix and move or go back to a dealer and start fresh. You could write letters until your fingers fall off but if they won't budge, its no use.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 04-13-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
For your reading enjoyment:

ACT I

Setting: A dark and stormy night. Tension fills the air.

Enter stage left: The Silver Dragon. Engine roaring, tires smoking.

The Dragon comes to a screeching halt at center stage, a faint pop is heard. Fluid weeps from under the car and covers the stage. The crowd is aghast. After a dramatic pause, the Dragon rolls slowly to exit stage right.

Curtain.

ACT II

Setting: Keyes Mercedes in Van Nuys. People are bustling about, business as usual. A general aura of douchebag entitlement is in the air.

Enter center stage: The Silver Dragon, at a moderate pace. Engine idling, a trail of fluid behind.

Service Advisor looks at The Dragon approvingly, makes notes. The Dragon is checked in, retreats to the lot and sleeps.

Time passes.

The Dragon awakens with a roar. Heads turn. The General Manager shivers with fear and calls King Mercedes. The King dispatches a dragon slayer, but The Dragon retreats to safety elsewhere before The Slayer can arrive. Fluid still leaks.

The Slayer arrives at the dealership and questions the onlookers. Stories vary, and there's confusion. The Slayer decides to flag The Dragon. The audience murmurs disapprovingly in hushed tones.

Curtain.

ACT III

Setting: A Paladin's retreat in the Valley. The Dragon sits motionless, quiet, wounded.

The dragonrider paces nervously, unsure. Calls are made, resources located, potions procured, and paychecks diminished. The dragonrider exits stage right and returns shortly with The Magicians.

The Magicians chant incantations and tools are manipulated under and about The Dragon. The crowd is restless, anxious, eager.

After a time the tools are packed up and fluids are pumped into The Dragon. A final prayer is followed by a dramatic pause.

A key is twisted and The Dragon roars back to life. The Magicians look on with a gleam in their eyes. The dragonrider gratefully hands over his gold as the audience applauds and cheers. Shortly, The Dragon takes flight, exiting stage left at a cautious pace.

Curtain.

Intermission: 5 minutes

ACT IV

Setting: The 405N, just past the Skirball exit. Sunny skies, clear road ahead. Traffic looms distant on the horizon (aka Mulholland).

The dragonrider surveys the scene cautiously. Deciding there is no danger present, the dragonrider flattens the loud pedal for the first time in almost seven weeks. The Dragon soars, bellowing it's song, so long unheard. Gears change, cleanly, smoothly. Fourth gear. Fifth gear. Sixth gear. Seventh gear. The crowd watches speechlessly as The Dragon is in full flight. All is good.

Much too soon the dragonrider must use caution and chooses to ease off the pace. The Dragon slows and settles into traffic. Life returns to normal. The crowd explodes with applause and cheers.

Fin.

Details and pictures to follow.

Josh
Bravo!!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Is the 722.9 tranny the stock one for the C63?

I always wondered if with enough money we can fit the tranny of the SL63 which I believe performs better and more at par with the BMW M3 tranny.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 AM

none
Originally Posted by LZH
Why the F-U to the manager at Keys ???? The only douchebag entitlement I see here is your own. Did you really think after modding the hell out of your car and then abusing it, that ANY dealership would cover it under warranty ?? I'm glad you got your car fixed man, but I can't understand why you continue to blame anyone but yourself.
Really? You're still alive? That sucks.

Anyway, STFU if you don't have all the facts. And in this case you quite obviously don't, as usual. I'm friends with one of the parts guys at Keyes and he was present when it all went down and told me they were moving the car into the service area to be inspected and the manager said no go as soon as it came inside. So there's that.

Aside from that, I'm ****ing tired of every judgmental, superior, and privileged thing you have to say on every thread you post in. I've heard stories about you from more than a few industry people you've had dealings with (unsurprisingly nothing positive) and I have to admit that there's really not that many people that act like everyone else is beneath them both on the forums and in real life. Bravo for having the integrity to be a complete POS everywhere you go.

Josh.

Last edited by C63 Guy; 04-15-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:46 AM

99C43 05C55 06slk55

Anyway, STFU if you don't have all the facts. And in this case you quite obviously don't, as usual. I'm friends with one of the parts guys at Keyes and he was present when it all went down and told me they were moving the car into the service area to be inspected and the manager said no go as soon as it came inside. So there's that.

Aside from that, I'm ****ing tired of every judgmental, superior, and privileged thing you have to say on every thread you post in. I've heard stories about you from more than a few industry people you've had dealings with (unsurprisingly nothing positive) and I have to admit that there's really not that many people that act like everyone else is beneath them both on the forums and in real life. Bravo for having the integrity to be a complete POS everywhere you go.

Josh.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:07 AM

99C43 05C55 06slk55
Originally Posted by hhughes1

you sood do your homework. the SLS has it's own transmission. no other mercedes has it. the 7 speed transmission was made for the SLS only. BTW it is one bad *** transmission, it will upshift and downshift in 100ms, it has two oil coolers. it is going to be a cool car to drive.

Last edited by AMGC43C55; 04-15-2010 at 04:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 AM

none
Originally Posted by AMGC43C55
you sood do your homework. the SLS has it's own transmission. no other mercedes has it. the 7 speed transmission was made for the SLS only. BTW it is one bad *** transmission, it will upshift ans downshift in 100ms, it has two oil coolers. it is going to be a cool car to drive.
Now THAT would be a cool (and retardedly pricey) challenge to get into a C63. Rear trans-axle? Yes please! Better weight balance? Oh, hell yes! Completely reengineering the back half of the car to accommodate it? Uhg, no thanks.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 04-15-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Now THAT would be a cool (and retardedly pricey) challenge to get into a C63. Rear trans-axle? Yes please! Better weight balance? Oh, hell yes! Completely reengineering the back half of the car to accommodate it? Uhg, no thanks.

Josh
Oh Josh,
Don't let a little thing like cost get in the way of innovation and making improvements. Be the leader and show us how its done again.

Great job by the way with your car!! Keep racing and be safe!! Did you put the headers back on yet?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
LZH
Banned

Josh, Josh, Josh...Do you really expect me to believe that BS ? I know the guys at Keys and I know for a FACT that they did more than just start your car up and listen to the exhaust note...But, even if they did what you say, the burden of proof is on them to show that your mods caused the failure and you just sat back and took it up the *** ?? Really ??? You seem a bit smarter than that so I know you are full of it. Not to mention the fact that your ramblings on the internet and cute little parables about this whole event have been read by a lot of "industry" people - LOL. So, again, you really only have yourself to blame.

Josh.
LOL - another blatent lie, Josh. What "industry" people are you referring to ?? If you know so much about me, then why not post it here ?? I'm giving you permission...please, tell us all exactly who you spoke to. Fact is, you can't. Because the only people in the motor sports Industry I've had dealings with that you might possibly know are Brad and Simon and Evosport and the owner of SigalSport racing (a team which no longer exists) - and I'm on good terms with all of them. So once again, you are bending the truth to suit your particular argument and make yourself feel better about this whole mess that YOU created by blabbing on the internet.
Perhaps if you had taken my advice in the first thread you posted about all this you would have had better luck. But you didn't...."so there’s that."
Old 04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI

And I thought the NASIOC forums were entertaining.....
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 PM

none
You know something, Luke? I had a long list of retorts to your retorts to my retorts to your being a ****ing tool in yet another one of my threads, but it doesn't matter. There's something bigger going on here. And I'm about to take the low road and let everyone know some truth:

It's interesting how the only time you pop into my threads is when people are expressing feelings friendship and/or sympathy, and/or appreciation for something I've posted. Three human emotions I doubt you ever get to share with others because you're a piece of garbage. The funny thing? You probably think you're garbage too, or you wouldn't act the way you do. That's how narcissists and people with major inferiority complexes act. (It's great having a PhD candidate sister.) So which one is it? Are you either so delusional that you actually believe people think how you behave is OK? Or are you so unhappy with who you are that you have to try and hide it by knocking everyone else down or by telling everyone about your secret "insider connections" and how much expensive stuff you've bought to make the pain of being so empty and shallow not seem so close? Either way, you're going to respond to this with something hateful. I can see it coming. Prove me wrong.

You know what else is great? You're so jealous of me and the fact that I have friends that like me for who I am that you need to try and break me down. Think about that. Do I ever just pop into your threads and call you an a-hole or a jerkoff or a liar? Yeah, not so much... Come to think if it, never. You want to know why? It's because I don't care about you. You, however, seem to have a serious infatuation with and are quite obviously envious of me.

Which is funny because I don't have nearly the material possessions or the superficial associations that you do, but I do have a soul and a spirit (which are now slightly dirtier for having had another interaction with you) and what's really unfortunate for you is that you'll never understand the difference.

Josh
Old 04-17-2010, 03:21 PM

none
Originally Posted by wankeldude

1 - They deny service
2 - You get a lawyer
4 - You go to court
+2 to someone who gets it.

Josh
Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
this is why i don't watch tv anymore.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
LZH
Banned

You know what else is great? You're so jealous of me and the fact that I have friends that like me for who I am that you need to try and break me down. Think about that. Do I ever just pop into your threads and call you an a-hole or a jerkoff or a liar? Yeah, not so much... Come to think if it, never. You want to know why? It's because I don't care about you. You, however, seem to have a serious infatuation with and are quite obviously envious of me.
Josh

LOL - yeah, you don't care about me or what I have to say in the least... If you didn't, you would have put me on your ignore list long ago when this all started. Despite what you may think about my mental wellbeing (or lack thereof), the simple fact is Josh, you know I was right long ago when you first posted about your tranny blowing up, and you blew your cover by yapping about it online. Seems your pride is on par with my ego...yet I don't let my ego get in the way of important financial decisions.
Good luck to you.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:25 PM

C63
sorry to go off topic but do MPH headers have the secondary Cats, I was under the impression they were straight pipe and didn't trip the emissions warning.
Thanks in advance
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dmyrick
sorry to go off topic but do MPH headers have the secondary Cats, I was under the impression they were straight pipe and didn't trip the emissions warning.
Thanks in advance
Whoaaaa what a subject change...LOL. Nice transition...
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by dmyrick
Thanks in advance
Are you serious with that dumbass question ??? And it's M H P not mph...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The 722.9 Transmission: A Love Story, by C63 Guy