C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Post Sale Anxienty.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 BMW M3 White/Black
Post Sale Anxienty.

Yup, that's right Post-SALE anxiety. I had my C63 up on Swapalease for about 4 months and someone finally took over the lease. Now that I am delivering the vehicle in a few days, I am SO sad to see it go. It was Palladium Silver with Black AMG Leather. OPTIONS included: P02: Premium Package, 318: AMG Leather Package, 320: Multimedia Package, 057: iPod Integration Kit, 359: TeleAid.

I leased my C63 21 months ago and at full sticker...$1237/month all-in, which was standard at the time. IF...I were to get another one similarly equiped (almost loaded w/15K miles/yr), what do you think it would run for a lease given the larger discounts that exist nowadays?

The original intention was to get down to a single AWD vehicle that I can actually drive throughout the Winter, but now I am having Seller's remorse. Going into the garage right now to do one last cold start

Last edited by mcc3456; 03-11-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
Extremely tough to sell my Viper. Although I really miss it, I have no regrets since I get to drive the C63 daily. There seem to be some pretty good deals to be had. You might want to consider buying pre-owned with under 10K miles. You will save a lot, get a great car and someone else will take the first depreciation hit! GL.....
Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Do you have to lease or can you just buy? Lexus has AWD, Acura has AWD cars,Audi and BMW also have AWD cars and they are good quality. If you want a really good quality/fun car get a new Evo X MR touring package or an Acura TL AWD , it comes loaded.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by mcc3456
I am SO sad to see it go.

The good thing is you are making some else very happy.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
Not sure what the lease options would be, but I bought my 09 C63 with only 4,900 miles fully loaded for only $50,000 after taxes.

If your looking into AWD, maybe check out the Audi S4? I have an A4 and love it. The S4 isn't as quick as the C63, but it's still a nice car. You could also look for a used RS4.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 AM

MB GLK 350 4matic(FOR SALE), 2010 C 63 AMG(FOR SALE)
mcc-I should have traded you my 09 Audi S5 AWD I have up for sale for your C 63.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
It's those dark moments when you lay in bed wondering WHAT THE F**K DID I JUST DO? I think for any C63 owner, EVERYTIME they get in they never regret what they have. You can always look into another with low mileage...they are around.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I feel your pain Sorry for the loss. I too am selling my C63. Had a buyer and I was taken through the ringer for over a month while he tried to get financing, which eventually fell through

You'll move on to something else!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
omg...why is everyone getting rid of their C63????

well sorry to hear about your C63 dude, im sure youll find another c63 to fall in love wuit ;-)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Hey, why dont you buy Taylormans??
Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 AM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
Originally Posted by NickZag
Not sure what the lease options would be, but I bought my 09 C63 with only 4,900 miles fully loaded for only $50,000 after taxes.

If your looking into AWD, maybe check out the Audi S4? I have an A4 and love it. The S4 isn't as quick as the C63, but it's still a nice car. You could also look for a used RS4.
I also have a 2000 ML430 with 110K miles on it, but being in New England and having an 8 and 10 year old plus dog, I found myself using the old SUV more. C63 sat for 2 Winters. Finally found a taker for my lease after I subsidized the payment with $3,200. Was an awesome deal for him $992/month. Pristine car with 17,200 miles, pretty loaded, and since I had not driven much, had 1,600 miles/month of driving allowance left over the remaining 22 months. DUH!! Should have kept it, especially now that it is Spring time.

Reason for off-loading was two-fold, not enough utilization and sucky traction snow/rain/and dry weather. Really hope AMG starts putting fatter rear tires on the next gen, especially if it gets the new 5.5 blown engine.

Am very interested in the new RS5, but really hope a new RS4 comes out soon. Can hold off for a little while but not more than 12 months before pulling the trigger again.

Loved the C63 overall. Much better than M3, S4, and IS-F. Really head and shoulders above them in looks and general ownership. Take care, guys
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 AM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I feel your pain Sorry for the loss. I too am selling my C63. Had a buyer and I was taken through the ringer for over a month while he tried to get financing, which eventually fell through

You'll move on to something else!
Hang in there, economy's turning, and new ones are much more expensive now. Same car as mine is about $2-3K higher, so yours will seem like a deal to the right buyer.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:08 AM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Do you have to lease or can you just buy? Lexus has AWD, Acura has AWD cars,Audi and BMW also have AWD cars and they are good quality. If you want a really good quality/fun car get a new Evo X MR touring package or an Acura TL AWD , it comes loaded.
All of those pale in comparison to the C63. The only ones that might make sense are an S4 or new 535xi. Evo is cool but a kids car. I want something a bit more upscale. Might even look at the revised X5 and new Touareg. More power and better fuel economy than old versions.

FYI...S4 owners are having just as many mechanical problems as the 335i owners were. Shocking to see, but kind of funny since they were all trashing the 335i's fuel and water pump problems. Now they are experiencing the same and some rear diff issues. KARMA??
Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM

335i, 899, 750li, the titanic
All of those pale in comparison to the C63. The only ones that might make sense are an S4 or new 535xi. Evo is cool but a kids car. I want something a bit more upscale. Might even look at the revised X5 and new Touareg. More power and better fuel economy than old versions.

FYI...S4 owners are having just as many mechanical problems as the 335i owners were. Shocking to see, but kind of funny since they were all trashing the 335i's fuel and water pump problems. Now they are experiencing the same and some rear diff issues. KARMA??
im a massive audi head and this is all news to me? i havent seen anything on audizine or audiworld, you care to share details?

from what i gather, the B8 S4/5 is just as reliabile as the C63
Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 PM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
im a massive audi head and this is all news to me? i havent seen anything on audizine or audiworld, you care to share details?

from what i gather, the B8 S4/5 is just as reliabile as the C63
Just relaying the comments I read on AudiWorld a few days ago. Seemed like there were 5-8 complaint threads in a row started by different people. It sort of scared me away, that and the fact that even though it is a great deal for what you get, it is still underpowered in my opinion, having driven one VERY thoroughly. Been waiting for a true ECU reflash, but seems only piggybacks are available and even though they show increased horsepower, car is barely quicker...like .2 - .3 seconds quicker to 60 MPH.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 AM

Just relaying the comments I read on AudiWorld a few days ago. Seemed like there were 5-8 complaint threads in a row started by different people. It sort of scared me away, that and the fact that even though it is a great deal for what you get, it is still underpowered in my opinion, having driven one VERY thoroughly. Been waiting for a true ECU reflash, but seems only piggybacks are available and even though they show increased horsepower, car is barely quicker...like .2 - .3 seconds quicker to 60 MPH.
theres been 3 confirmed fuel rail misalignments

theres also 1 thread on audiworld

i dont think its fair to spread mis-information, it doesnt help the communities of either fans of these makes.

and MTM isnt a realistic solution, wait for apr and giac. and ps, stasis parts come with warranties that pick up the slack from oem
Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 AM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
ya never know how much you love something till it's gone. But, there will be others
Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 PM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
theres been 3 confirmed fuel rail misalignments

theres also 1 thread on audiworld

i dont think its fair to spread mis-information, it doesnt help the communities of either fans of these makes.

and MTM isnt a realistic solution, wait for apr and giac. and ps, stasis parts come with warranties that pick up the slack from oem
Misinformation??

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777799

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2776300

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777805

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777548

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777496

I logged on to AudiWorld a week ago and read two separate threads: 1.) about some owner having his whole rear differential seize up and Audi was not going to cover it after having trouble getting out of a snow banking post snow storm, and 2.) a different bunch of posters complaining of either Water Pump or Fuel Pump failures.

The responses to their posts were riddled with other people complaining of similar issues. I am actually considering an S4 because I really need the AWD for a primary driver, but was a bit frightened by what I heard. That is the straight word, Bro! Take another perusal of AudiWorld because you must have missed those particular posts.

Last edited by mcc3456; 03-16-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Misinformation??

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777799

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2776300

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777805

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777548

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2777496

I logged on to AudiWorld a week ago and read two separate threads: 1.) about some owner having his whole rear differential seize up and Audi was not going to cover it after having trouble getting out of a snow banking post snow storm, and 2.) a different bunch of posters complaining of either Water Pump or Fuel Pump failures.

The responses to their posts were riddled with other people complaining of similar issues. I am actually considering an S4 because I really need the AWD for a primary driver, but was a bit frightened by what I heard. That is the straight word, Bro! Take another perusal of AudiWorld because you must have missed those particular posts.

their responses are all within 5 posters but ill play with your sudden sant to misinformation

1. the 2 diff threads are software related

2. the water pump, had a coolant leak, and then never posted again. some one chimed in with their problems, thing is audi already fixed the "water pump issue" by replacing the coolant cap. take your guess who's at fault.

3. the transmission car sounds like a lemon.

4. the "s4 rear diff problem" sounds like the driver hit a curb or cooked his diff. i dont care what the car, if u do whats described in the thread, you are gonna **** something up. he should have gotten out and dug himself out instead of moving back and forth.

5. the pan leaking? really? this is worthy of mentioning, its only had 4 posts in it

look, im gonna say this now, no matter what car comes out, noobs with 3 or 4 posts are gonna come on the site and ***** and moan about it. it happened in this very section when the c63 came out. and with audiworld, no matter what the car, it seems to attract that *****es of the audi community.

try audizine, and see how that goes for ya. but instead of reading tag lines, thread the thread. there are plenty of happy b8 s4 owners.

and for the record, when my b7 gets replaced, i'm personally gonna struggle with choosing a b8 s4 or a c63, but what im not going to do, is slant or slander either or on a public forum.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 PM

2015 BMW M3 White/Black
their responses are all within 5 posters but ill play with your sudden sant to misinformation

1. the 2 diff threads are software related

2. the water pump, had a coolant leak, and then never posted again. some one chimed in with their problems, thing is audi already fixed the "water pump issue" by replacing the coolant cap. take your guess who's at fault.

3. the transmission car sounds like a lemon.

4. the "s4 rear diff problem" sounds like the driver hit a curb or cooked his diff. i dont care what the car, if u do whats described in the thread, you are gonna **** something up. he should have gotten out and dug himself out instead of moving back and forth.

5. the pan leaking? really? this is worthy of mentioning, its only had 4 posts in it

look, im gonna say this now, no matter what car comes out, noobs with 3 or 4 posts are gonna come on the site and ***** and moan about it. it happened in this very section when the c63 came out. and with audiworld, no matter what the car, it seems to attract that *****es of the audi community.

try audizine, and see how that goes for ya. but instead of reading tag lines, thread the thread. there are plenty of happy b8 s4 owners.

and for the record, when my b7 gets replaced, i'm personally gonna struggle with choosing a b8 s4 or a c63, but what im not going to do, is slant or slander either or on a public forum.
Just for the record, I am no C63 Fan Boy. I loved mine, but I recognized certain flaws, although after further consideration, I could have lived with them for the all the other benefits that the C63 affords.

I would hardly call listing those posts as slander. I have heard from others in my local area that there have been a few issues, so personally I am in wait and see mode on the S4. I am kind of gravitating back towards a 335xi with a few "enhancements", but I am certain that will change if Audi announces the new RS4 shortly after the RS5 release.

If you don't need the winter traction, I would stick with the C63. It really is superior in every regard based on my ownership experience and time in the seat of the new S4. The S4 is an AWD vs RWD decision...and perhaps economics if that is an issue for some.

Good luck, either way you go!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Just for the record, I am no C63 Fan Boy. I loved mine, but I recognized certain flaws, although after further consideration, I could have lived with them for the all the other benefits that the C63 affords.

I would hardly call listing those posts as slander. I have heard from others in my local area that there have been a few issues, so personally I am in wait and see mode on the S4. I am kind of gravitating back towards a 335xi with a few "enhancements", but I am certain that will change if Audi announces the new RS4 shortly after the RS5 release.

If you don't need the winter traction, I would stick with the C63. It really is superior in every regard based on my ownership experience and time in the seat of the new S4. The S4 is an AWD vs RWD decision...and perhaps economics if that is an issue for some.

Good luck, either way you go!
u missed the point i was making. AW is more at fault than anything else, its a rarely covered forum, but its the one that owners with a beef run to, so its all miserable threads. look every car has its issues, no question, but going to a forum not typically covered is a "good" source.

either way, 335xi is a nice ride, but the new model is around the corner, so residuals are gonna suffer. id still drive an s4 after the buzz of a C63 wears off.

ps, dont get ADS and im convinced the b8 is rock solid