Sponsored by:

Why do stock GT-Rs run so much faster than stock C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Keep working at your restaurant. Save your brain cells for that, because your intellect clearly doesn't have the capacity to understand the globalization of the car market. "It's jap" hasn't been a valid excuse since the mid 90's. The Japanese are every bit capable of building as good of a car as the Germans dollar for dollar, they just don't go after the same price points.

You're under-educated about the GTR. It's aerodynamics and chassis were tuned by LOTUS. The motor was engineered by COSWORTH, the authority on making big power turbo motors.

Stop making a fool out of yourself. I'm going to sleep.

Thanks for reminding the this racist *****. Recognize the car for what it can do regardless of where it was made or what badge it carried.

Aryton Senna probably the best F1 driver to date helped design and develop the NSX and even the mighty Ferrari could not touch that car when it came out and that was just a "jap car". The GTR is just one of the long line "jap car" innovations that could hang with cars twice its price. Learn your car history before making stupid statements.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
This is how people look at GTR in Japan. Japanese car company really dont care on how fast you go on 0-400m. They care on how fast you can lap a track. There is a video that texts all kinds of cars Japanese, European, etc. GTR holds the stock record of 1.01 sec . I mean this is super fast time. F430, Lambo, Porsche cant go close to this time. C63 laps 1.07 sec. This is because I think AWD. Plus they say that anyone can drive GTR and lap good time.

For me I say is this fun? Yes its fast but car is doing everything for you. Thats why I don't buy GT-R myself. C63 on the track you can never beat GT-R but C63 is fun! You just slide all over the place, you feel like your driving the car. Plus I like NA engine so C63 is just perfect.

Bad part of Japanese car is that you can lap like 10 laps or so very fast but after your brake dont last that long. GT-R is improving on the brakes but like other fast Japanese car its not. But like for Porsche you can lap good time for long time.

Plus people is talking about tany on GTR. Its really bad. Almost all GT-R will be gone for sure. New 2010 GT-R is better I heard.

Even I'm Japanese I never had Japanese car. I say fast but no fun car is Japanese car. But there is couple of fun car I think NSX Type R, Integra Type R, Civic Type R, 86 toyota corolla, Mazda RX-7. I think these car is fun to drive.

Plus Japanese say that Japanese car company cant make fast car without AWD. We want really fun RW or mid ship or RR. So I say that Japanese are way behind others for sure. If its AWD we say that its kind of easy to make the car fast but RW, midship, RR,etc I think that its hard. We all say look at other world. Porsche RR, C63 RW, M3 RW, Ferrari, etc all make great cars without using AWD. I dont like AWD car.

I think that GT-R was fun car way back with R32. Very light and not too expensive so young people can buy. But this R34 is fast but they put in too much money into the car and with that high price really in Japan no one will buy it. People will say I will buy a Porsche.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:47 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sflgator
Mark,

You neglected to mention this in previous posts. Most ppl cannot buy their cars at auction prices so it's a bit unfair and certainly deceptive to argue car values at auction prices when the rest of us are buying either brand new or used at dealer's retail prices minus discounts.

Too bad you missed out on the $13k mfgr-dealer rebate from MB last summer...I got my loaded C63 AMG for $55k, not the $68k-$70k you quoted! Maybe MB will have the same program this summer; then, you may change your tune on the C63's 'bang for your buck.' Either way, it doesn't matter to us, but again, you may want to think about how you sound on here...like a Boca snob. You may look "cool" while hangin' at the Boca Blue Martini (b/c snobby guys with attitude and a cool car is what the Boca girls like...but beware b/c they'll spend ALL your money too ) but on here, it just gets old.
great post btw.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
I kinda like retardedmunk. If someone's gonna lynch him, it's not gonna be me. I will tell you that not everything he's said so far has really stacked up, but I'm all drama'd out this week.

You can peek at his photobucket though: http://s189.photobucket.com/home/retardedmunk/index

If that's really his photobucket...where's the cl65? I only see a cl600
And how come every time this type of topic comes up it always turns into
Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
LOL...MTHIS is really a joke on the car end of things.....I call guys like that car RACISTS...

THE GTR was a car engineered by many different countries including the USA

The seats are designed by RECARO.....

I know sleepdoc...he AND I went to the same tuner...he has a bit more into his car...he also drives his car daily....I have a few cars to drive regularly
His car is very quick...

As for you paying $55k...you like the car and that is the most important..but I would of bought a CL65,S65 or a CLS55 for a few dollars less...reason is simple...

"I am a big fan of HIGH dollar car depreciation" Always have been....

why buy a car for say $60k when you can have a used $200k car or $100k car for say $50k?

You simply get a better car for the money...hence look at the interior and exterior and engine of a S65 compared to a C63.....no comparison

Some will argue that the 65 is a big car and cant handle as well...lol...nobody here drives their cars to work or to play around cones..and the S65 does a great job...and a badass CLS55 with the batman looks will do just as good or better.....they r just better cars .....I had a 2009 C63 (no keyless) this was one of the reasons I had dumped it quick....a ****ing Honda has keyless....it was a fast car...fun to drive but so was a SRT4 I once had...infact the SRT4 was more fun....lol

As far as the GTR...less then 5k have been built since 2009...not soooo rare but they build 8000 z06's yearly .....

2011 GTR'S have been limited to 300 units because the 2010's are still at lots....since this news hit ....dealers went back up to MSRP on 2011's and a few have sold for less....and according to the site I HANG out at on GTR'S
NAGTROC.COM.....A LOT of GTR's are being bought now since the production has been announced to end in 2012 and the super limited 2011's.....

The car has a 5 year 60k miles warranty on drivetrain....until this is breached and the cars have excessive miles...there is always someone going to be in the market for one of these cars....

I know of 2 997TT owners....both own dealerships...both sold their 997TT's to buy a GTR...and havent looked back.......

THE NEW ROAD AND TRACK JUST HIT CHECK IT OUT.....

The GTR came in 3rd...it is a 2 year old car now...they stacked it against
2010 zr1
2010 911 turbo
2011 GTR

The article claims the GTR to be boring and basically hard to break loose...but the best overall track car....

The GTR was still the best 0-60 with the best stopping power....
considering it weighs 800 lbs more then a zr1 with 155 less hp...this is a great accomplishent.....

Back to the 911...it still has the same ****ed up interior it did since 1995...a joke....with a great interior guy you can hook it up..but either way I am not fan of the 911.....I am a SUPER AMG freak though....
While I agree with you about the AMG's (any AMG for that matter) high depreciation, you're comparing a brand-spanking new car like my C63 AMG to a buying someone else's used (with ? miles and wear/tear) at auction with a 20%+ discount under what most everybody else can buy one for no less.

In addition, you should understand that other ppl have very different situations and priorities than you; e.g. I drive my C63 AMG 25-30k mi./yr. as a DD for my career, so starting out with a used car (no matter if a nicer one or not) with 30-50k mi. on the clock would probably just be a bad idea, imho. Also, if you're not buying the car outright, financing a used car is much more expensive than financing a new car with the interest rates being much higher on a used car. So, you see that your comparisons are not exactly apples to apples here.

If you know Sleepdoc and Fikse, you would also know what they do for a living and what kind of ppl they are...and they are in no way pretentious like you seem to be. So you really should learn something from them and get off your high horse.

Last edited by sflgator; 04-30-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by arctichaze

Thanks for reminding the this racist *****. Recognize the car for what it can do regardless of where it was made or what badge it carried.

Aryton Senna probably the best F1 driver to date helped design and develop the NSX and even the mighty Ferrari could not touch that car when it came out and that was just a "jap car". The GTR is just one of the long line "jap car" innovations that could hang with cars twice its price. Learn your car history before making stupid statements.
Very true, and the NSX was THE car that proved you could have a supercar that didn't fall apart or require mega-bucks to support and maintain.

Originally Posted by Jae Duk
If that's really his photobucket...where's the cl65? I only see a cl600
And how come every time this type of topic comes up it always turns into
I don't know retarded - although I don't seem to dislike him like most of you guys...but I'm also not quite as "MB is King" as a lot of folks on here. Anyway...just because he doesn't post pictures of his car means he doesn't/didn't have it??? I don't have pictures of half my vehicles online, does that mean I don't really own them?

I think you guys are getting WAY too worked up over your apples to oranges comparison. Which is better a Hummer or a C63? Well, the C63 is faster, more practical, more comfortable, has a 3 pt star, and sounds cool with gigantic exhaust tips - and since very few of you could actually use the capability of the Hummer, that means no one else could either...so it must be the C63!!! How about a Hayabusa vs C63 - well, the C63 will get smoked by the 'Bus - but since the 'Bus is Japanese and the C63 is a Krautwagen then obviously the 'Bus must submit to the C63. Geez guys...the C63 is a great car - but it's not the only great car out there. And on the Jap being inferior note - in the 80's and most of the 90's there weren't many available-in-the-US German car that could hang with the performance AND reliability of a good majority of the Jap "supercars".

Last edited by FormulaZR; 04-30-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Given the spread of globalism, classifying a car to be good or bad based on the national origins of the brand is a obsolete concept.

Like others have said cars now are developed in many different countries.

The GTR engine is japanese, but the transmission is american made and car is produced by Nissan, which is 44% owned by a french company, Renault. Mercedes now owns 3.9% of nissan and Renault.

Technically Nissan is a Japanese, German and French company.

You can do the same thing with the new camaro. The name is American, designed by a korean and built by canadians.

Even the new hyundai's have a korean name, designed by a german and built by americans.

Best thing to do now, is just base a car on its merits not the national origin of its branding.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:39 AM

C200
you know this is really interesting

a GTR in the US costs 80K

a c63 costs 55-70k there

however

in Singapore

a GTR costs 200k USD while a C63 costs about 300k USD
Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Given the spread of globalism, classifying a car to be good or bad based on the national origins of the brand is a obsolete concept.

Like others have said cars now are developed in many different countries.

The GTR engine is japanese, but the transmission is american made and car is produced by Nissan, which is 44% owned by a french company, Renault. Mercedes now owns 3.9% of nissan and Renault.

Technically Nissan is a Japanese, German and French company.

You can do the same thing with the new camaro. The name is American, designed by a korean and built by canadians.

Even the new hyundai's have a korean name, designed by a german and built by americans.

Best thing to do now, is just base a car on its merits not the national origin of its branding.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was saying. The best car on the road right now, pound for pound and dollar for dollar, is the Hyundai Genesis. And I NEVER imagined saying that.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cerano
you know this is really interesting

a GTR in the US costs 80K

a c63 costs 55-70k there

however

in Singapore

a GTR costs 200k USD while a C63 costs about 300k USD
Its well known that cars in the US are the cheapest place to purchase cars, mainly given low to almost no import taxes and higher volume of cars to distribute costs.

Unfortunately for you, high import taxes and low sales volume are probably the main contributing factors to the price and aren't really comparable since external factors are artifically inflating the price. Its not like mercedes is pocketing 230k in countries they sell for 300k.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you, this is exactly what I was saying. The best car on the road right now, pound for pound and dollar for dollar, is the Hyundai Genesis. And I NEVER imagined saying that.
Yeah i'm looking at picking up a genesis coupe as my go fast project car in 3yrs for 10-12k, since they don't have to pay the mercedes tax on parts. They get the hyundai discount on parts..lol..
Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
If you still have doubts about the GT-R........

GT-R VS Ferrari 599 GTB
@ Nurburgring

http://www.streetfire.net/video/gtr-...tb_2005075.htm
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by callmiro
If you still have doubts about the GT-R........

GT-R VS Ferrari 599 GTB
@ Nurburgring

http://www.streetfire.net/video/gtr-...tb_2005075.htm
All I gotta say is, see the car perform in real life. I thought the car was hype too until i saw its performance first hand. Its Gojira nickname is well deserved.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Keep working at your restaurant. Save your brain cells for that, because your intellect clearly doesn't have the capacity to understand the globalization of the car market. "It's jap" hasn't been a valid excuse since the mid 90's. The Japanese are every bit capable of building as good of a car as the Germans dollar for dollar, they just don't go after the same price points.

You're under-educated about the GTR. It's aerodynamics and chassis were tuned by LOTUS. The motor was engineered by COSWORTH, the authority on making big power turbo motors.

Stop making a fool out of yourself. I'm going to sleep.
stopppppppppppppp it dont matter who build that toy its still got a nissan badge. and btw i dont work in restaurant anymore.
Originally Posted by chiphomme
You are full of yourself, aren't you?
I have two acceleration meters, Racelogic and Gtech, both show my Nissan easily running over and over again in the mid 3s to 60, low 8s to 100, and high 11s@119-120ish in the quarter without using LC. I have run my GTR against my Black over and over again too. I love the CLK but it was no match for the GTR in any run. I am not the one that needs to do any research.
And this silly arrogance about it being Japanese borders on comical. Why wouldn't you turn that around and wonder why that lowly Nissan is giving Porsche, AMG, and the BMWs M division sleepless nights?

You should be applauding Nissan for pushing the Germans.
did you see anywhere in my post about compareing a stock 63 to a GTR?
dude you like it good for you i don't just bc it has a nissan badge and its a jap i HATE it now. i will never like it even if they build it to be the best car in the world ill still hate it just bc its a nissan.
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
LOL...MTHIS is really a joke on the car end of things.....I call guys like that car RACISTS...

THE GTR was a car engineered by many different countries including the USA

The seats are designed by RECARO.....

I know sleepdoc...he AND I went to the same tuner...he has a bit more into his car...he also drives his car daily....I have a few cars to drive regularly
His car is very quick...

As for you paying $55k...you like the car and that is the most important..but I would of bought a CL65,S65 or a CLS55 for a few dollars less...reason is simple...

"I am a big fan of HIGH dollar car depreciation" Always have been....
why buy a car for say $60k when you can have a used $200k car or $100k car for say $50k?

You simply get a better car for the money...hence look at the interior and exterior and engine of a S65 compared to a C63.....no comparison

Some will argue that the 65 is a big car and cant handle as well...lol...nobody here drives their cars to work or to play around cones..and the S65 does a great job...and a badass CLS55 with the batman looks will do just as good or better.....they r just better cars .....I had a 2009 C63 (no keyless) this was one of the reasons I had dumped it quick....a ****ing Honda has keyless....it was a fast car...fun to drive but so was a SRT4 I once had...infact the SRT4 was more fun....lol

As far as the GTR...less then 5k have been built since 2009...not soooo rare but they build 8000 z06's yearly .....

2011 GTR'S have been limited to 300 units because the 2010's are still at lots....since this news hit ....dealers went back up to MSRP on 2011's and a few have sold for less....and according to the site I HANG out at on GTR'S
NAGTROC.COM.....A LOT of GTR's are being bought now since the production has been announced to end in 2012 and the super limited 2011's.....

The car has a 5 year 60k miles warranty on drivetrain....until this is breached and the cars have excessive miles...there is always someone going to be in the market for one of these cars....

I know of 2 997TT owners....both own dealerships...both sold their 997TT's to buy a GTR...and havent looked back.......

THE NEW ROAD AND TRACK JUST HIT CHECK IT OUT.....

The GTR came in 3rd...it is a 2 year old car now...they stacked it against
2010 zr1
2010 911 turbo
2011 GTR

The article claims the GTR to be boring and basically hard to break loose...but the best overall track car....

The GTR was still the best 0-60 with the best stopping power....
considering it weighs 800 lbs more then a zr1 with 155 less hp...this is a great accomplishent.....

Back to the 911...it still has the same ****ed up interior it did since 1995...a joke....with a great interior guy you can hook it up..but either way I am not fan of the 911.....I am a SUPER AMG freak though....
RACIST bc i dont like a GTR or bc its a jap
you guys are funny i swear.
dont you guys have nothing beter to do then sit here and stir sht up,
its a nissan get over your selfs
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 559 Likes on 369 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by mthis
stopppppppppppppp it dont matter who build that toy its still got a nissan badge. and btw i dont work in restaurant anymore.

dude you like it good for you i don't just bc it has a nissan badge and its a jap i HATE it now. i will never like it even if they build it to be the best car in the world ill still hate it just bc its a nissan.

RACIST bc i dont like a GTR or bc its a jap
you guys are funny i swear.
dont you guys have nothing beter to do then sit here and stir sht up,
its a nissan get over your selfs
So you're basically admitting that you're just ignorant and biased towards marques that have more perceived prestige? Okay, that just makes you a douchebag. Congrats on getting out of the restaurant, I'm sure your new career as strip club DJ will serve you well.

And please, take "city that never sleeps" out of your location. You're from friggin STATEN ISLAND, which is NOT NYC. It's a garbage dump.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 AM

C200
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Its well known that cars in the US are the cheapest place to purchase cars, mainly given low to almost no import taxes and higher volume of cars to distribute costs.

Unfortunately for you, high import taxes and low sales volume are probably the main contributing factors to the price and aren't really comparable since external factors are artifically inflating the price. Its not like mercedes is pocketing 230k in countries they sell for 300k.
not the tax bro

i was referring to the fact that

the GT-R costs less than the c63 here while over there its the opposite
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
So you're basically admitting that you're just ignorant and biased towards marques that have more perceived prestige? Okay, that just makes you a douchebag. Congrats on getting out of the restaurant, I'm sure your new career as strip club DJ will serve you well.

And please, take "city that never sleeps" out of your location. You're from friggin STATEN ISLAND, which is NOT NYC. It's a garbage dump.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

what r u like 45 years old and strating sht on the internet.
come to staten island and lets talk face to face no internet BS.
let me know when you coming ill give you a place to meet me.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
if you want to meet me send me a pm im done with this thread.
a bunch of nissan lovers in a AMG world.

edit. Ill be waiting all day for that PM.

Last edited by mthis; 04-30-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:16 PM

C63
a bunch of nissan lovers in a AMG world.
sigh... you just dont get it do you? I personally hate the GTR's looks. BUT give credit where its due. That car is can out perform cars 3x its price. Yes its a Nissan but yes it can also chase a Ferrari and a Porsche. And for that merit alone, regardless of its badge even it was a Kia, I would always praise it and want one in my garage.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:24 PM

'11 VW GTI
Ok, this thread has gotten silly, good time to unsubscribe. I don't need any more updates about this clogging up my inbox. Especially with so many other good, useful, informative threads on here to keep up with
Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
stopppppppppppppp

In all your silly ramblings you must have forgotten this:

"DUde I abuse GTR's of dig and roll it's even worse.

1 a stock c63 does 0-60 in under 4 sec. I did 12.1 at 116 myself in my car.
So if car and driver did 3.9 to 60 and 12.3 in a 1/4 then I should of been at 3.8 to 60 with my 12.1to 1/4.
Fully modded c63 did 0-60 in 3.2 sec and 8.4 from 60-130 at 1/4 mile in 11.2 at 125."

You must also be unaware that GTR can be modded too. A stock C63 stands no chance against a stock GTR and a modded GTR will wipe the floor with a modded C63. That said, the C63 is a great car and if I hadn't already owned its big brother (CLK63 BS) I would have been tempted by it.

Your immature comments really need to stop.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
It amazes me someone could be so ignorant...But, I guess that is the underlying trait of any racist/bigot. You sir, get my vote for biggest douche bag/loser on MBWorld.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by LZH
It amazes me someone could be so ignorant...But, I guess that is the underlying trait of any racist/bigot. You sir, get my vote for biggest douche bag/loser on MBWorld.
Hahahah Looks who's talking. You sir are voted in on the biggerst mbw loser.
My opinion u just a dumbass that has nothing beter to do then sit on a pc and type bs allday. Oh yea. Go **** u self
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
lol...it is getting better?

SFLGATOR......I know Fiske(Brooks) and Sleepdoc....I know of them...have seen them at the track....

I am who I AM and my personality and character are unique to myself...I dont need to learn from someone else my good man

I was also putting out prices of the costs of the cars on the street....wholesale is not far from actual retail....trust me

IE...about interest rates? I bought a S65 MINT...60k miles...looks and drives like a brand new car...Loaded..I paid a little over $40k with shipping...I financed the car at a rate of 4.59%...used rate through chase....I dont know anybody who has a better rate on a new car....and if they did WHO cares...they are taking it in the *** when they drive off the lot BIG TIME...the S65 has hit its lowest point of value for some time...it is 5x the car the C63 is...

I ran a 11.4@122 stock with that car.....it was a $190k car....
THAT IS WHAT I CALL A SMART PURCHASE.....she is now sold----

Also who actually drives their car at a track? HIRO? I will not...I dont want to beat the **** out of the car...I have plenty of fun on the street..... a few guys out there do track their cars ...but I am sure a GTR by far is a much better track car then a C63....obviously.....
95% of the GTR's sold and 997's are for enthusiasts and speed freaks who like to own a sportcar

MTHIS---- Come on man...hey when I get there to visit you can I rent your car? Please.......

By the way I am not 45 years old...nothing wrong with that...45 is the new 30...I have a long way to go to 45.......like 16 years......and when I get there I will be just as cool as u I hope...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do stock GT-Rs run so much faster than stock C63s