Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results :: Before and After :: Stock to GT PRO Single X-Pipe :: 2010 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
He got the PLMs for a very good price. My guess is sub $1k. Brian probably worked a deal on the X-Pipe. Guys like Superlubricity get good deals when they agree to do a write-up. You create a thread that gets a lot of views and are active on the forums, vendors take notice.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
He got the PLMs for a very good price. My guess is sub $1k. Brian probably worked a deal on the X-Pipe. Guys like Superlubricity get good deals when they agree to do a write-up. You create a thread that gets a lot of views and are active on the forums, vendors take notice.

Being pretty much their first customer he paid just shy of $2000 for the manifolds, he talks about it in this thread on page 1. And that was a "very very cheap price" as he said, being one of the first. So i wonder how much are they going to be retail.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
If you have to spend more than 2K for these, say close to 3K, you'd be better off just to get LTs.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
So many questions and a couple poor assumptions.

Originally Posted by REDSRT
Superlubricity---Just wondering why your slowy putting a puzzle together, this mod that mod this mod that mod. Wouldn't just make more sense if you just do what your buddy Avenger did, and just get the MHP longtubes and get it over with?. Or are you trying to find other sources of power for a cheaper price than MHP's pricing. Just seems you already spent a tons of money on dynos and miscellanous mods. Just asking
1) I really enjoy the research aspect. I consider it a hobby.
2) Long Tube headers are freakishly loud. I've been able to hear two different sets of MHPs; with and without cats. No doubt the catless versions make gobs of power/torque. The problem to me is the very high cost and no real reversibility in terms of sound attenuation. Yes you can throw some high-flow cats in there, but it's still WAY too loud and permanent for my taste. I'd like to find a solution that meets my needs. I'm working on it. Maybe someone else will like what I come up with.
3) I appreciate your concern for what Ive spent but you are way off with your comparison.

I, for one, appreciate what he is doing. He is creating choices for us. For me, it is difficult to stomach the cost of what vendors are charging for LTs.
Thanks.

I agree, and appreciate what he is doing also, but im just saying, putting all of his mix n match mods togther plus labor pretty comes out to the same price as MHP or close enough? Or maybe I am missing something. I mean he has the K1-$1500, PLM manifolds-$2500, X-Pipe-$600, plus labor and more mods coming. Its great that he has the time and ***** to all this, and that's very cool, but i was just curious
Again, way off in terms of what I've spent. You seem hell-bent on doing math with the wrong numbers.

Being pretty much their first customer he paid just shy of $2000 for the manifolds, he talks about it in this thread on page 1. And that was a "very very cheap price" as he said, being one of the first. So i wonder how much are they going to be retail.
MSRP for the PLM manifolds is $1995. Again, I previously said I paid no where near that amount. Like, not even close.

Let's abandon the "What I paid" conversation and enjoy the data I'm providing. There is a lot more coming and I hope the community benefits.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Yeah...super does some good testing.

I think maybe pri cat delete with straight pipes would make a fair amount of power, especially $$$/hp compared to long tubes. And he's right about the loudness, you have to hear one on the dyno.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:23 AM

C63 AMG
Supposedly the European version of the C63 AMG does not have secondary cats. Does anyone have a picture of the stock undercarriage of a European C63 AMG? I will get the Evosport secondary cat delete with high flow resonators, but I believe the setup has the x-pipe after the resonators. We really need pictures of the Euro cars undercarriage.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:16 AM

C63 AMG
Yes, catless LTs are loud, especially at WOT on a dyno where the sound can reverberate off the walls. But if you're gonna delete all four cats, you won't sound stock either. I'm curious to see how loud it gets with mids with cat deletes...especially if it's bigger piping. If you want sound suppression, you will have to sacrifice some power for it. What super is looking for is the perfect middle-ground between achieving respectable power gains with as modest of an increase in sound.

I commend super for trying to piece together parts and pieces to fit his goals. If he succeeds in meeting his goals, then the end result would be the C63 community benefiting from it. And you guys are really way off in trying to guess the $$$ he spent on his project. I'd just take his advice: not worry about the $$$ and just welcome the results (bad or good).

It is true that there are those of us, like me, who wants to buy a product that has been proven time and time again in independent tests. MHP makes a set of LT that is both reversible and has shown to yield great gains on and off the tracks...and to some ppl, we are more assured in purchasing such an item rather than "frankensteining" a similar product in hopes of accomplishing the same feat. I'm not saying that super is trying to match what other LTs are putting down, he is simply trying out an idea that he's had from the beginning to see where it takes him. Trust me when I say that super has gone through many theories, tests, and research in doing what he's doing...and he's not done yet. Not everyone has the time and patience to do this, and the ones who do are doing a great deed for the other owners and will forever be applauded for it.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerboater
Yes, catless LTs are loud, especially at WOT on a dyno where the sound can reverberate off the walls. But if you're gonna delete all four cats, you won't sound stock either. I'm curious to see how loud it gets with mids with cat deletes...especially if it's bigger piping. If you want sound suppression, you will have to sacrifice some power for it. What super is looking for is the perfect middle-ground between achieving respectable power gains with as modest of an increase in sound.

I commend super for trying to piece together parts and pieces to fit his goals. If he succeeds in meeting his goals, then the end result would be the C63 community benefiting from it. And you guys are really way off in trying to guess the $$$ he spent on his project. I'd just take his advice: not worry about the $$$ and just welcome the results (bad or good).

It is true that there are those of us, like me, who wants to buy a product that has been proven time and time again in independent tests. MHP makes a set of LT that is both reversible and has shown to yield great gains on and off the tracks...and to some ppl, we are more assured in purchasing such an item rather than "frankensteining" a similar product in hopes of accomplishing the same feat. I'm not saying that super is trying to match what other LTs are putting down, he is simply trying out an idea that he's had from the beginning to see where it takes him. Trust me when I say that super has gone through many theories, tests, and research in doing what he's doing...and he's not done yet. Not everyone has the time and patience to do this, and the ones who do are doing a great deed for the other owners and will forever be applauded for it.

BTW, it's going to be super-loud when all four cats are deleted. I'd only use that state for track days. The beauty is I will be able to swap back in the primary cats in my garage in a few minutes. Only three bolts per side. This is the "reversibility" I'm after.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:32 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by superlubricity

BTW, it's going to be super-loud when all four cats are deleted. I'd only use that state for track days. The beauty is I will be able to swap back in the primary cats in my garage in a few minutes. Only three bolts per side. This is the "reversibility" I'm after.

Holy grail, man. Holy grail.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Holy grail, man. Holy grail.
LOL, I'm hoping so.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 AM

2007 SRT8 Charger, 09' C63
Originally Posted by superlubricity
So many questions and a couple poor assumptions.

1) I really enjoy the research aspect. I consider it a hobby.
2) Long Tube headers are freakishly loud. I've been able to hear two different sets of MHPs; with and without cats. No doubt the catless versions make gobs of power/torque. The problem to me is the very high cost and no real reversibility in terms of sound attenuation. Yes you can throw some high-flow cats in there, but it's still WAY too loud and permanent for my taste. I'd like to find a solution that meets my needs. I'm working on it. Maybe someone else will like what I come up with.
3) I appreciate your concern for what Ive spent but you are way off with your comparison.

Thanks.

Again, way off in terms of what I've spent. You seem hell-bent on doing math with the wrong numbers.

MSRP for the PLM manifolds is $1995. Again, I previously said I paid no where near that amount. Like, not even close.

Let's abandon the "What I paid" conversation and enjoy the data I'm providing. There is a lot more coming and I hope the community benefits.

Congrats! I applaud you! Keep doing what your doing. And sorry for asking questions.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:28 AM

C63 AMG
No harm in asking questions, man.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
Besides, I need super to do these independent tests, as I'm right behind him on the K1 and GTPRO X (although I'm going Double-X, since I want to delete the resonator for the X--and got a good deal from Brian).

I was at 420whp with the K1, and without the PLM headers, am hoping to gain a bit more than you did with the X-pipe...so, I should be around 430-435whp when all said and done, I hope. If that's the case, I'll be $2.5K shipped/installed at 525-530hp at the crank. That works out to 15whp for every $500...I'll take that all day! That is way better than what people are getting with LT headers w/ cost-bias.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If PLM wants to stay competitive, they need to price their logs around the $1k mark. Othwerise, you could go K2 (assuming the log is larger than PLM's based on pics) that incl the high flow cats. Hey PLM, you hear that? I know you are watching this thread.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
I would like to see a compare between long tubes and the Kleeman/PLM log with straight pipe/no pri cat.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Even Money
I would like to see a compare between long tubes and the Kleeman/PLM log with straight pipe/no pri cat.

If superlube gets his mids, then you will see such a comparison on the same dyno as both cars.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Yes, catless LTs are loud, especially at WOT on a dyno where the sound can reverberate off the walls.
For reference, here's avengerboater's car on the dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA4h...eature=related

his car and my car were the only ones that were fully catless...i believe NRGY's had sport cats but was still really loud.

Beltfedbob's car sounded almost completely stock, but just louder and he had both sets of cats on and still produced 475? hp at the wheels.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 AM

C63 AMG
Woot for sound clips!!!

Surprisingly, it sounds pretty tame on video. And nrgy's car sounds louder than mine on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O280b4CE690

Or maybe not...

Last edited by avengerboater; 03-24-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When will Brian have the DP ready for you? I would really like to see the gains from the DP replacement.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

When will Brian have the DP ready for you? I would really like to see the gains from the DP replacement.
Quoting Brian from another thread regarding the same question:

Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
working on something very nice at the moment, please be patient
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

New video/sound clip -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlmf2zPvl4
Old 05-13-2010, 04:15 AM

2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
Originally Posted by pflaummark63
Supposedly the European version of the C63 AMG does not have secondary cats. Does anyone have a picture of the stock undercarriage of a European C63 AMG? I will get the Evosport secondary cat delete with high flow resonators, but I believe the setup has the x-pipe after the resonators. We really need pictures of the Euro cars undercarriage.
I will try to snap a few pics of my undercarriage but not sure it will be possible to tell without a lift. Euro 2010 model by the way.

Ken
Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by KEMA
I will try to snap a few pics of my undercarriage but not sure it will be possible to tell without a lift. Euro 2010 model by the way.

Ken
Ken,
That would be great as we have learned a few things about the EURO differences, first item was the EURO air box lids.

MachC5
Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG Arctic w/ Stage 1 Tune, DoubleXX pipe, MCD-631X coming soon
Originally Posted by KEMA

Ken
From what I know they are the same, as I have been selling into Europe/Middle east.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 PM

W211 E63
Wonder if most of the gain came from removing of the secondary cats than the X itself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results :: Before and After :: Stock to GT PRO Single X-Pipe :: 2010 C63