Maximum HP from Stock C63 Chip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG 2009
Maximum HP from Stock C63 Chip

Hello all,

My car dealer (Motorwerks of Barrington IL) has a Mercedes aftermarket parts department. My C63 has 8800 miles on it and I asked the manager of this department what I could do to maximize the horsepower on my 2009 C63. He said that once the car reaches 10,000K, he could re-program the stock chip (governer) to put out 518 horsepower. He says that by doing this, I will still retain the factory warranty because the work is being done at the car dealer where I bought the car.

In thinking this over, I know that a stock 2009 S63 has the same engine as mine and that the sticker price indicates that it puts out 518HP (stock). Since this is true, do you think the sales manager is being honest in being able to get 518HP out of the C63 with no other mods? I am asking this question because I see aftermarket mods (on the web) such as Renntech Carbon Fiber cold air intakes and other mods that allow the C63 to get up to 520HP. I wonder why someone would go through all that trouble if all you need to do is re-program the chip.

I am no expert at making aftermarket upgrades since this is my first high performance car. Furthermore, is it possible that my car dealer could re-program the chip to put out 518HP and if I do the Renntech upgrade I could get even more HP? Finally, if I am going to do aftermarket, I am deciding to go all out. Any suggestions for headers (MHP??), exhaust, and any other upgrades I can make? I have seen My goal is to get the maximum HP out of the 6.3 AMG engine without boring out the cylinders or doing anything that would permanently alter the engine which could result in engine failure. I am low on money now but decided to make plans while the car is still young and stock. When I get more money, I plan to make the best mods possible to maximize performance out of the stock engine...

Thanks...Squirrel...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
The dealers are a knife of double edge. Some of them offers aftermarket parts but when things go wrong they take no time to blame on the failure by saying the aftermarket caused the issues.

Many people had their dealers do the aftermarket work but it is on your own risk. As far is the HP, well, the average tune gets you no less than 40-45whp which somehow would translate into around 515-525hp crank. My .2c