Sponsored by:

driving experience, how do you deal with pos on the road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010c63
Originally Posted by miami1lt
I'm with you AMG88...I say F'em, and wait your turn on the road--I was here first!! And oh by the way, cut me off to be a dick and because I wasn't paying attention, you'll get a face load of C63 @ss as soon as I have the chance!

Survival of the fitest...if Man and Lion moved aside for a lesser beast, neither would be where it is today.

My attitude--if you decide it was worth it to cut me off, be prepared for my reaction--and you AREN'T going to like it!

Immature? No
Natural Selection? Yes

Cars = Egos...and if you say otherwise, you are lying. People don't buy an unnecessarily powerful $65K car just because they like the way it looks...BS!!!! You want to be able to uncork it everywhere!
i like the way you think and drive see you in the front of the group on the road but just gotta watch out for those speed traps hahha
Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM

2010c63
Originally Posted by blackc230benzo
No, it would come out again. I've test driven the c63 thoroughly. It's fun to drive no doubt, every second driving it puts a smile on any car enthusiasts face. But for me passing a lesser car isn't something I post on the internet when I get home. Passing an accord in a c63 is kind of like Usain Bolt outrunning me. Its kind of expected, probably wouldn't make him smile. I also understand that there are way nicer cars than the c63 on the road, so might as well stay humble to the ricers, is, 350z, sti out there. Like I said before, IMO passing, racing a car of similar or greater power is way more rewarding than overtaking an old lady in an accord.
oh btw it only put a smile on my first the very first time i was test driving it lol after that it's road rage with the 6.2L
Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2003 C230 coupe
Originally Posted by 2010c63AMG88
not if these accords and 350z r trying to mess with the c63, they shouldn't even bother trying, they should just let me pass instead of trying to race me at all(i think an accord v6 can easily smoke a c230) .. i think you are on the other side of the pond right now since people didn't really care about c230 on the road. oh btw this is not my first high performance car, it's like my fifth.! so i got alot more racing story in my past if you wanna hear them lol..
OMG yes, I want to hear about all of your high performance cars, it will impress all of us sooo much. But this is "like your 5th" high performance car, why not 7th. I would be more impressed with your racing stories then.

I agree with you on one point, if you want to get somewhere faster than someone else, they should let you pass. But not because you have a c63. simply because you want to go faster. If it was a case of a better car, then answer me this.

If an SL 65amg started racing you, would you and your c63( with about the same power diff as a c63 vs 350z) not even bother and just bow to the driver of the more expensive car?
According to your previous theory yes you would.

But since most 63 owners buy this car because of our love for power and speed, most of us might take a shot at keeping up with a faster car. And like I said earlier in this thread, most people that love power and speed loved it before they could step into 450hp. So that POS driver 350z is just an earlier version as you, and if all goes well a guy in a c65 or slr is just a you in the future.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:46 PM

oh btw it only put a smile on my first the very first time i was test driving it lol after that it's road rage with the 6.2L
BTW road rage will only hinder your driving. The brain is compromised when angry and judgement isn't at 100%. There is no place for rage on the roads, if people want to race on the street it shouldn't put other people in danger. If you want to rage go to the track, but you won't do as well as the driver who is calm and focused.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
If someone wants to pass me, I let them pass me.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
My DD is my 190e and I get passed all the time.

New Toy:

Looks great, Reg.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
^ Tks
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
not if these accords and 350z r trying to mess with the c63, they shouldn't even bother trying, they should just let me pass instead of trying to race me at all(i think an accord v6 can easily smoke a c230) .. i think you are on the other side of the pond right now since people didn't really care about c230 on the road. oh btw this is not my first high performance car, it's like my fifth.! so i got alot more racing story in my past if you wanna hear them lol..
Uh....No Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
I don't mind pulling to the right if someone is going faster. What I really hate is when someone just pulls in front of you on the highway and slows down. Some people really have no clue!!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by KCviper
What I really hate is when someone just pulls in front of you on the highway and slows down.
Especiallly when there are no cars in front of them.

My absolute FAVORITE thing to do, though, is race bicylists to show them how much more power I have over them. /sarcasm/
It's not even a contest.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:52 PM

no more AMG
Who cares. A modified POS is still a POS. Just like every kid out there who dumps thousands of dollars into a Civic, it's still a Civic. Most people expect someone who drives a MB to be an a**hole, I think thats why people do that.

Last edited by NickZag; 03-04-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by avengerboater

My absolute FAVORITE thing to do, though, is race bicylists to show them how much more power I have over them. /sarcasm/
Golden
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
if they signal, i usually back off the gas, never hit the brake though, if you gotta make me hit my brake i get pissed.

but if they signal and i let off the gas and give em room i let em in.

but i hate idiots that don't signal. wtf? its a courtesy statement saying... may i please come into this lane?

if they don't signal and kinda just jump in, i drop it in m mode and downshift and tear around them.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 PM

C63
i don't like to loose especially in our great amg's, it pisses me off if i just ignore these ricers evos sti 370/50z g35/7 rsx's trying to race with me or cut me off intentionally while i am in c63 that's some disrespect or jealousy.(if i ignore they will probably think that oh c63's don't dare to race my 350 or something lol) So i would just smoke them and gave myself a big smile on my face instead of getting myself feel uncomfortable. i don't know about you guys but i don't want to be a nice driver behind the wheels of this car and getting myself pissed off , there's a reason why i got a c63amg instead of some other luxury rides and until now this c63 is the fulfilling my driving experience.
sigh... what's going on in this forum?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM

C63
woo hold ur horses there c230, wait until ur c63 comes in and drive it around for a period of time as a daily driver and tell me the same thing again i bet it won't come out..
please, GTFO please.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
No matter what just be safe out there!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Survival of the fitest...if Man and Lion moved aside for a lesser beast, neither would be where it is today.

Immature? No
Natural Selection? Yes
People are animals. yeah, Duh. But you and the OP appear to be no more evolved than your average primate. Only difference is you have 451HP with an MB badge instead of a pile of poo to throw around.

Originally Posted by wuyichao
sigh... what's going on in this forum?

so I'm a jerk. BUT COME ON MAN! do you have any idea................................. I sense another epic thread........ are you the guy who crashed someone else's C63 last week?

Last edited by Hans Delbruck; 03-03-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM

c63 amg
Originally Posted by avengerboater
I think I've mistakenly signed up for m3post instead of mbworld. Oh, wait...
+1

just chill

BTW you never know what crazys you are dealing with.

Some people don't mind raming their cars into yours or worse...
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
cek

'10 C63 AMG P31, '88 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe, '78 Toyota FJ40, '10 Audi Q7 TDi
This is what happens to dolts like the OP eventually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16Gf49CFzg

Sorry, but "competing" on the open road like you are suggesting is simply idiotic, immature, and guaranteed to get someone (an innocent likely) hurt.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
People are animals. yeah, Duh. But you and the OP appear to be no more evolved than your average primate. Only difference is you have 451HP with an MB badge instead of a pile of poo to throw around.
Well, here's the deal. I don't disagree that man and primate aren't much different...however. My concern isn't that I blow off everybody else because I can. My concern is that if some dillweed cuts me off, I'm going to do the same back. Hopefully they learn a lesson...if not, so be it...I did my part.

I agree with infantry really (after reading more of AMG88's posts)...but if you are kind enough to signal (or in HI, throw out a "shaka") we are all good...but if you just decided irrationally to try and ruin my day...well, that's a different story.

The attitude of "ignore them, they'll go away" worked in the 3rd grade...but not in the real world...problems don't go away with time. I'm sure most of you are business minded...ever hear the "bad news doesn't get any better with time?" That is the same thing...bad people won't get better over time, they need action.

I appreciate the "adults" in here who say..."Ahhh, I just let'em go". I said the same thing about the guys strapping bombs to themselves at first...glad we decided against that. People who intimidate on the road are road terrorists...

Last edited by miami1lt; 03-04-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
LOL @ Hans.

Infantry: You wouldn't like driving in Vegas. You could be driving down the road at the PSL of 45 mph (with only one car space between you and the vehicle in front) and someone will still cut in without signaling. People suck here in Vegas.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Sincity
LOL @ Hans.

Infantry: You wouldn't like driving in Vegas. You could be driving down the road at the PSL of 45 mph (with only one car space between you and the vehicle in front) and someone will still cut in without signaling. People suck here in Vegas.
Sin, whose drivin on the strip man? That's a walk-only place for sure...not only will they cut you off, but its the only place in the world where cars have the right away...

Plus, when walking, you get a bunch of underpaid (well, maybe over) skinny lookin dudes clicking **** club passes in your face...that is WAY worse than getting cut off...

On second thought, I'd rather drive the strip!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 AM

2010c63
Originally Posted by blackc230benzo
OMG yes, I want to hear about all of your high performance cars, it will impress all of us sooo much. But this is "like your 5th" high performance car, why not 7th. I would be more impressed with your racing stories then.

I agree with you on one point, if you want to get somewhere faster than someone else, they should let you pass. But not because you have a c63. simply because you want to go faster. If it was a case of a better car, then answer me this.

If an SL 65amg started racing you, would you and your c63( with about the same power diff as a c63 vs 350z) not even bother and just bow to the driver of the more expensive car?
According to your previous theory yes you would.

But since most 63 owners buy this car because of our love for power and speed, most of us might take a shot at keeping up with a faster car. And like I said earlier in this thread, most people that love power and speed loved it before they could step into 450hp. So that POS driver 350z is just an earlier version as you, and if all goes well a guy in a c65 or slr is just a you in the future.
you have no idea, i never tried to race the 350z. just trying to make a pass and he started downshifting and flooring it that is just wrong. that's a b*t*h move right there. one time i was trying to merge on to the road and i saw a space to merge but this camaro z28 with their shix box sounding exhaust tried to speed up (trying to say hey don't get in front of me get behind me) is there a jealousy going on with these drivers? cuz my amg got bigger engine then them lol or r they just trying to show their testosterone levels.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:30 AM

2010c63
Originally Posted by c63canada
+1

just chill

BTW you never know what crazys you are dealing with.

Some people don't mind raming their cars into yours or worse...
oh u didn't get the fully comprehensive insurance
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 AM

2010c63
Well, here's the deal. I don't disagree that man and primate aren't much different...however. My concern isn't that I blow off everybody else because I can. My concern is that if some dillweed cuts me off, I'm going to do the same back. Hopefully they learn a lesson...if not, so be it...I did my part.

I agree with infantry really (after reading more of AMG88's posts)...but if you are kind enough to signal (or in HI, throw out a "shaka") we are all good...but if you just decided irrationally to try and ruin my day...well, that's a different story.

The attitude of "ignore them, they'll go away" worked in the 3rd grade...but not in the real world...problems don't go away with time. I'm sure most of you are business minded...ever hear the "bad news doesn't get any better with time?" That is the same thing...bad people won't get better over time, they need action.

I appreciate the "adults" in here who say..."Ahhh, I just let'em go". I said the same thing about the guys strapping bombs to themselves at first...glad we decided against that. People who intimidate on the road are road terrorists...
agreed! these road al qaeda should be served!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: driving experience, how do you deal with pos on the road