C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visiting Kleeman on Monday...Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Visiting Kleeman on Monday...Any Questions?

So first off, let me just say that I thought I would post this here since this part of the forum is sponsored by Kleeman and many 63 guys have gone the way of Kleeman for aftermarket parts, etc.

I am traveling to Copenhagen, Denmark for work on Saturday and will be there for a few weeks. I do however, have a couple days free before I have to hit the grind. I decided that I am going to take the 30min stroll north to visit the Kleeman Headquarters. I have sent an e-mail to Kleeman making sure it is ok that I visit, etc. and am still waiting for a response. I believe they will be fine with this as their website encourages people to stop by.

I wanted to get the input of the forum of any questions they would like answered. I was leaning towards more non-technical questions instead of technical questions about specific products, specifications, or specific issues. Though I will be more than happy to collect any/all questions you guys would like me to ask and see how many I can get answered.

I will be trying to take pictures as much as I can (and as much as they will let me).

Hope to get input from everyone on what they would like to know.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Could you ask them where they are at on K4 tune? Apparently it has not been released as they were not happy with the net result. I am wondering if they will be releasing this tune anytime soon as I am considering this or Vath tune which is very similar. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by harrower
Could you ask them where they are at on K4 tune? Apparently it has not been released as they were not happy with the net result. I am wondering if they will be releasing this tune anytime soon as I am considering this or Vath tune which is very similar. Thanks.
Noted.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
Ask them if they will ever come out with a flash through the OBDII port.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Please ask them:

1) Will they ever consider making a short or long header for the C63?
2) Status of throttle bodies.
3) Any other planned engine mods or is this the end of the line since the TT is coming out?

TIA.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Please ask them (as a general question but also specifically re. their tune) about the ability of the tune to properly compensate for the addition of headers (short or long tube) so as to keep AFRs in the optimal range, or if adjustments to the tune are recommended or necessary. Thx.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by benyl
Ask them if they will ever come out with a flash through the OBDII port.
Added to the list.

Originally Posted by Sincity
Please ask them:

1) Will they ever consider making a short or long header for the C63?
2) Status of throttle bodies.
3) Any other planned engine mods or is this the end of the line since the TT is coming out?

TIA.
Added

Originally Posted by bhamg
Please ask them (as a general question but also specifically re. their tune) about the ability of the tune to properly compensate for the addition of headers (short or long tube) so as to keep AFRs in the optimal range, or if adjustments to the tune are recommended or necessary. Thx.
Added.

On a separate side, but equally awesome note, I just realized that the 2010 Gumball 3000 should be hitting Copenhagen the night of May 2nd and then leave the afternoon of May 3rd for Stockholm. I am going to see if I can call a few people and find out where they are staying...though I think that may be hard, since they don't even tell the gumballers until the day of the leg.

I'm going to try and find the right place and get some pictures. I got a short list of the top luxury hotels in Copenhagen, they will most likely be staying at one of them. Should make for an interesting couple of days.

Last edited by ZAHANMA; 04-28-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Poor Grammar