Help choosing wheels for the dragstrip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Help choosing wheels for the dragstrip

I am absolutely not hunting to buy a full set of rims, I just need a pair of used cheap lightweight rims so that I can put a set of Mickey thompsons or BF Goodrich T/A II drag radials or similar and hit the dragstrip..

Has anyone tried grabbing a pair of C300 factory optional double spoke AMG wheels?, what are these like 18x9" also? if so that might be the cheapest way around, I just can't find many 5-112 light weight rims at all.

I had a set of cheap light Kosei K1(17x9") from my prior car and they were awesome $165 each and only 16.8lbs. Can you help me to find the correct wheel?(cheap and light). What is the smallest you can go on the back to clear the calipers? 17"? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
After months of search I can't seem to find something that I like. My ideal set up is a pair of light rims with a pair of sticky tires. There are so many manufacturers of light weight rims for all the cars in the world but Mercedes Benz chose this weird a$s wheel pattern and the market has bery limited choices.

If you run into a light set of rims please share with me, I am still looking for it.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
What size, width, and offset do you want? I used to run Kosei's, you could run 18x9 with 265 40 18 MT ET Street Radial. Not sure what offset the C63 uses in the rear though. I was just looking at some Enkei RPF1's, cheap and light. I have a dedicated set of CCW's for 1/4 mile racing in my car. Some of the 55 guys run the old CLK320 wheel but thats a 16", dunno if that clears the C63 rear brakes. The smaller the wheel you run the more sidewall you can get and better traction