Sponsored by:

Buying a C63 Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 330I
Buying a C63 Soon

First off, want to say thanks for all the great information posted in these threads.

I'm a current Bimmer owner and am going to be switching from a supercharged 330i to the C63. Not the biggest fan of auto trannies, but the C63 might be the best looking sedan ever made. I'm looking at buying either an 08 or 09 but had a few questions for you guys. With over 400 ft lbs of torque, an open diff isn't going to cut it in my opinion. It seems not a lot of cars come with the performance package (p30, I believe). Has anybody gotten the dealership to put the same diff as the p30 package into their car? It seems like this is an option now on new cars. I understand there are non factory options out there, but I wanna stay stock on this as much as possible (Ya, I know I'll be getting an ECU updgrade down the road). I have a Kaaz LSD in my bimmer now that works great, but just wanna keep the warranty for a while on the new benz.

Another thing, I've driven a nonpeformance package c63 and it was great, but I've read where a bunch of folks think the suspension on the performance package is too stiff and rough for a DD. Can people chime in here?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to posting more often.