Sponsored by:

Mthis's best 1/4 mile time 11.576 at 121.18

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sflgator
Okay, but some of the MHP cars are the most highly modded C63's out there...e.g. - Dad's C63 has the MHP V3 ecu/tcu flash tune, catless LT headers, race ported heads, 3" catless race exhaust, Carbonio Air Box, Thermalnator intake gaskets, etc.

Also, I wonder if Dad's C63 also either has an upgraded TQ/Stall Converter with a push-button start that allows him to launch the car for massive TQ launches for 1.6x sec. 60ft. (on DRs of course)? I know that he's not always the driver; it's usually some other very experienced drag strip race car driver. Also, do these cars also have a fully locked differential as well? I mean...I go to the strip maybe 1-2 x/year on my street tires as I have a full-time career, a family, and much more important things to do and spend my $$ on.

Without taking anything away from Dad's C63 or anyone else here (as we all are excited to see our cars run so friggin fast ), let's face it...some of these cars are really just "tuner sponsored" drag cars, driven around from drag strip to drag strip on a flatbed truck.

I for one, drive my lightly modded C63 AMG as a DD, ~ 25k mi./year and just don't feel the need to invest tens of thousands of dollars into my car so it can go .05-1.0 sec. faster at the 1/4 mi. drag strip. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As superlubricity said, there are other C63 AMG tuners out there that have made similar 1/4 mi. runs and I bet they too can make the C63 AMG faster as well with some additional mods. Yes it's true that MHP seems to be producing some of the fastest and quickest C63's out there, but again, I think everyone should look at the mods and all the other drag strip factors like the drag strips themselves (which vary in the kinds of 1/4 mi. ET's and Traps ppl get) to weather conditions, etc.

Just trying to put it all into perspective. Great runs!!! Cheers!
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but let's not begin assuming things about other ppl's cars without actually knowing facts.

Like Dads have stated, his car is a DD, and you can't really argue against 22,000 miles on an 09 car.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Originally Posted by sflgator
Okay, but some of the MHP cars are the most highly modded C63's out there...e.g. - Dad's C63 has the MHP V3 ecu/tcu flash tune, catless LT headers, race ported heads, 3" catless race exhaust, Carbonio Air Box, Thermalnator intake gaskets, etc.

Also, I wonder if Dad's C63 also either has an upgraded TQ/Stall Converter with a push-button start that allows him to launch the car for massive TQ launches for 1.6x sec. 60ft. (on DRs of course)? I know that he's not always the driver; it's usually some other very experienced drag strip race car driver. Also, do these cars also have a fully locked differential as well? I mean...I go to the strip maybe 1-2 x/year on my street tires as I have a full-time career, a family, and much more important things to do and spend my $$ on.

Without taking anything away from Dad's C63 or anyone else here (as we all are excited to see our cars run so friggin fast ), let's face it...some of these cars are really just "tuner sponsored" drag cars, driven around from drag strip to drag strip on a flatbed truck.

I for one, drive my lightly modded C63 AMG as a DD, ~ 25k mi./year and just don't feel the need to invest tens of thousands of dollars into my car so it can go .05-1.0 sec. faster at the 1/4 mi. drag strip. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As superlubricity said, there are other C63 AMG tuners out there that have made similar 1/4 mi. runs and I bet they too can make the C63 AMG faster as well with some additional mods. Yes it's true that MHP seems to be producing some of the fastest and quickest C63's out there, but again, I think everyone should look at the mods and all the other drag strip factors like the drag strips themselves (which vary in the kinds of 1/4 mi. ET's and Traps ppl get) to weather conditions, etc.

Just trying to put it all into perspective. Great runs!!! Cheers!
Fist off, as the other driver of Keith's car. I've never claimed to be " a highly experienced drag race driver", but if that works I'll take it. So if anyone else out there needs "a highly experienced drag race driver" for their car, please feel free to ask.

As for the whole family and career thing goes. Both of us have been doing this for a VERY long time, and wouldn't be involved with the sport without the support of both our jobs AND family (both with wives and kids). Once again don't try this at home.... we are professionals.

And with your 25K miles on your car you beat Keith by 3K miles. Good job. You must love driving it, because this one barely sits still.

And to agree with you, other tuners "COULD" pobably make more mods and be faster.... so do it. I know tuners are always looking for reasons to big bigger and faster, and MHP is no exception.

And last, as for different tracks and conditions go. You are completely right. We do travel to several tracks, OK SO WHAT??? Many other racers do the same thing.

P.S. on a side note, do you have a Florida vanity plateon your car, that reads SNIPER??? If so I think I saw you after leaving Bradenton a few weeks back. You know on 1 of our fast track location excursions.

As Keith said, next time you see us out, feel free to come by and say HI. I might even give you an autograph.

Don't take this sport too serious. It's all in fun.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by benscott01
Fist off, as the other driver of Keith's car. I've never claimed to be " a highly experienced drag race driver", but if that works I'll take it. So if anyone else out there needs "a highly experienced drag race driver" for their car, please feel free to ask.

As for the whole family and career thing goes. Both of us have been doing this for a VERY long time, and wouldn't be involved with the sport without the support of both our jobs AND family (both with wives and kids). Once again don't try this at home.... we are professionals.

And with your 25K miles on your car you beat Keith by 3K miles. Good job. You must love driving it, because this one barely sits still.

And to agree with you, other tuners "COULD" pobably make more mods and be faster.... so do it. I know tuners are always looking for reasons to big bigger and faster, and MHP is no exception.

And last, as for different tracks and conditions go. You are completely right. We do travel to several tracks, OK SO WHAT??? Many other racers do the same thing.

P.S. on a side note, do you have a Florida vanity plateon your car, that reads SNIPER??? If so I think I saw you after leaving Bradenton a few weeks back. You know on 1 of our fast track location excursions.

As Keith said, next time you see us out, feel free to come by and say HI. I might even give you an autograph.

Don't take this sport too serious. It's all in fun.
I currently have 17k mi. on my car, which I've had for less than 8 months; I use it everyday for work, and no, that wasn't me in Bradenton. I do not have a FL vanity plate...just a front "euro" plate to cover up the front license plate holes made by the VA dealer I bought the car from, mine says "SFLaGator."

And, no, I don't take any of this so seriously; it's definitely all fun to me...just not as frequent as you guys.

Last edited by sflgator; 03-08-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:21 PM

STS, Tahoe, Suzuki, and C63
Sounds good. Yeah, I saw another black C down in Bradenton. Thought it have been you.